Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline xxup  
#1 Posted : 01 April 2015 23:28:37(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
I was admiring Dgriman's new 50th Anniversary loco, when I thought that I would check my Koll's to see when they were first produced by Marklin. Lo and behold it does do not seem to be listed in either edition.

Does anyone know when these great locos were first produced by Marklin?

Here's a photo of mine to drool over in the meantime.

UserPostedImage
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 01 April 2015 23:41:50(UTC)
H0

Hi!
According to the product database, loco 37845 first appeared in the 2003/2004 catalogue.
Were there any birthday 50s before the 37845?

The current model is the 37847 (and according to the infallible product database it comes with the number 50 1962).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Nigel Packer  
#3 Posted : 01 April 2015 23:47:39(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Each year the loco number is changed to represent a 50th birthday year.

37845 was produced from 2003 to 2006, with loco numbers 50 1953 to 50 1956.

And 37847 was produced from 2007 to 2012, with loco numbers 50 1957 to 50 1962.

I don't think the loco has been produced since 2012.

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#4 Posted : 02 April 2015 00:27:04(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Nigel Packer Go to Quoted Post

I'm glad I got mine (50-1960) in 2010 then! I was a bit disappointed that the loco does not have sound (but I can always rectify that), but it sure looks great with all the weathering.
Bigdaddynz attached the following image(s):
37847_4.JPG
37847_3.JPG
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline NZMarklinist  
#5 Posted : 02 April 2015 03:10:06(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   

Nigel

Aw gee Nigel, could it be that you and I will miss out then Laugh
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline xxup  
#6 Posted : 02 April 2015 04:23:29(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Blushing Blushing I looked up the wrong numbers in Koll's.. 37845 and 37847 are in the 2011 special catalogue. I will go downstairs and check the 2015 catalogue can see if there is any more information.

What is really interesting is that the Koll's guide states that there is sound from the 37847 2007 edition and I am pretty sure that mine has sound as I remember being very surprised to hear a whistle..

UPDATE: From 2013 the new number for the birthday loco 37817. AND it is in the 2015 Koll's special guide.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Nigel Packer  
#7 Posted : 02 April 2015 11:36:00(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post

UPDATE: From 2013 the new number for the birthday loco 37817. AND it is in the 2015 Koll's special guide.

Well spotted! I'd forgotten that one. Youngsters who are 50 years old nowadays get a loco with full sound features!

Nigel
Offline Nigel Packer  
#8 Posted : 02 April 2015 11:41:33(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post

Nigel

Hi Glen,

Sadly, my 50th birthday occurred before this loco concept had been introduced!

But Märklin made me a special 37845 (50 1953) for Christmas Day 2003 to mark 50 years since I received my first Märklin trains. On Christmas Day 1953, Father Christmas brought me an F846/4 set (with loco F800), plus a CM800 goods train. I still have these trains, and they still work.

So I haven't really missed out on the birthday loco!

Nigel
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline kiwiAlan  
#9 Posted : 03 April 2015 14:06:34(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
I was admiring Dgriman's new 50th Anniversary loco, when I thought that I would check my Koll's to see when they were first produced by Marklin. Lo and behold it does do not seem to be listed in either edition.

Does anyone know when these great locos were first produced by Marklin?

Here's a photo of mine to drool over in the meantime.

UserPostedImage

Ooh err ... that one would suit my wife.

I now need a Br64 this year ...

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline NZMarklinist  
#10 Posted : 03 April 2015 14:09:39(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   

Nigel

Hi Glen,

Sadly, my 50th birthday occurred before this loco concept had been introduced!

But Märklin made me a special 37845 (50 1953) for Christmas Day 2003 to mark 50 years since I received my first Märklin trains. On Christmas Day 1953, Father Christmas brought me an F846/4 set (with loco F800), plus a CM800 goods train. I still have these trains, and they still work.

So I haven't really missed out on the birthday loco!

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

Just kidding ! Wink but congrats on the 1953 !

