Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Drongo  
#1 Posted : 24 January 2015 09:21:49(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Hi everyone,

I have both Viessmann turnout out motors - 4554 & 4558 - and I need to swap the operation, i.e. when I press the straight on the CS2 the turnout moves to the curve direction and vice versa. The instruction manual says to check if CV 36 is programmed correctly, or check the wiring.

Can someone please explain how to do this in very simple English - after all, I'm just a Drongo.
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline Drongo  
#2 Posted : 25 January 2015 12:16:27(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
I've done it !!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL

It was really hot today and when the temperature got to 37', I sat down with a really cold beer and studied the manual. I realise that the manual is originally in German and the English translation is not as good as if written by an English only person - but at least Viessmann have tried to assist us English speaking people. After reading the same section 3 or 4 times, I came to realise that the solution to my problem was in the wiring diagram. As there is no direct instructions regarding the diagram, it needed a keen eye to see the subtle differences in the images. And then it hit me - I told you I was a Drongo with wiring diagrams and I needed time for it to sink in. BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

When one does the programming of the decoder, the blue wire with the red tab is the key to reversing the direction of the turnout. Therefore, this wire is either connected to the brown ground or to the blue wire with the green tab and yellow wire. That's it. If someone from Viessmann reads this perhaps they could include it into their manual at the next printing.
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Drongo
Offline Brakeman  
#3 Posted : 15 November 2017 08:01:12(UTC)
Brakeman

United States   
Thanks Greg for the tip,

I needed to change the direction also for two 4554 motors, but didn't succeed. Used a ECoS for programming.
The Viessmann web site has updated instructions available describing the direction swap too, but for some reason they operate only one way for me. Could the hardware been changed over the time? Mine is new old stock, packaged in 2009. http://www.viessmann-modell.com/shop/media/pdf/english/4554_92560_05_DE-EN_web.pdf

Finally rotated the motors 180 degree. Has anyone else had the same trouble?
Thanks, Juha