Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Registers on the forum or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Janne75  
#1 Posted : 31 March 2015 22:33:17(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi all,

I have analogized LOL back again this 3167. It was before digitalized with Märklin 6080 decoder and worked very well.

I unsoldered that 6080 decoder wires and took it off this loco as it will be analog again and my coming soon 3016 railbus will get this 6080 decoder in it. I soldered all wires to this 3167 like they should be. It behaves strangely. I have just tested it on my digital layout as I wanted to only see it will run it's motor in both directions when I manually press reversing unit to change direction. It has lights continuously on and almost without any flickering. Motor spins for a very short time and stops. Same in both directions. Motor has not been opened after it has worked very well and was serviced (with ball bearings etc.).

However this might be the cause of these problems... Someone has broke that metal frame reversing unit support so it is not possible to screw that reversing unit in the frame. Maybe bad grounding? Confused I have soldered one wire from the reversing unit screw hole to motors - terminal. Maybe this is not enough and grounding should be better? Reversing unit is insulated from the metal frame by some "sticky pads".

Any help or suggestions what could cause this would be great. Can that blue motor wire "thing" in plastic cover be installed in wrong direction? Now this loco acts like it's running is dependent of some condensator which gives very short power on periods...

I have never ever had before such problem, but also this locos reversing unit has not very good grounding at the moment. Any tips how to make the grounding better without that frames original mounting place?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline jvuye  
#2 Posted : 31 March 2015 23:29:18(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: Janne75 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

I have analogized LOL back again this 3167. It was before digitalized with Märklin 6080 decoder and worked very well.

I unsoldered that 6080 decoder wires and took it off this loco as it will be analog again and my coming soon 3016 railbus will get this 6080 decoder in it. I soldered all wires to this 3167 like they should be. It behaves strangely. I have just tested it on my digital layout as I wanted to only see it will run it's motor in both directions when I manually press reversing unit to change direction. It has lights continuously on and almost without any flickering. Motor spins for a very short time and stops. Same in both directions. Motor has not been opened after it has worked very well and was serviced (with ball bearings etc.).

However this might be the cause of these problems... Someone has broke that metal frame reversing unit support so it is not possible to screw that reversing unit in the frame. Maybe bad grounding? Confused I have soldered one wire from the reversing unit screw hole to motors - terminal. Maybe this is not enough and grounding should be better? Reversing unit is insulated from the metal frame by some "sticky pads".

Any help or suggestions what could cause this would be great. Can that blue motor wire "thing" in plastic cover be installed in wrong direction? Now this loco acts like it's running is dependent of some condensator which gives very short power on periods...

I have never ever had before such problem, but also this locos reversing unit has not very good grounding at the moment. Any tips how to make the grounding better without that frames original mounting place?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Janne

Hello Janne
A few pics of the loco with the body off maybe ???

Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
Offline Janne75  
#3 Posted : 01 April 2015 17:49:55(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi Jacques,

I have solved this "problem". Actually there was no problem at all on analog track with AC current and transformer. This strange behaviour was only on my digital layout and DC current with CS2 controller.

I should have tested this loco on analog layout yesterday. I don't know why this loco runs/moves so slowly and in short time periods as on analog layout it runs strong and fast if needed.

Anyway problem solved = use it on analog layout Wink . My other analog locos run on digital layout with quite high speed when I have tested them.

Regards,
Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.