Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline frans  
#1 Posted : 28 January 2015 13:09:52(UTC)
frans

Do some one know when this book will be available, thaxBigGrin
fc
Offline PMPeter  
#2 Posted : 28 January 2015 17:33:52(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Can you please expand the question and explain what manual you are referring to? If it is for the new 60215 manual in languages other than German, I too would like to know.

Peter
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 28 January 2015 17:39:59(UTC)
H0

The 03081 "Getting Started in Märklin Digital" Book is announced for Q4/2015.
Note: "German text only."
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline sjlauritsen  
#4 Posted : 28 January 2015 20:56:14(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post

Better late than never, I guess. Perhaps New Items 2016... BigGrin

I am looking forward to this book.
Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 10 December 2015 23:21:50(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Note: "German text only."
Some dealers have it in stock.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline baggio  
#6 Posted : 11 December 2015 04:19:03(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
But, I don't speak/read/understand German! Scared
Offline siroljuk  
#7 Posted : 11 December 2015 08:14:09(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello Everyone,

Modellbahnshop-Lippe send me yesterday e-mail and told that my book reservation is there now. I don´t know when they have more books, but my book is coming to FinlandThumpUp ThumpUp .

A huge work will start after I get this book. I try to translate most important things in English so that I can do my resent writings of CS2 route-automatization in my posts to the end.

I wish Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2016 to all of You
and of course
Happy Training

Regards
Jukka
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline Goofy  
#8 Posted : 11 December 2015 12:02:26(UTC)
Goofy

It's really sad in no english language. Perhaps it present as new 2016?
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline steventrain  
#9 Posted : 11 December 2015 15:22:34(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
German Only? No thanks!
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline petestra  
#10 Posted : 11 December 2015 15:36:02(UTC)
petestra

United States   
I agree, guys. I speak German but Märklin's key languages are German, Dutch, French and English and it should be in these languages too, along

with Spanish and Italian too. Peter Confused
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by petestra
Offline Thomas-H  
#11 Posted : 11 December 2015 16:48:56(UTC)
Thomas-H

Finland   
I don't understand why they insist on having the book and all of the useful information in german only. How many people there are in Germany that don't understand English? I bet not so many. It's strange that a company that's so global publishes so little in english. I'm having difficulty finding any 1st party information in english at all, except for maybe some catalogues and the Magazin (which sadly is about half the size of the german edition).
A Collector of Analog Märklin
- Focus on the 1957-1969 blue picture box era
- Locos: 3000/3100-series, 800-series, Primex & Hobby line
- Rolling Stock: 4000/4500/4600-series, Primex & Hobby line
--> Check out my Database for 24cm Tin-Plate Coaches
--> New Helsinki Metro - A modular subway/metro layout in H0 scale
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Thomas-H
Offline H0  
#12 Posted : 11 December 2015 17:41:05(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Thomas-H Go to Quoted Post
How many people there are in Germany that don't understand English?
How many Germans participate in this forum? How many Germans participate in Stummi's Forum?

I think they should make at least four languages, but German surely is the most important language for a Märklin book.
Many Germans wouldn't buy that book if English was the only language available.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline steventrain  
#13 Posted : 11 December 2015 18:44:04(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
The front cover is different from the database library image.

The new front cover was station area with bridge over platform at back.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline oranda  
#14 Posted : 17 December 2015 17:01:36(UTC)
oranda

United Kingdom   
Why didn't they just make it an e-book which could lend itself to multiple translations. Books are great but as we all know reference books quickly go out of date and are rarely updated.

I'd like to see Märklin get into the 21st century and set up a e-subscription/club of technical references which we could all buy into and support. Over time it would probably cost the same as a printed book, but for Märklin it would be a doddle to edit and revise.

Oh well I'll probably buy the German version or wait for a bad/poor translation of it appear on the shelves of the Märklin web site.

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by oranda
Offline Dr. Honeydew  
#15 Posted : 18 December 2015 00:15:22(UTC)
Dr. Honeydew

United States   
Originally Posted by: oranda Go to Quoted Post
Why didn't they just make it an e-book which could lend itself to multiple translations. Books are great but as we all know reference books quickly go out of date and are rarely updated.

I'd like to see Märklin get into the 21st century and set up a e-subscription/club of technical references which we could all buy into and support. Over time it would probably cost the same as a printed book, but for Märklin it would be a doddle to edit and revise.

Oh well I'll probably buy the German version or wait for a bad/poor translation of it appear on the shelves of the Märklin web site.

I happened to be in Paris this week and stopped at Au Pullman, a fairly well-known Marklin dealer. They had a few of the books on the counter as they just came in. They didn't know of any plans to release the book in English or French. I am enjoying getting started with Marklin but surprised at the lack of reference materials!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Dr. Honeydew
Offline Goofy  
#16 Posted : 18 December 2015 09:33:31(UTC)
Goofy

Correct!
With e-book you can buy and download to yours computer in mostly language.
H0
Offline siroljuk  
#17 Posted : 19 December 2015 17:27:37(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
UserPostedImage

I got my Book yesterday. And now I start to translate it.
As far as I can understand German language, this book seems to be quite good.

I will inform you late more.

Happy Training

Jukka
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline sjlauritsen  
#18 Posted : 19 December 2015 19:25:10(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: siroljuk Go to Quoted Post
I got my Book yesterday. And now I start to translate it.

I know I'm being Capt. Obvious, but just in case: Remember that the text is copyrighted.

Btw. The layout on the front page looks familiar. Those of you who were in Göppingen to visit the Märklin Museum this summer, will probably recognize it on the photos you took there. Smile

Søren from Denmark
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
Offline clapcott  
#19 Posted : 19 December 2015 20:51:25(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
At http://www.maerklin.de/d...ournal/maerklin-digital/ there is a statement ...

Im Download-Bereich finden Sie weitere Elemente der im Digitalbuch vorgestellten Anlagen-Projekte sowie verschiedene Anschlussdetails (z. B. für Gleisbox und Schiebebühne) zum Herunterladen.

"In the download section you will find additional elements of the featured book in digital systems projects and various connection details (z. B. for Track Box and traverser) to download."

I had found this a while back (2 weeks?) , but now the link referenced ( http://www.maerklin.de/d...rklin-digital/downloads/ ) appears to be dead.
This is probably just as well, as some of the information I saw there was WAY out of date AND inacurate.

Peter
Offline Webmaster  
#20 Posted : 19 December 2015 21:17:37(UTC)
Webmaster

It's (finally) on its way here too...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline siroljuk  
#21 Posted : 20 December 2015 07:50:16(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello,
I know that book is copyrighted. Translation is for me and information from the book can be used in my own writings.Confused
If translation is not too heavy, I will ask from Märklin permission to use pictures in my writings.

Book covers are also protected, I hope that they don't take me to court because of this violation.Scared Scared
The name Frank Mayer is familiar to me, does anyone know his e-mail address, I would like to write him and ask few questions.

Happy Training

Regards

Jukka
Offline sjlauritsen  
#22 Posted : 20 December 2015 09:24:11(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Hey Jukka

I was not trying to be rude, but what will surely happen is that people will ask you for your translation of the book and they will give it to their friends and so on. My point was: do not give it away. The last thing you want is your translation floating the internet.

With regards to Frank, simply write your questions to Märklin Service and address them to Frank, I am sure he will answer.
Søren from Denmark
Offline siroljuk  
#23 Posted : 20 December 2015 10:02:39(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hi,
I know you don't want to be rude.BigGrin
My target is to translate the book for myself so that I can understand What can be done and How to do different things. 'm sure that my translations are such that not everybody understand what I'm saying. I'm not good in German and not good in English.

But I'm crazy to make automated stuff and today in particular, Märklin devices. This forum is greatThumpUp ThumpUp , you can learn lots of things from here. I have seen though, that many of our members like to know more but language barrier is there.
So If I can help in any ways, I feel good. I know that one must be careful what to publish even in this forum. Smile

Regards

Jukka
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline oranda  
#24 Posted : 21 December 2015 18:52:27(UTC)
oranda

United Kingdom   
I believe Copyright in the UK permits 10% of any document to be reproduced. At least that was how described to UK teachers when using a photocopier. If I recall correctly, a school was caught photocopying music scripts in their entirety for a school concert. The school was prosecuted by the copyright holder they were fined a considerable sum for the time, and thereafter the Department for Education issued the above guidance.

On that basis - carefully selected passages (approximately 20 pages for this publication) could be quoted here should a translation of clarification be needed -

over to your legal department ....
Offline H0  
#25 Posted : 21 December 2015 19:06:34(UTC)
H0

On that basis - carefully selected passages (approximately 20 pages for this publication) could be quoted here should a translation of clarification be needed -
The person who posts copyrighted material can be sued based on the laws of the place where they live.
Our Webmaster can be sued based on Swedish laws if posts on the forum infringe copyrights.

The rules for photocopying can be different from the rules for digital reproduction and/or translation.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline kiwiAlan  
#26 Posted : 21 December 2015 22:39:43(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
I believe Copyright in the UK permits 10% of any document to be reproduced. At least that was how described to UK teachers when using a photocopier. If I recall correctly, a school was caught photocopying music scripts in their entirety for a school concert. The school was prosecuted by the copyright holder they were fined a considerable sum for the time, and thereafter the Department for Education issued the above guidance.

over to your legal department ....

10% would probably be on the high side. It is certainly not the guidance at the academic institution where I work.

Offline siroljuk  
#27 Posted : 22 December 2015 07:45:58(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello,
I have sent an e-mail to Märklin service at the day before yesterday. BigGrin I must wait until I get answer from them before I publish anything from the book.

Still I can write my own text and publish here.ThumpUp
I have red the book through and for beginners there is much valuable information and pictures. Very good tables how to handle addresses of decoders and devices.

Happy Training

Regards

Jukka
Offline sjlauritsen  
#28 Posted : 22 December 2015 16:58:14(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
I have started reading the book. The book is - for the most part - a collection of the articles published in Märklin Magazin over the last couple of seasons. This means that majority of the contents of the book is available in your Märklin Magazin collection - should you have one. This also means that if you subscribe to Märklin Magazin in English, you will already have a fair amount of the book available to you in English.

E.g. the section about signals is the same as the one in the English Märklin Magazin 06/15.

There are of course new content (also sections for 2-rail use with Trix, LGB and Gauge 1). General advise on how to set up wiring, an explanation of the Märklin colour codes and so on. There is a service section with look up tables for decoder addresses and so on.

Some of the articles are available in German from the Märklin Magazin website. E.g. the sections on m83 and m84.

I consider the book a nice collection of already published stuff - with the addition of some new stuff to bind all the articles together. The book is in the format of Märklin Magazin, with a back somewhere between hard back and paperback. It is worth the cost no matter if you already have articles in Märklin Magazin, if not to learn something new, then for the convenience of being able to pick the book up - instead of having to search your collection of Märklin Magazines for the right issue.
Søren from Denmark
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
Offline siroljuk  
#29 Posted : 22 December 2015 17:32:25(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello,
I agree what Soren writes, but the information is between the covers of the same book. This fact helps one to find much more easily a lot of good information about Märklin Digital environment. What you can do and . . . simple things also how to do.

There is also text about what Märklin had in their minds. Step by step guides are missing.

I have to say that I expected more. More examples how to use CS2 Layout planning, more examples cooperation between PC and CS2, what one can do and what one should avoid. Better text about how to program decoders with their new tools and so on.

Perhaps some more detailed information about routes, the basic principles of shunting.

Well at the same time. . . this is the first collectionThumpUp.

