Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline rbonet  
#1 Posted : 06 February 2015 13:15:57(UTC)
rbonet

Spain   
I’ve some 74490 motors that arrived to me without their cables. I’m exploring different ways to get them.

After some Googling I discovered that the Märklin reference for the wiring harness, as they call it, is E521760. The recommended Märklin retail Price is 6.00€.

This item can be found in eBay, from different providers. The added problem is the shipping cost, usually in the same order of magnitude as the item itself.

Next is the DIY solution. I visited an electronic components shop but they were not able to identify the connector.

Could anybody give some advice on this subject?

Rafael
Collecting Era I, II & III, mainly German, French & Spanish RR, some USA
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 06 February 2015 13:28:03(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
You could try soldering directly onto the appropriate places on the printed circuit board. It should be only three cables needed.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline rbonet  
#3 Posted : 07 February 2015 07:54:17(UTC)
rbonet

Spain   
Ray, I admit that soldering cables is a solution, but I'm looking for a connector solution, thank you anyway!!
Rafael
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 07 February 2015 15:02:48(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: rbonet Go to Quoted Post
I’ve some 74490 motors that arrived to me without their cables. I’m exploring different ways to get them.

After some Googling I discovered that the Märklin reference for the wiring harness, as they call it, is E521760. The recommended Märklin retail Price is 6.00€.

This item can be found in eBay, from different providers. The added problem is the shipping cost, usually in the same order of magnitude as the item itself.

Next is the DIY solution. I visited an electronic components shop but they were not able to identify the connector.

Could anybody give some advice on this subject?

Rafael

The connector is made by JST. I don't have the particular model number handy sorry, but will try and research it later today.

Offline Janne75  
#5 Posted : 07 February 2015 15:32:30(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi Rafael,

I have 13 of these wiring harness E521760 and I don´t have use for them as I have installed turnout decoders in my turnouts. It must be very cheap to post a letter inside of EU. Make me an offer and I can send them to you. Please contact me by PM if you are interested.

Regards,
Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline rbonet  
#6 Posted : 09 February 2015 13:45:54(UTC)
rbonet

Spain   
Hi Alan,
After exploring for a while the online catalogue of JST, I conclude that the conector I'm looking for is the ZH connector, 1.5 mm pitch, disconnectable, crimp style. The reference for the housing is ZHR-3. These are the good news. The bad news: it is sold by thousands, as it is intended for automatic manipulation. This precludes the DIY way.

Hi Janne,
So, the next solution is to obtain some of these wire harnesses from any coleague, as you suggested. Let me see if I can get them locally and if not successfull I'll send you a PM with an offer.

Regards,
Rafael
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rbonet
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 09 February 2015 16:53:18(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: rbonet Go to Quoted Post
Hi Alan,
After exploring for a while the online catalogue of JST, I conclude that the conector I'm looking for is the ZH connector, 1.5 mm pitch, disconnectable, crimp style. The reference for the housing is ZHR-3. These are the good news. The bad news: it is sold by thousands, as it is intended for automatic manipulation. This precludes the DIY way.

Hi Janne,
So, the next solution is to obtain some of these wire harnesses from any coleague, as you suggested. Let me see if I can get them locally and if not successfull I'll send you a PM with an offer.

Regards,
Rafael

That sounds like a familiar part number. If you get really stuck and can't get some cables off someone look up the local JST distributor in your country and see if you can get a dozen free samples.
Offline linepro  
#8 Posted : 02 March 2015 00:15:00(UTC)
linepro

They are indeed JST ZH plugs.

You can easily get some made up leads sent from Hong Kong in the eBay RC listings for very little:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/it...ires-Cables/230865243731

£3.49 for 10.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by linepro