Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rinus  
#1 Posted : 18 January 2015 17:02:44(UTC)
Rinus

After many many months of waiting and a few more ... I got a call that 3 of my ordered LS Models Eurofirma coaches arrived!

They did it again. Every time they go one step further. Fantastic.

ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp Razz Razz Razz Razz Woot Woot Woot Woot Smile Smile Smile

Here they are ...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Looking forward to the other 3 I ordered. Drool Drool

Regards,

Rinus

thanks 10 users liked this useful post by Rinus
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 19 January 2015 02:29:37(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Can you post a close-up of the end of the coach, specifically the end of the roof? It seems that the roof may have one or two slight design errors. I don't recall any of the Eurofima coaches that I have seen having a curved dividing line between roof and coach body. I also remember the roofs having a dividing line between the ends over the doors and the section with longitudinal bands.
http://www.railfaneurope...mz_61_81_19-71_012-6.jpg
http://www.railfaneurope...isc/SBB_Am%2BApm_RF1.jpg
http://www.railfaneurope...-83-21-90_000o070_03.jpg
http://www.railfaneurope...6/A/orange/I6_A_Lux4.jpg

Compared to the ACME model where the shape of the coach body between the bogies and the side doors was blatantly inaccurate and the WC windows seemed too wide, the LSM model seems to be more accurate.
Here are some photos of the ACME model with the better roof reproduction (end and top):
http://www.reisezugwagen.../ACME_50631_A_Seite2.jpg
http://www.reisezugwagen...ds/ACME_50631_Detail.jpg
In the second photo, you can see the side panel with the incorrect slant to the body between the bogie and the door.
Here is a link to an earlier post when the models were first announced:
https://www.marklin-user...ls--1-87.aspx#post448001
Here is a link to a post in the German DSO forum with photos:
http://www.drehscheibe-o...6421,7227985#msg-7227985
and the Roco and Ade versions:
http://www.drehscheibe-o...6421,7228324#msg-7228324

I am looking forward to receiving my SBB, FS and OBB coaches. The DB Avmz207 is scheduled to come as part of the Rheingold and Tiziano Sets.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline Rinus  
#3 Posted : 19 January 2015 22:59:16(UTC)
Rinus

Got as close as I could get in the evening. Hope it is what you are looking for.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Rinus
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Rinus
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 14 February 2015 01:42:15(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Rinus,

after almost a month since my last visit to my US office, I finally picked up my first batch of LSM Eurofima coaches, consisting of three OBB coaches in the red/black "Valousek" livery and a pair of FS coaches in orange with the Inclined logo (Inclinato).

The first thing that I noticed is that the buffers do not protrude to the end of the gangway baffles. The second thing that I noticed is that I was having problems coupling two coaches together. I am not yet sure if it is a spacing or an alignment issue. I have had no problems with Maerklin 7203 on other LSM coaches, so that was my first try. My second option will be the Roco Universal Coupler (40397). I will update once I do some testing.

I am still waiting for my assorted SBB coaches, the FS coaches with the old logo and the orange OBB coaches from other dealers.

OBB Models:

Tonight, I placed the new OBB Eurofima coaches alongside some of my RailTop EC coaches. First thing that I noticed is that the red band above the windows is thinner on the LSM models than it is on the RailTop ones. I cross checked with the Roco coaches and they match the RailTop models in this regard. I only have ACME models in the Upgrading livery, so I could not compare those models as well. The red of the LSM coaches seems to be closer to the "Blutorange" (blood orange) of the late 1980s rather than to the "Verkehrsrot" (traffic red) of the 1990s. The colour is a pretty good match for the earliest Roco Eurofima in the Valousek colours and a little brighter in shade than most of the RailTop coaches and the later Roco ones.

I have not yet decided how I will fit these new coaches into my collection. They are the same coach types as the Roco ones, so I won't run them together. I may use them in combination with the Roco Modular coach type and one or two of the RailTop models. I may also decide to use these coaches in combination with my Liliput, RailTop and LSM OBB night coaches.

FS Models:

I had the chance to place the LSM FS coaches next to my ACME baggage coach in the same livery. (See photos below)
I was pleased to find that the orange colour matches and that the colour of the stripe is similar. There is a little difference in the shade of the skirting and the roof. The ACME coach has a lighter shade of grey (after all , there are 50 shades of grey). The ACME baggage will go with the older logo FS coaches in my recreation of the IC "Barbarossa" while the more modern FS coaches will have their own consist and be used to complement other consists.

FS and SBB models:

I did also place the coaches alongside the Bpm coach from the LSM SBB 47235 Set and noted that the Swiss coaches have a pure white stripe while the FS coaches have a slight grey tinge to them. (See last photo)
I wonder if the SBB Eurofima will match the other Eurofimas or will match the assorted SBB coaches (Bpm, Restaurant and Bm) in the same livery.

Regards

Mike C

Edited by user 15 February 2015 20:38:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mike c attached the following image(s):
LSM 47453 - ACME 50521.jpg
LSM Az - ACME Dz.jpg
LSM-ACME FS.jpg
ACME FS - LSM SBB.jpg
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 15 February 2015 20:54:35(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I added photos to my last post. I will be posting more Eurofima photos in the next few days (LSM, Roco, ACME, etc)

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline mike c  
#6 Posted : 16 February 2015 20:37:38(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Here are a few more comparison shots of details of the LS Models (LSM), ACME, and Roco Eurofima coaches:

The first photo shows the LSM FS Eurofima on the left and the ACME SBB model on the right
- Note the differences in the roof over the doors, the doors themselves, the footboard under the door, the size of the washroom window.
- The LSM coach has a dividing line in the roof (semi-circular) that separates roof from the coach body. I could not find any examples of this on any photos of the real coaches. The same flawed feature also appears on the LSM SBB Bpm (47235)
- The other major difference between the models is the shape of the bottom edge of the coach body between the door and the bogie

The next photo shows the LSM coach next to the Roco model from the 1980s
- There are small differences in the size of the doors, the adjacent (WC) window. Both models have accurate representation of the side panels between door and bogies and footboard.
- The rain gutter over the door is a little more prominent on the Roco model

The third photo shows the Roco coach (L) and the ACME coach ®
- You can clearly see the differences in the door, window sizes and footboard again.