This is "Einstieg" Entry to Märklin Digital and book is suitable for at least beginners.Wink

The more experimented Märklin Digital user can do their testing and implementations and tell the rest of us forum members, what they have done and How they did it. With texts and pictures ( here I really hope, that Märklin will give me and us permission to use pictureas and text-clips from this book. BigGrin BigGrin
Merry Christmas to all of You

Regards Jukka

Ps. Happy Training
Offline Mark5  
#30 Posted : 22 December 2015 19:02:22(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
The whole irony of copyright law in the art world is one of reaction.
Copyright laws have become increasingly stringent and consumers copy more than ever.

As far as the application of the law, along with issues of "fair use"
....lending books, music, films etc or giving a single copy to a friend without monetary gain,
would not for all practical purposes be punishable by law.

That said the laws vary from country to country, and an internet without borders makes that even more complex.
One has to balance the reasonablity of the sharing with one's ethics which unfortunately is not tempered by social class.
In another words, asking Märklin may end up with a "no" when it would be within your legal and moral limits to use it.

- Mark

DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
Offline kiwiAlan  
#31 Posted : 22 December 2015 22:54:16(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Mark5 Go to Quoted Post

That said the laws vary from country to country,

Yes, but most countries are signatories to the international copyright agreement, which gives common protection across all signatories.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Mark5  
#32 Posted : 23 December 2015 06:26:42(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
This is getting a bit OT, however, if you will allow it.
I think most copyright is overbearing and perpetual copyright is stultifying to public creativity.
That something like "Happy Birthday to You" is not in the public domain and has "perpetual copyright" is outrageous.
I am thinking about is extension of copyright life varying from country to country.
https://en.wikipedia.org...s'_copyright_lengths
and
https://en.wikipedia.org...right_Term_Extension_Act

That said, if someone produces a translation of a document, while there is still no translated document available, and shares that translated document with a few friends, who may or may not have a paid original themselves, the service of doing the translation, whether paid to the translator or given freely, should not be prohibited. The problem lies more in the making such documents publicly available for download. It may be wiser to be on good terms with the original author, and for the sake of conscience to get permission.

My argument is essentially, if one member does the translation, there is no reason the each person should struggle through the German text if the job is already done.
In the long run, imho, it is a benefit to Märklin to have more informed and appreciative hobbyists.

- Mark

Offline H0  
#33 Posted : 23 December 2015 07:42:28(UTC)
H0

[...] and shares that translated document with a few friends, who may or may not have a paid original themselves [...]
German copyright allows this in many cases.
But "a few" is typically considered to be "up to seven". Sharing a PDF and the forum would go beyond that.

Back to topic: now that I know that I can expect a compilation of Märklin Magazin articles, I no longer have interest in that book.

I think it would be good if Märklin would offer comprehensive PDF manuals for free.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#34 Posted : 23 December 2015 09:47:07(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Even if the book is a compilation of MM articles, I'd still buy it if there was an English version. However, as Tom points out this information should be freely available given the amount of money people have paid for their CS2's in the first place. Doing so would encourage more folks to buy the CS2.

Maybe an English might come later on - there have been English versions of previous Digital books, so we will have one if Marklin sticks to previous form.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Online xxup  
#35 Posted : 23 December 2015 11:23:04(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
There is a guy the ESU forum, who translates eCOs and MC2 manuals and posts them on the ESU forum. (WOW! A manufacturer with their own forum - what a novel idea!) ESU seems fully supportive of his efforts. His early translation of the MC2 manual was the key factor in my decision to buy one.

I do accept that a product manual is slightly different to a book that you have to buy, but then if the manual was really well written then, perhaps, you might not need a separate book? RollEyes
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by xxup
H0Mark5
Offline H0  
#36 Posted : 23 December 2015 12:13:22(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
WOW! A manufacturer with their own forum - what a novel idea!
Märklin had their own forum, but closed it many years ago. It was for Insiders only, of course.
Märklin also had their own Marketplace. They almost strangled eBay to death, but then they closed it.
Märklin also had their own web radio.
They still have their own web TV.

