Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline db ice3  
#1 Posted : 16 February 2015 16:50:05(UTC)
db ice3

hello everyone,

adding to my very small collection of mearklin items, can anyone tell me about the set 26834 Walhalla set?

it says it is mfx fitted - what does that mean in this particular set?

many thanks once again to everyone who has helped me so far, and kind regards to all.
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#2 Posted : 16 February 2015 17:48:32(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Hi DB ICE3,

The fact that mfx is fitted in this Glaskasten only means the loco automatically registers with the controller (Mobile Station, Central Station or ECOS). I am afraid that's all in this case. And in fact, it is all mfx does, it does not say anything about additional functionality.

Kind regards,
Sander
---
Era I(b): K.Bay.Sts.B. and K.W.St.E.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Sander van Wijk
Offline db ice3  
#3 Posted : 16 February 2015 21:49:18(UTC)
db ice3

Originally Posted by: Sander van Wijk Go to Quoted Post
Hi DB ICE3,

The fact that mfx is fitted in this Glaskasten only means the loco automatically registers with the controller (Mobile Station, Central Station or ECOS). I am afraid that's all in this case. And in fact, it is all mfx does, it does not say anything about additional functionality.

Kind regards,

hi there and many thanks for replying!

im happy that it can register itself to my central station! - thats already to me very clever!

i just love the little tiny green loco - its very cute and has been added to my future projects - id very much like to fit if possible a sound decoder to it ( and lights if it doesnt have any ) and lighting to the passenger cars too - a nice soflt yellow glow in keeping with the era!.

thankyou once again for taking the time to respond.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 16 February 2015 22:48:26(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: db ice3 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sander van Wijk Go to Quoted Post
Hi DB ICE3,

Kind regards,

hi there and many thanks for replying!

im happy that it can register itself to my central station! - thats already to me very clever!

i just love the little tiny green loco - its very cute and has been added to my future projects - id very much like to fit if possible a sound decoder to it ( and lights if it doesnt have any ) and lighting to the passenger cars too - a nice soflt yellow glow in keeping with the era!.

thankyou once again for taking the time to respond.

I think you will find it has lights on the loco, the very first versions had lights, but in keeping with what they would have been like on the prototype, they are not very bright. The coaches may also have lights and could be fed from the loco, as were the coaches that were provided for the original Glaskasten model.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline ROBMODEL  
#5 Posted : 17 February 2015 11:13:33(UTC)
ROBMODEL

Netherlands   

Hi DB ICE,
I have the set and can confirm the loco has two lights which change with the direction it is going. The loco automatically registers with the controller, in my cas a CS2. I donot think it is possible to fit sound in the loco due to its size. Regards Rob
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ROBMODEL
Offline db ice3  
#6 Posted : 17 February 2015 11:28:16(UTC)
db ice3

Originally Posted by: ROBMODEL Go to Quoted Post

Hi DB ICE,
I have the set and can confirm the loco has two lights which change with the direction it is going. The loco automatically registers with the controller, in my cas a CS2. I donot think it is possible to fit sound in the loco due to its size. Regards Rob

hi robmodel,

thats great to know it has lights! - thankyou for letting me know! - im excited to get this little train - now i have a white and a green glaskasten!

someone on youtube has fitted a loksound micro sound decoder to his roco glaskasten ( and i did a little bit of digging around and it seems roco made a dcc 2 rail version with sound - but not a 3 rail unfort - or i would have bought that! )

heres the youtube glaskasten roco.glaskasten with sound!
Offline db ice3  
#7 Posted : 17 February 2015 11:37:21(UTC)
db ice3

and roco i see offer the dcc 2 rail version already sound equipped! - is there a conversion kit allowing this to run on the marklin digital system - im sure it could be done - but an easy to fit conversion kit would make this model very appealing to me!

277 uk pounds including 3 coaches.

roco glaskasten with sound from factory
Offline ROBMODEL  
#8 Posted : 17 February 2015 12:14:37(UTC)
ROBMODEL

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: db ice3 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ROBMODEL Go to Quoted Post

Hi DB ICE,

hi robmodel,

thats great to know it has lights! - thankyou for letting me know! - im excited to get this little train - now i have a white and a green glaskasten!

someone on youtube has fitted a loksound micro sound decoder to his roco glaskasten ( and i did a little bit of digging around and it seems roco made a dcc 2 rail version with sound - but not a 3 rail unfort - or i would have bought that! )

heres the youtube glaskasten roco.glaskasten with sound!

Thxs, I was not aware of the Roco glaskasten. Rob
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ROBMODEL