Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline erdy10  
#1 Posted : 10 February 2015 04:02:30(UTC)
erdy10

Australia   
Thank you for welcoming into the forum, however I have a few questions, I have inherited a Märklin HO model train set. This set appears to be about 60 years old (early to mid 1960's), the train is in relative good condition, there are 5 locomotives a lot of track (I haven't measured the length at this stage but I will), signals and a few carriages, My main question is how do I get spare parts for it as we are missing a few couplings, 1 skid and a few light globes.
If anyone could help me with this I would be most appreciative. I really don't know what to do with this train as I do not have the space for it, so any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks to everyone
David
Offline Token  
#2 Posted : 10 February 2015 07:40:53(UTC)
Token

Australia   
Hi David,

I'm not sure about where the best advice in Queensland is (I think that might be a question for Kimball) but if you are after parts, you might try to contact the guys at Traintrader in Pymble (Sydney).

http://www.traintrader.com.au/

Last I looked, they had an extensive range of bits from the period you describe and they probably have the same models.

Perhaps if you took a photo of some of it and uploaded to a post on this site, some of our friends may also be able to help.

Regards,

Michael.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Token
Offline erdy10  
#3 Posted : 10 February 2015 08:50:01(UTC)
erdy10

Australia   
Thank you Michael, I will post some photos of the equipment that needs spares and hope that some one will have something. I will also check the train trader.com.au and see what's there.
Offline cookee_nz  
#4 Posted : 10 February 2015 09:40:22(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Welcome to the forum David, you could also try someone a little closer - Trains 'n Toys are in QLD.

http://www.trainsntoys.com.au/

They used to run a shop but from their website it appears they closed that down and I do not know what has happened to Noel who I use to deal with there, he was always very helpful. Mind you, that was just over 10 years ago but I have done internet trading much more recently without any problems.

From their website...

If you wish to contact us from interstate or overseas please use any of the following avenues:

Phone:
617 3350 4411
Email: ntnt98@bigpond.com

Our postal address is:
PO Box 3053,
Chermside West
Queensland 4032

At all times we can be contacted on 3350 4411.

We are now operating on mail (including the currently preferred mode of emails) order basis. However should you like to visit us you are welcome.

Our stocks are amply laid out for viewing. Please contact us prior to visiting.

A cuppa is usually provided on request - just ask Brucie and Rod!
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline PJMärklin  
#5 Posted : 10 February 2015 10:25:16(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post

I do not know what has happened to Noel who I use to deal with there, he was always very helpful.

Noel was there 2 days ago

PJ
Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 10 February 2015 14:08:00(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: erdy10 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for welcoming into the forum, however I have a few questions, I have inherited a Märklin HO model train set. This set appears to be about 60 years old (early to mid 1960's), the train is in relative good condition, there are 5 locomotives a lot of track (I haven't measured the length at this stage but I will), signals and a few carriages, My main question is how do I get spare parts for it as we are missing a few couplings, 1 skid and a few light globes.
If anyone could help me with this I would be most appreciative. I really don't know what to do with this train as I do not have the space for it, so any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks to everyone
David

Not sure where in QLD that is, but a friend of mine lives and works in Bundaberg, and has Marklin. He has a dealer, I think in Brisbane, the guys name is Nathan, but I don't know his company name.

can find out if needed.

Offline Tom Jessop  
#7 Posted : 10 February 2015 21:59:50(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

Nathans Trains & Toys is a company name , Noel L is the owner operator in Brisbane & works from Home . No commercial shop at present . The guys at Train Trader in Sydney have a commercial presence at Pymble on the Pacific Highway right at the rail station , They also have a very comprehensive stock of mainly "M" from deceased estates & clearance sales . They also have most parts available .

Tom in Oz.

Offline kiwiAlan  
#8 Posted : 10 February 2015 22:36:48(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Tom Jessop Go to Quoted Post

Nathans Trains & Toys is a company name , Noel L is the owner operator in Brisbane & works from Home . No commercial shop at present . The guys at Train Trader in Sydney have a commercial presence at Pymble on the Pacific Highway right at the rail station , They also have a very comprehensive stock of mainly "M" from deceased estates & clearance sales . They also have most parts available .

Tom in Oz.

Ah, OK Tom, I stand corrected. It is a little while since I was talking with my friend about his trains.

Thanks