I think it was about 1959 when I got my first train set, Triang Hornby Blushing Hoewever I traded it (Three Loks and the whole layout of tracks) ,for some Marklin around 1961 with just one Steam Lok 01 or 03, and three tinplate coaches and one and a half circles of track for my layout with two manual M Track turnouts !Laugh
Four electric turnouts and a double slip and more brand new M Track soon arrived next Xmas or birthday if not in advance of Woot
In 1968 or 9 my Mother talked me into selling my Marklin layout because "I wasn't using it" As if that matters to a Marklinist Cursing Flapper the whole layout, fully sceniced, Faller sawdust grassed, with loads of classic Faller buildings (Including the Faller Water Mill like yours) and houses, all lit, hundreds of those classic "stacker type" Faller pine trees, and somehow all my Matchbox and Dinky cars as well, all in mint condition, went out the door with the same buyer/thief Cursing Obviously I still haven't forgiven her Scared
When I get the "New" Winrail Wink and some spare time, I will design the old layout and post it on the forum 1 Just hope I don't get tempted to recreate it Scared

Just today a lady friend of mine was telling me off, because I told her, I'm going to get rid of a beautiful Mahogany corner unit with glass doors and lovely ornaments of my Mothers, (I did defiantly say if it stayed it, was going to end up with trains in it Sneaky) as well as one of her treasured paintings, so I can put up my seven 2.4m Trainsafe Display tubes up on the wall in the lounge and have my Big Boy LED lit Display case on the beautiful hand carving embellished, Mahogany Side Board side board below Woot . The lady friend, who knew my Mother, said that she would be horrified, however, whose getting the last laugh so to speak. RollEyes
I moved into my house well after Mum died so she didn't have a hand in arranging it anyway, however, the said lady friend did, but I am going to please my so and so Marklinist self here !! Sneaky

I did get a 50th one for a Marklin friend over here, a few years ago at the request of his lady friend !, he is actually a forum member but not at all active.
I ordered it thru Lokshop about 3 or 4 months before his Birthday and it all arrived perfectly I contributed the postage and a smoke unit Wink he treasures it but......
Sadly about a month ago, I had to help him move out of the lady's house who had bought the Lok for him ! Sad
He would have liked it to have had sounds, well his 60th will be round soon enough Woot
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline NZMarklinist  
#11 Posted : 03 April 2015 14:15:54(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Hello Alan,

Well I'll be needing a special one of those 64's to add to the four I already have shortly as well. Now seeing we are both avid Marklin Collectors from the other side of the globe, what about Nigel having a word to Maerklin for US about a special class 64 Wink Woot
I'll leave it to you to organise Alan. seeing your closer ! Wink
btw my middle name is Alan Wink
Please pm me for the personal details required for the Lok ThumpUp Wink
Glen
Auckland NZ

Offline kiwiAlan  
#12 Posted : 03 April 2015 16:06:59(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Hello Alan,

Well I'll be needing a special one of those 64's to add to the four I already have shortly as well. Now seeing we are both avid Marklin Collectors from the other side of the globe, what about Nigel having a word to Maerklin for US about a special class 64 Wink Woot

haha, I don't have the contacts, but I am heartened by the Br64 issued this year being Br64 120x (can't remember the last digit), as I didn't think enough of them were built to get into 4 digit road numbers.

I don't want to wait for a Br96 ... Scared

Offline NZMarklinist  
#13 Posted : 03 April 2015 16:14:09(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Hello Alan,

haha, I don't have the contacts, but I am heartened by the Br64 issued this year being Br64 120x (can't remember the last digit), as I didn't think enough of them were built to get into 4 digit road numbers.

No but the point is, Nigel obviously does have and it's the least he could do for us don't you think Wink Smile Blushing

No I don't want to wait for a 96 either, I got the 37964 one ten years ago in green, and will buy a black one sometime soon LOL
Funny about the catalogue number BigGrin
However I'd happily buy another one then Woot RollEyes
Glen
Auckland NZ

Offline kiwiAlan  
#14 Posted : 03 April 2015 16:20:18(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Hello Alan,

No but the point is, Nigel obviously does have and it's the least he could do for us don't you think Wink Smile Blushing

No I don't want to wait for a 96 either, I got the 37964 one ten years ago in green, and will buy a black one sometime soon LOL
Funny about the catalogue number BigGrin
However I'd happily buy another one then Woot RollEyes

I have three Br64 already (from the modern versions starting with the 39640) and a number of the Br96 (including the gold and metal editions that I got for reasonable prices off ebay). But I could go another Br64 ... RollEyes

Offline H0  
#15 Posted : 03 April 2015 18:15:22(UTC)
H0

Hi!
520 have been built (64 001 through 64 520).
64 1200-1 is the era IV number for 64 200 (it's a GDR DR model). No chance for a prototypically correct 64 19xx loco.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0