Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline tommycox  
#1 Posted : 02 March 2015 21:09:53(UTC)
tommycox

United States   
Just curious.... has anyone here, from any country in the world.... ever spoken by phone to a person working at ESU?

Thx,
Tom
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 02 March 2015 21:28:34(UTC)
H0

ESU Germany or ESU USA?
I spake with people from ESU Germany at the IMA at Cologne.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 03 March 2015 03:29:10(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
A few years ago, I spoke to one of the people at ESU's office in the USA regarding a problem that I had been having with my Lokprogrammer. She was very helpful and we were able to resolve the issue.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Tom Jessop  
#4 Posted : 03 March 2015 03:50:16(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

There is a ESU yahoo group ,Matt Herman is the USA manager & the man to talk to about problems , There is also quite a few other knowledgeable people on the list , Dave Heap in Australia is one that springs to mind . Join up there & almost every problem will be answered .

http://www.loksound.com/

Cheers Tom in Oz
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Tom Jessop
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 03 March 2015 14:37:30(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Tom Jessop Go to Quoted Post

There is a ESU yahoo group ,Matt Herman is the USA manager & the man to talk to about problems , There is also quite a few other knowledgeable people on the list , Dave Heap in Australia is one that springs to mind . Join up there & almost every problem will be answered .

http://www.loksound.com/

Cheers Tom in Oz

Matt Herman is (relatively) active on that list and goes out of his way to help people, as he has time available. he does also spend a lot of time getting recordings and making the sound files for a lot of American locos for ESU decoders.

Dave Heap has spent a lot of time studying the ESU decoders (with help from Matt) and has integrated the ESU decoders into the JMRI project. He is also very helpful with problems, and probably is the most knowledgable person outside ESU about Loksound decoders.

Phil Dunlop is another contributor and has posted a manual on the Lokprogrammer on the Loksound yahoo site that goes a long way to correcting the short comings of the english translation of the ESU Lokprogrammer manual.

yahoo Loksound group link (click).

Offline tommycox  
#6 Posted : 03 March 2015 16:44:59(UTC)
tommycox

United States   
Whoops, I've created the wrong impression. I agree Matt Herman has been great. Helpful, responsive, and a good asset for ESU. Thank you Matt!
No, my question could only be answered to my satisfaction by a senior product engineer at ESU Germany. Here's the question: Why would ESU announce in the year 2012 that item 51965 would be available that year and then not produce it, even after three years had passed? A related question: Why keep announcing every quarter that it would become available the next quarter - for three years? Disclaimer: I like ESU. They make great products. If they tell me it's none of my business what they do, no hard feelings. But I just think it seems counterproductive to lead customers to expect a product, yet never create it. My $.02

Regards,
Tom Cox
Offline biedmatt  
#7 Posted : 03 March 2015 17:08:21(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
Offline tommycox  
#8 Posted : 03 March 2015 17:50:54(UTC)
tommycox

United States   
Forget to mention something critical: Several ESU dealer websites show 51965 as "Not available". As well as ESU's own website.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#9 Posted : 03 March 2015 18:07:14(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: tommycox Go to Quoted Post
Whoops, I've created the wrong impression. I agree Matt Herman has been great. Helpful, responsive, and a good asset for ESU. Thank you Matt!
No, my question could only be answered to my satisfaction by a senior product engineer at ESU Germany. Here's the question: Why would ESU announce in the year 2012 that item 51965 would be available that year and then not produce it, even after three years had passed? A related question: Why keep announcing every quarter that it would become available the next quarter - for three years? Disclaimer: I like ESU. They make great products. If they tell me it's none of my business what they do, no hard feelings. But I just think it seems counterproductive to lead customers to expect a product, yet never create it. My $.02

Regards,
Tom Cox

Matt Herman has answered a similar question on the Loksound list about this same item on the 19th Feb. I've quoted his reply to that query below ...

******* start quote
Hi *******, (and everyone else waiting on this)
I’ve checked with our main office and found that April will be realistic. It is in production, and we have working samples in our office in Germany.

They are coming!....Finally!

Matt Herman
General Manager
ESU LLC
************ end quote

Offline Goofy  
#10 Posted : 03 March 2015 19:36:36(UTC)
Goofy

You can also visit ESU homepage and visit forum.
There is members from all the world and there is english language.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline tommycox  
#11 Posted : 04 March 2015 14:50:34(UTC)
tommycox

United States   
Thanks to all the folks who have pointed out to me that it's simply the nature of this industry that announced products may have a very long development time. It is not just ESU that does this. Now I know to just chill out and wait. It'll get here when it gets here - whatever it is!
Regards,
Tom
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by tommycox