Sorry for going off topic.

A manual comes free with the item. Companies don't sell it separately and should welcome translations to other languages.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline kiwiAlan  
#37 Posted : 23 December 2015 12:29:36(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
This is getting a bit OT, however, if you will allow it.
I think most copyright is overbearing and perpetual copyright is stultifying to public creativity.
That something like "Happy Birthday to You" is not in the public domain and has "perpetual copyright" is outrageous.

Actually, following a court case over the last year the words to 'Happy Birthday' are now classed as in the public domain, you just have to be careful about the music, which is still under copyright.

That said, if someone produces a translation of a document, while there is still no translated document available, and shares that translated document with a few friends, who may or may not have a paid original themselves, the service of doing the translation, whether paid to the translator or given freely, should not be prohibited. The problem lies more in the making such documents publicly available for download. It may be wiser to be on good terms with the original author, and for the sake of conscience to get permission.

My argument is essentially, if one member does the translation, there is no reason the each person should struggle through the German text if the job is already done.
In the long run, imho, it is a benefit to Märklin to have more informed and appreciative hobbyists.

- Mark

I have done a translation of the original eCos interface document that was in German only. The resulting document i produced had a front page which specifically pointed out that it was a translation of a document that is copyright of ESU. It was published in files areas of a couple of Yahoo Groups and I believe was used as the source document for those who developed the eCos code for the JMRI program suite.

Offline kiwiAlan  
#38 Posted : 23 December 2015 12:32:41(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Even if the book is a compilation of MM articles, I'd still buy it if there was an English version. However, as Tom points out this information should be freely available given the amount of money people have paid for their CS2's in the first place. Doing so would encourage more folks to buy the CS2.

Maybe an English might come later on - there have been English versions of previous Digital books, so we will have one if Marklin sticks to previous form.

As it is apparently a compilation of MM articles I'll be very surprised if there is not an English translation available soon - along with all the other languages that the MM is translated into.

And I would be another person to buy the book in English, despite having the articles in the MM in my library. As pointed out earlier in the thread, it puts all the information in one place, and is more easily accessible when needed.

Offline Mark5  
#39 Posted : 23 December 2015 21:23:55(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
Just to re-iterate Tom's suggestion.
PDFs of Manuals should all be online from Märklin for free, as most other companies do.
And it would seem prudent if their Catalog was available for free online as well.... I can't imagine that my $20 Canadian for the catalog covers much of the printing cost; if any profit from selling the catalogs is lost to those who would prefer the PDF, I'd guess it would be minimal and compensate by increase in interest and sales. I'd still buy the print version, because I like looking through them.

As for Märklin magazines, I am late to the game, so I only have a smattering of a few of them. I am under the understanding that the English version of the Magazine is thinner and has less content then the German version, I did not see the insider subscription as good value for me. Do others find it worth being in "the club"

- Mark
Offline sjlauritsen  
#40 Posted : 26 December 2015 08:34:25(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
I am under the understanding that the English version of the Magazine is thinner and has less content then the German version, I did not see the insider subscription as good value for me. Do others find it worth being in "the club"

It is true that the English Märklin Magazin is thinner, but I would not say that I am missing out on much. I am often in Germany, and I some times buy the German Märklin Magazin for comparison with the English one I receive at home. It is my understanding, that most of the articles (digital tips, prototype articles etc.) always make it into the English version. Often one or two issues later than the German counterpart. But they will get there eventually. It does not mean much to me if they are a bit late, as long as they are there.

The majority of the "extra pages" is "filler" information about when German clubs have their meetings, new accessory products at the train store (Faller, Kibri etc.) and so on, this is irrelevant to me as I do not live in Germany. With regards to the new products from Faller, Kibri etc., since they are only mentioned and not reviewed, I can get this information elsewhere. At the time the magazine arrives, this is old news anyway.

