Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline BwanaJoe  
#1 Posted : 29 March 2015 23:30:26(UTC)
BwanaJoe

United States   
I'm finally getting around to planning a layout and I'm looking through old CS documentation and articles to try to come to grips with a full digital setup. It looks like the original S88s connect directly to the Central Station. If I understand it correctly, the new S88 needs a "L88" to now connect to the CS. Is this correct?

If so, unless there is a really good reason to get the new version, I'm going to start trolling for the old stuff!
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 29 March 2015 23:40:57(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: BwanaJoe Go to Quoted Post
If so, unless there is a really good reason to get the new version, I'm going to start trolling for the old stuff!
The new version started shipping this months and I'm afraid no-one had time yet to evaluate the new system.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline BwanaJoe  
#3 Posted : 30 March 2015 00:14:26(UTC)
BwanaJoe

United States   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BwanaJoe Go to Quoted Post
The new version started shipping this months and I'm afraid no-one had time yet to evaluate the new system.

Ahhhh, so nothing in the docs that indicates anything other than a way to gen more money for corporate.
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 30 March 2015 08:36:09(UTC)
H0

The new system could be faster and more reliable. Or more flexible. Or whatever. And yes, it only works with the CS2 so you have to buy new if you ever switch to ECoS or another controller.

To find out about the reliability people will have to test the new system at least a few weeks.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline BwanaJoe  
#5 Posted : 30 March 2015 15:52:30(UTC)
BwanaJoe

United States   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
And yes, it only works with the CS2 so you have to buy new if you ever switch to ECoS or another controller.

I hadn't thought of that and it is a good point. As a complete newbie I'm not sure how'd I would work in something else that doesn't corrospond to Märklin Motorola standards though.