Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Marius in Africa  
#1 Posted : 24 January 2015 17:37:33(UTC)
Marius in Africa

South Africa   
Not so sure about the "new" part, you be the judge.

http://www.modellbahnen-...ut/download/ESU_Loks.pdf

Regards
Marius in Africa

HO, ECoS 2, Märklin C-track, any country, any design, any era & any brand which i like.
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Marius in Africa
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#2 Posted : 26 January 2015 12:24:39(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
I like the new Esu locos, but the E94 has a much to high mounted handles.

Here, in comparison the Esu DRG E94 035 and the Märklin DRG E94 004:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Compare with model pictures, the handle on the Esu E94 is more like a pasture fence!

Here another model picture http://www.deutsches-krokodil.de/Galerie-JH-11.jpg

Moritz
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Moritz-BR365
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#3 Posted : 26 January 2015 13:21:41(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Hi all,

Interesting! ESU is moving into the steamer realm now as well with the BR 94 (and its variants, including the Prussian T16.1). I will be curious to learn how compatible this new model will be with Märklin rails, as the wheel flages will be made very low to allow for the wheels to be positioned prototypically closely to one another. Either way, it looks like ESU is for sure not done producing new locomotives...

I will definitely follow the progress closely and look forward to seeing the real thing.
Sander
---
Era I(b): K.Bay.Sts.B. and K.W.St.E.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Sander van Wijk
Offline mbarreto  
#4 Posted : 26 January 2015 17:56:37(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: Sander van Wijk Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

Interesting! ESU is moving into the steamer realm now as well with the BR 94 (and its variants, including the Prussian T16.1). I will be curious to learn how compatible this new model will be with Märklin rails, as the wheel flages will be made very low to allow for the wheels to be positioned prototypically closely to one another. Either way, it looks like ESU is for sure not done producing new locomotives...

I will definitely follow the progress closely and look forward to seeing the real thing.

Hi Sander,

Totally agree. I need to see the new BR94 steamer. By what I understod in the translation seems the smoke is synchronized with wheels: something interesting. I also hope they are robust, I mean more like Märklin than like Brawa.
In case they are robust and run well, as the detail we can see inthe photo seems superb, Ihope the price will not be crazy high (something probable...).

Off topic: I ordered the G5/5 to play alongside a Gt 2x4/4 you know well among others ;)

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 26 January 2015 18:06:07(UTC)
H0

Hi, Moritz!
Originally Posted by: Moritz-BR365 Go to Quoted Post
I hope this is just a problem of the "handmade sample".
The first pictures of the BR 151 showed pantographs and brake hoses mounted the wrong way around. The series models didn't have these flaws.
If in doubt, don't pre-order it.

The Märklin model has moulded handrails, not separately applied ones - no reference for a new mould.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline NZMarklinist  
#6 Posted : 27 January 2015 09:35:07(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, Moritz!
The first pictures of the BR 151 showed pantographs and brake hoses mounted the wrong way around. The series models didn't have these flaws.
If in doubt, don't pre-order it.

The Märklin model has moulded handrails, not separately applied ones - no reference for a new mould.

I just had a look at my 39221, and it's Cab door handrails are definitely separately applied ThumpUp

However the hood ones are indeed moulded but rather them, than an over done Stock Fence Huh

Also one should consider that M's E94/194 are very old tooling, but those of us that have the new E93 can be quite happy with the handrail treatment on them ThumpUp They are separately applied and nicely done to scale it appears Wink Smile

(Somebody please show photo)

Because I love my V200's tho, I do think it would be nice to have an ESU one with all the Bells, whistles and SMOKE Woot Scared
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline mbarreto  
#7 Posted : 27 January 2015 18:43:28(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

The idea of having locomotives that are 2 and 3 rail capable with both mfx (or even better mfx+ although it is not a must) and DCC with Railcom+ is very good and imho M should go in that direction.

The wheels dimensions are usually different for 2 and 3 rails, but we see that DC wheels of TRIX, Roco and Fleischmann work ok in K and C track (even in the latest M track I had no issues). With some old (20 years old) Liliput DC wheels I had to shorten the distance between the 2 wheels in the same axle for have no problems in M track.
There are already some ESU locos that are capable of running in the 2 and 3 rail systems, but I don't know if all these models run ok in the 3 rails.

I am also curious to see how the steam synchronization will work in the BR94/T16.1 and also if it is robust. My guess is it will robust and work good considering the already existing diesel ESUs (I just saw them work great and didn't hear any complain, but I don't have one).
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#8 Posted : 28 January 2015 09:27:33(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, Moritz!

Yes, Esu told in meentime, that this will be fixed for the series. It was a fault in prototype assembly!.

Moritz
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Moritz-BR365
H0xxup
Offline Goofy  
#9 Posted : 01 February 2015 09:25:25(UTC)
Goofy

Yep...an excellent new Preussen steam locomotive with synchron puffing smoke!! ThumpUp
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Goofy  
#10 Posted : 10 March 2015 19:42:33(UTC)
Goofy

ESU new german crocodile E94 will have two klockankar motor with flywheel.
4 traction tyres
Full metal

So you think this will do have high pulling tractive power?
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline NZMarklinist  
#11 Posted : 11 March 2015 07:26:20(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
ESU new german crocodile E94 will have two klockankar motor with flywheel.
4 traction tyres
Full metal

So you think this will do have high pulling tractive power?

Well it should be almost as good as the old M E94 with 4 traction tyres on one three axle truck.
My C Sine M39221 & 3 are excellent pullers. Wink ThumpUp

I haven't tested my E93 with a heavy consist as yet
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Online river6109  
#12 Posted : 11 March 2015 07:29:46(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sander van Wijk Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

Hi Sander,

Totally agree. I need to see the new BR94 steamer. By what I understod in the translation seems the smoke is synchronized with wheels: something interesting. I also hope they are robust, I mean more like Märklin than like Brawa.
In case they are robust and run well, as the detail we can see inthe photo seems superb, Ihope the price will not be crazy high (something probable...).

Off topic: I ordered the G5/5 to play alongside a Gt 2x4/4 you know well among others ;)

Recommended retail price Euro 529.00 for the T16.1, and Euro 429.00 for the E94/194
Recommended retail price for the Nohab Gauge 1 = Euro 1599.00

http://www.esu.eu/en/pro...oco-nohab-my-in-gauge-1/
John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode