Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Shamu  
#1 Posted : 03 April 2015 04:50:18(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
Hi folks,

Need a bit of help with my (poor) translation of the addendum sheet included with my Rivarossi BR96's.

I've done my best but parts I just can't figure out and I think my poor grasp (or memory) of German grammar has perhaps made a mess of the finer details. Blushing

The first is a photo/scan of the sheet, the .pdf is my translation as best as I can manage.

Any help from those of you with a better (native) understanding would be most appreciated.

Also in the actual manual for the loco (2010 last production run) it mentions that it is a "Arnold Decoder"........ any idea who actually made it ?Confused

Thanks in advance BigGrin

File Attachment(s):
Error report Rivarossi BR 96.pdf (150kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
Shamu attached the following image(s):
Riverossi BR96s.jpg
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 03 April 2015 05:18:56(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Error Report Rivarossi BR 96

Error:

The loco will not communicate via Intellibox using address 96

Cause:

The decoder was initially controlled in DCC mode and not in MM (Motorola Mode), other than that the Acceleration and Deceleration and the Motor settings (CV 4; 5; 50) were set very slow. By quick verification of the loco it created the appearance that it did not react. The less than perfect power contact of the loco on Maerklin tracks reinforced this perception (which can be improved by modifying the settings).

Solution

Decoder Address reprogrammed. Settings for Acceleration, Braking, Motor settings and Top speed have been reset as follows:

(See list)

Tips:
- Loco should be used in DCC 14/27. During loco selection, press Lok button, key in Lok number (do not press ENTER), then Menu and under Datenformat select DCC 14/27/28 and press ENTER
- Decoder settings (CV) can be changed with the intellibox as follows:
Press MODE, then MENU, then DCC Programming, RIGHT ARROW, CV BYTEWEISE, RIGHT ARROW, key in CV Value and press ENTER
The actual value can be read by pressing ENTER before any changes are made
-If you still wish to use MOTOROLA Mode, you must make changes to CV49 (see decoder instructions). The loco address must then be changed to be between 01 and 80
The loco is intended for use as a shunter with the original settings
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 03 April 2015 05:24:41(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
What was the default address of the loco on delivery?
What digital system are you using?
Have you experienced any issues with calling up the loco on your controller?

Does the locomotive come with a decoder manual? If yes, does it provide a list of CV Values and instructions for how to modify the data using a 6021 or other controller?

If you are not having any issues, then this should not be a concern to you.

Regards

Mike C
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 03 April 2015 15:12:24(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Error Report Rivarossi BR 96

Error:

The loco will not communicate via Intellibox using address 96

Cause:

The decoder was initially controlled in DCC mode and not in MM (Motorola Mode), other than that the Acceleration and Deceleration and the Motor settings (CV 4; 5; 50) were set very slow. By quick verification of the loco it created the appearance that it did not react. The less than perfect power contact of the loco on Maerklin tracks reinforced this perception (which can be improved by modifying the settings).

Solution

Decoder Address reprogrammed. Settings for Acceleration, Braking, Motor settings and Top speed have been reset as follows:

(See list)

Tips:
- Loco should be used in DCC 14/27. During loco selection, press Lok button, key in Lok number (do not press ENTER), then Menu and under Datenformat select DCC 14/27/28 and press ENTER
- Decoder settings (CV) can be changed with the intellibox as follows:
Press MODE, then MENU, then DCC Programming, RIGHT ARROW, CV BYTEWEISE, RIGHT ARROW, key in CV Value and press ENTER
The actual value can be read by pressing ENTER before any changes are made
-If you still wish to use MOTOROLA Mode, you must make changes to CV49 (see decoder instructions). The loco address must then be changed to be between 01 and 80
The loco is intended for use as a shunter with the original settings

This sounds like it was sent back to the factory with a "fault" because the owner had programmed some CVs badly. This is the repair report.

Offline Shamu  
#5 Posted : 04 April 2015 03:31:50(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
Hi Mike,

There both stock standard however I only tested one of them on the rolling test stand. Set to address 96 as stated in the documentation and appeared to run OK using a MS2. The documentation in the proper manual from memory was a bit sparse in the decoder department although I recall about 6 CV's being listed.

Alan,

Both loco's were brand new old stock (10518/10538) my German uncle sent to me a couple of years before he died and the addendum sheet is in both boxes.

There currently packed away but I came across the attempted translation of the error report when clearing out the dross on the main computer and am more curious to find out what it was all about as my attempt left me wondering if I was missing something important.

Thanks to both of you.
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .