Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Johnvr  
#1 Posted : 25 March 2015 18:01:47(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Hi all,

I would like to find out whether any users have connected their CS1 to a Computer ?

The User Manual suggests that this may be available at some stage, so would be interested to know whether this can be done, if so, what software would you use on your computer to operate your layout, and what hardware connection would you use ?

Regards,BigGrin
John
Offline waorb  
#2 Posted : 25 March 2015 19:01:23(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   

Hello John.

I have a CS2, and I'm learning Rocrail. http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php

I think there is no issues to connect it to CS1...

Some tips here:

https://www.marklin-users.net/forum/yaf_postsm350076_How-can-I-Connect--Marklin-60212-to-a-60214--SOLVED.aspx#post350076

Cheers,

Walter
Offline Webmaster  
#3 Posted : 25 March 2015 19:14:37(UTC)
Webmaster

You connect it via Ethernet, like on your home network.

The software must of course speak the CAN protocol over Ethernet, but the major commercial options for PC can do that now.

If you just want to control loks & turnouts from a screen - TouchCab is a great thing for iThingies (if you have one) that works very good.
Best of all, the developer of TouchCab is a valued member here too so questions about it can be answered directly from the original source...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 25 March 2015 19:38:45(UTC)
H0

Hi, John!
Originally Posted by: Johnvr Go to Quoted Post
The User Manual suggests that this may be available at some stage
This is available with version 2.0.3 and 2.0.4. Do you have any of these versions on your CS1?

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline clapcott  
#5 Posted : 25 March 2015 19:43:34(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Johnvr Go to Quoted Post

I would like to find out whether any users have connected their CS1 to a Computer ?

The User Manual suggests that this may be available at some stage...

I can only assume this reference is in the context of Marklin actually providing some upper level program for use.

From the get-go the CS1 has had ethernet connectivity with both a Web interface (Backup/Restore/Update) and telnet (no password initially)
The CAN over ethernet protocol documentation may have been a little later (and sourced from ESU if I recall) but not much later.

The CS1 utilises TCP while the CS2 uses UDP. For the recreational programmer viewpoint, I found the CS1 easier to work with even if it may not have been the most efficient (compared to the CS2).

Peter