Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline TheFatTick  
#1 Posted : 12 March 2015 19:30:14(UTC)
TheFatTick

United States   
I have a 28970 Glaskasten "Wedding" loco, celebrating the union of Marklin and Trix and produced in 1997. I believe it is Delta equipped.

Can I run this loco safely with a Marklin 6646 transformer? I assume I can't get near it with my blue metal transformers.

Thanks!

Edit: I'm fully analogue, FWIW.
Offline lglarsson  
#2 Posted : 12 March 2015 21:12:04(UTC)
lglarsson

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: TheFatTick Go to Quoted Post
I have a 28970 Glaskasten "Wedding" loco, celebrating the union of Marklin and Trix and produced in 1997. I believe it is Delta equipped.

Can I run this loco safely with a Marklin 6646 transformer? I assume I can't get near it with my blue metal transformers.

Thanks!

Edit: I'm fully analogue, FWIW.

Hi
You can run it with the 6646 transformer without any problem. Don't use the old blue one. You can of cource run as digital also. Since it is a Delta Product you have 15 adresses avaiable for digital use.
regards
LG
Märklin collector/K-track, permanent layout since 1985/60214 CS2, CS3+, 60174 Boosters/WinDigipet, WinTrack, Collection/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by lglarsson
Offline TheFatTick  
#3 Posted : 12 March 2015 23:02:57(UTC)
TheFatTick

United States   
Fantastic! I can't wait to run it.

I'm afraid digital is not in the picture at the moment. But I do intend to use the Glaskasten as a shuttle using a 6600 controller.
Offline BrandonVA  
#4 Posted : 17 September 2015 22:38:39(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
Originally Posted by: TheFatTick Go to Quoted Post
Fantastic! I can't wait to run it.

I'm afraid digital is not in the picture at the moment. But I do intend to use the Glaskasten as a shuttle using a 6600 controller.

TheFatTick,

I'm very late on this response, but I would be careful using a 6600 with a decoder based locomotive. It's fine for analog loks, but using it on a digital lok running under analog control may be bad. Delta controllers should be a little more tolerant, but not sure about using them with 6600. If you have another Delta lok (maybe a diesel) to test with that may be better, replacing the decoder on a Glaskasten a pain due to the tight space.

-Brandon