Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline tomdk1985  
#1 Posted : 03 April 2015 16:20:54(UTC)
tomdk1985

Denmark   
Hello. I'm a newbie to Märklin. I got a CS2 with newest software from the Internet.
I managed to digitalize a turnout and I Can control it with keyboard layout in CS2. It was quite easy.

So I tried to program a digital signal . I Got the signal in programming mode and... now Im lost. How do transfer signal setup from CS2 to the signal?
Offline Webmaster  
#2 Posted : 03 April 2015 20:30:10(UTC)
Webmaster

Which signal? There are some issues/quirks with some signals reported in other topics in the forum.
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline tomdk1985  
#3 Posted : 04 April 2015 10:20:42(UTC)
tomdk1985

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
Which signal? There are some issues/quirks with some signals reported in other topics in the forum.

The signal is Märklin 76391 v2.0

Offline tomdk1985  
#4 Posted : 10 April 2015 23:45:58(UTC)
tomdk1985

Denmark   
Seriously, I dont think I quite understand how to setup a digital signal with CS2.

Does anyone got a step-by-step guide, so I can found out if the signal is broken?
Offline clapcott  
#5 Posted : 11 April 2015 23:19:01(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: tomdk1985 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone got a step-by-step guide, so I can found out if the signal is broken?

Have you reviewed the latest version of the manual?
Code:
http://medienpdb.maerklin.de/product_files/1/pdf/76391_betrieb.pdf

And just to be clear - with the clip in place at power on time, the signal will accept the first address it sees on the track as its new one, this can be from ANY MM(Motorola) type controller not just a CS2

- with power off, install the programming clip (would have come from the factory with clip installed) and connect to track power feed.
- power on controller and press (either red/green) button of the address you wish to program the signal with (Any controller with MM cabability)
- power off and remove clip
- power on and test.
(If multiaspect signal, you would set 2 addresses)

The CS2, just allows you to pick a pretty picture if you wish - it will still work with the basic red and green buttons for the address set up.

Peter
Offline tomdk1985  
#6 Posted : 12 April 2015 00:17:46(UTC)
tomdk1985

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post

Have you reviewed the latest version of the manual?
Code:
http://medienpdb.maerklin.de/product_files/1/pdf/76391_betrieb.pdf

And just to be clear - with the clip in place at power on time, the signal will accept the first address it sees on the track as its new one, this can be from ANY MM(Motorola) type controller not just a CS2

- with power off, install the programming clip (would have come from the factory with clip installed) and connect to track power feed.
- power on controller and press (either red/green) button of the address you wish to program the signal with (Any controller with MM cabability)
- power on and test.

The CS2, just allows you to pick a pretty picture if you wish - it will still work with the basic red and green buttons for the address set up.

1) My manual is the same version/edition as the one, you linked to.

2) It works now thx, but your video - it doesnt look like the interface on my CS2 :P

You wrote the signal will accept the first address it sees on the track as its new one - so if I want to add more signals, I cant use address 3 to a new signal, because the current signal are using address 2?

I got a turnout with decoder on address 1 - it was more easy to programing.
Offline clapcott  
#7 Posted : 12 April 2015 01:37:48(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
You wrote the signal will accept the first address it sees on the track as its new one

No, please do not distort the context. What I wrote was
... with the clip in place at power on time, the signal will accept the first address it sees on the track as its new one, ....
If the first address you use (press the relevant button of), after powering on with the clip in place is "3", then that will be address set within the signal.

Quote:
I got a turnout with decoder on address 1 - it was more easy to programing

These signals are over 10 years old, my video is 5years old.
The replacement versions of these signals are slated for delivery this month (after a wait of almost 2 years). I do not expect Marklin will to much better in providing and documenting a friendly programming method.

Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline tomdk1985  
#8 Posted : 12 April 2015 10:14:38(UTC)
tomdk1985

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
You wrote the signal will accept the first address it sees on the track as its new one

No, please do not distort the context. What I wrote was
... with the clip in place at power on time, the signal will accept the first address it sees on the track as its new one, ....
If the first address you use (press the relevant button of), after powering on with the clip in place is "3", then that will be address set within the signal.

Quote:
I got a turnout with decoder on address 1 - it was more easy to programing

These signals are over 10 years old, my video is 5years old.
The replacement versions of these signals are slated for delivery this month (after a wait of almost 2 years). I do not expect Marklin will to much better in providing and documenting a friendly programming method.

Sorry I wasnt trying to distort the context - it was a newbie question from my side :S

But the signal is working now - it is the most impontant thing :)

you should really be the master of making manuals to Märklin Digital Systems, since you are explaining much better than those manuals :)
Offline Petz  
#9 Posted : 31 December 2015 13:42:16(UTC)
Petz

Denmark   

- power on and test.

Hi everybody.
Thank you for your help, as I had a lot of problems too. Even if I followed the above description it did not work for me. I did stop all the trains, as maerklin recommend, but had forgot to close a light on the CS2, even a train that was not on the track.
After closing that, it worked out well.

Happy new year to all of you
Peter Denmark
Offline Goofy  
#10 Posted : 01 January 2016 10:57:40(UTC)
Goofy

Märklins new mfx digital signals are much more easier by program and accept both DCC and MM protocol.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control