The only article series that I truly miss in the English version is the Märklin Freunde Bericthen (Märklin Friends) series. This is where you get a peek into someone's train room and have a look at a private layout of an enthusiast. I really like these series, I would much rather have, that they translated those instead of some of the track plan articles. Perhaps a mix, if cost and concept is an issue. Getting to see what "real" people create with the products at home, to me at least, is often worth the entire cost of the magazine.

Märklin Magazin is available in (at least): English, Dutch and French. If it meant a more comprehensive English version, Märklin could cut the Dutch and French versions. (Sorry Dutch and French readers)

I pay around ~7 euros (~$7.5) per month for the subscription to the Trix Club. I think it gives me great value (6x Märklin Magazin, 6x Trix News, 2x annual dvd, Club Wagon, new items brochures at your doorstep, "free" catalogue). I have also used the Club Card on several occasions when visiting museums and exhibitions around Europe (not relevant for everybody, I know).
Søren from Denmark
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
Offline Goofy  
#41 Posted : 26 December 2015 08:50:26(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: sjlauritsen Go to Quoted Post
I have started reading the book. The book is - for the most part - a collection of the articles published in Märklin Magazin over the last couple of seasons. This means that majority of the contents of the book is available in your Märklin Magazin collection - should you have one. This also means that if you subscribe to Märklin Magazin in English, you will already have a fair amount of the book available to you in English.

E.g. the section about signals is the same as the one in the English Märklin Magazin 06/15.

There are of course new content (also sections for 2-rail use with Trix, LGB and Gauge 1). General advise on how to set up wiring, an explanation of the Märklin colour codes and so on. There is a service section with look up tables for decoder addresses and so on.

Some of the articles are available in German from the Märklin Magazin website. E.g. the sections on m83 and m84.

I consider the book a nice collection of already published stuff - with the addition of some new stuff to bind all the articles together. The book is in the format of Märklin Magazin, with a back somewhere between hard back and paperback. It is worth the cost no matter if you already have articles in Märklin Magazin, if not to learn something new, then for the convenience of being able to pick the book up - instead of having to search your collection of Märklin Magazines for the right issue.

I told you!
In another topic we did discuss about the digital book and i did wrote,that it will been copy from the MM(Märklin Magazine).

ThumbDown
H0
Offline sjlauritsen  
#42 Posted : 26 December 2015 11:02:47(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
ThumbDown

You did, but I don't get why this is a bad thing?

If the articles in MM provides the information needed, then what more do you want from a book? What more is there to say, if the other materials explains it well? Should they've written entirely new texts explaining the exact same stuff?

This is no different when other publishers publish materials or collections of articles. Model Railroader does it all the time with their books. They are collections of articles from the past years.
Søren from Denmark
Offline Goofy  
#43 Posted : 26 December 2015 13:38:28(UTC)
Goofy

ThumbDown

If the articles in MM provides the information needed, then what more do you want from a book? What more is there to say, if the other materials explains it well? Should they've written entirely new texts explaining the exact same stuff?

This is no different when other publishers publish materials or collections of articles. Model Railroader does it all the time with their books. They are collections of articles from the past years.

There is difference!
Last time did Märklin also produced an digital book,but only in german language.
Märklin do present difference language in every locomotives manual,so even does with the CS2.
The question is,if Märklin will present digital book in severals language too...
If not... ThumbDown

H0
Offline kiwiAlan  
#44 Posted : 26 December 2015 13:51:36(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
ThumbDown

There is difference!
Last time did Märklin also produced an digital book,but only in german language.
Märklin do present difference language in every locomotives manual,so even does with the CS2.
The question is,if Märklin will present digital book in severals language too...
If not... ThumbDown

Which book are you referring to Confused Confused Confused

The only digital books produced by Marklin previously that I am aware of are 0303 and 0308, and I have English versions of both.

The 0308 book is very hard to find in English as they only ever did one print run in English.

The is also a special edition of the Marklin Magazine featuring digital, and it also had an English print run.