Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PhillipL  
#1 Posted : 28 February 2015 14:07:43(UTC)
PhillipL

United States   
I have been an model railroader since 1985. Up to this time, I have centered my hobby on analog DC trains from Roco and Piko. After being a member of this forum and reading the various topics I became interested in Marklin. I decided to purchase a small starter set from Marklin to run with my granddaughter. I have pre-ordered "My Start" set 29173 from the dealer I use. I noticed that the set comes with a wireless infrared controller. Although the set will not be coming out until the summer, can anyone tell me if I will have to program the locomotive or will I just be able to setup everyone and just start running it? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 28 February 2015 15:54:29(UTC)
H0

Hi!
The loco comes with an address that is supported by the IR controller. Just select the correct number on the four-position switch on the controller.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline PhillipL  
#3 Posted : 01 March 2015 12:58:02(UTC)
PhillipL

United States   
Thank you for the information!