Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline gcanton  
#1 Posted : 07 April 2015 20:25:01(UTC)
gcanton

United Kingdom   
Hello,

I have bought a loco from Ebay which I would like to find the manual for or some information to know how to care for it. It is gauge one, metal, looks made from a kit or a small run, came in a wooden box labelled Eurotrain. It has a Marklin claw coupling which looks from early in its life judging by the painting. I have tried to look for information and not found very much. The wiring is messy and I would prefer to rewire it to be digital rather than the current DC. A search for DB 89 7019 will show it from the Ebay listing. As it is screwed together I do not want to undo the wrong ones and find a nut falls out and it becomes a 3D puzzle to reconstruct. It looks very different to maxi, plastic simple Marklin gauge one or the later fine Marklin versions, partly due to having a sloping rear to the cab in the style of the 5501 set and number plate on the chimney.

Graham
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 08 April 2015 22:36:31(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
I suspect that the brand is Eurotrain, and is not part of the Eurotrain shop train. It is almost certainly not a Marklin product.

I suspect that the Eurotrain company that made the loco is possibly Spanish.

The bit that puzzles me is that it looks like one pair of the driving wheels is mounted direct on the motor, without any gearbox.
Offline Shamu  
#3 Posted : 09 April 2015 00:58:39(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
I could be wrong Alan but it looks to me like the motor is under (above) the trailing axel and it is just a shroud over the (I assume) helical gear on the centre axel. Huh

Graham,

Going by Oz prices looks like you picked up a very nice little 1 Gauge loco for the money ThumpUp . Hope you can track down a manual/parts diagram for it.
Shamu attached the following image(s):
DB_89_7019_under.jpg
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 09 April 2015 13:16:13(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Shamu Go to Quoted Post
I could be wrong Alan but it looks to me like the motor is under (above) the trailing axel and it is just a shroud over the (I assume) helical gear on the centre axel. Huh

Graham,

Going by Oz prices looks like you picked up a very nice little 1 Gauge loco for the money ThumpUp . Hope you can track down a manual/parts diagram for it.

Oh yes, on closer inspection I think you are correct Shamu. The quick look I had i thought the red bulge housed the motor, but another look suggests you are correct and that covers the gear.

The wiring is a mess though, why isn't it on top of the chassis?

Offline gcanton  
#5 Posted : 11 April 2015 17:55:01(UTC)
gcanton

United Kingdom   
The drive is worm and gear with the gear under the shield. The wiring is why I'd like to get the chassis and body separated if possible without reducing it to a pile of bits. It is a lovely relic from earlier Gauge 1 electric times and is sufficiently engaging the management thought it a good buy and not another piece of clutter...... However as DC it needs to be rewired to sit amongst its fellows who are Marklin digital in its various flavours or DCC or at least a bit tidier.

Graham