The fourth photo shows the ACME (L) and the LSM ®

- This is the opposite of the first photo, so no additional comments are needed

The fifth photo shows the LSM coach (L) and the ACME one (R) at an angle

The last photo (the actual coaches) was taken from a website. I would normally just have posted a link, but I could not recall the address that it came from.

Overall, each model has some details that are better than the others. The LSM coaches are indeed very nice and I look forward to having more in my collection.
I am a little concerned about the fact that the LSM Eurofimas in orange have a different colour stripe than do my other Swiss coaches in the same livery. As far as I had observed, those coaches all had the exact same livery. I have some Roco coaches with the greyish stripe and others with a white stripe. The ACME coaches have a white stripe, so they may look visually better next to my LSM or Heris coaches in the same livery.

One detail that I was trying to judge is the appearance of the coach body (other than the slanted cut adjacent to the bogies). The Roco and ACME models have more pronounced details than the LSM model. I am not certain which one I like better.

The major flaws are as follows:

LSM: The dividing line along the edge of the roof at the coach ends (see last two photos in post #3 by Rinus) does not exist on the real coach
ACME: The slanted cut along the lower edge of the coach body and the oversized window (WC) next to the door are more typical of the post-Eurofima UIC-Z coaches of the FS and are not prototypical for the Eurofima coach
Roco: The dimension of the window adjacent to the door is a little narrow and should be a little closer to the door. All told, for a model dating from the 1980s, it still is a very nice model.

The actual coach has a dividing line on the roof above the inner side of the door (at the end of the section with stripes) and also another one between the outer end of the door and the end of the coach. I think that ACME has the best rendition of the roof with the stripes but all of the companies seem to have missed the other dividing line.

I guess that the determination of which model is the best remains in the eye of the beholder. I will post a more complete comparison with multiple photos once I have received my SBB coaches from LSM and can present the same exact coach from all three companies and I can add some photos of the ADE kit of the same coach too.

Regards

Mike C
Eurofima LSM - ACME.jpg
Eurofima LSM - Roco.jpg
Eurofima Roco - ACME.jpg
Eurofima ACME - LSM.jpg
Eurofima LSM - ACME 2.jpg
FS Eurofimawagen.jpg
Offline Rinus  
#7 Posted : 16 February 2015 21:25:22(UTC)
Rinus

Will pick up 3 red grey OBB Eurofirma coaches this weekend and post some picks. Drool

However regarding the diving line at the coaches end, its not realy noticable to me. I'll picture it with a measuring staff.

Also, have you seen the interior? quite nice.
Offline mike c  
#8 Posted : 17 February 2015 07:14:10(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Here are some photos of the Valousek (Traffic red/black) livery OBB Eurofimas as well as a photo of the LSM coaches next to a RailTop Amz.

The first photo shows the LSM Bmoz and Amoz coaches (L to R)

The second photo are the same coaches from an angle

The third and fourth photos show the interior details (Curtains) inside the compartments

The fifth photo shows the LSM Amoz alongside a RailTop Amz (L to R). Not the slight difference in the dimension of the red stripe above the windows. This RT coach has the closest colour match to the LSM coaches. The remaining RT models in my collection are slightly darker.

I also have some Roco Eurofimas in the same livery. One of the older ones has the blood red/black variant of the livery and is close to the LSM colours. The other ones have a slightly darker traffic red colour but still lighter than the RailTop ones. I do not have any of the ACME coaches in this livery.

Regards

Mike C
LSM OBB Eurofima.jpg
LSM OBB Bmoz - Amoz.jpg
LSM OBB Amoz Curtains.jpg
LSM OBB Curtains.jpg
LSM Amoz - RailTop Amz.jpg
Offline mike c  
#9 Posted : 18 February 2015 19:56:31(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Having had the time to examine all of the LSM Eurofima coaches that I have received to date, I have determined that the chassis of the coaches is perhaps 1mm too short. If you look through the doors of the coach, you can see a slight gap at either end between the base of the chassis and the end wall of the shell. I also determined that the coaches coupling would benefit from that extra mm, as the coach is problematic when used with Maerklin 7203 couplers. Fortunately the model does have coupling shafts with two positions, but in this case one is too close and the other is longer than optimal in spacing. I have swapped the couplers for the Roco Universal coupler which seems to work better, but this is unusual for LSM although I have seen this on other Modern Gala products (ACME, RailTop, Heris).

Regards

Mike C
Offline mike c  
#10 Posted : 08 March 2015 19:10:00(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
In preparation for the arrival of my 1970s OBB Eurofima coaches (like the ones that Rinus has), I went through my collection and dug out my Roco 44662 WRmz. I compared the colour of the white stripe with my LSM FS Eurofimas and I am pretty sure that this coach will match the OBB ones to complete a 1970/1980s version of the "Transalpin" between Vienna and Basel.
The second batch of FS coaches have arrived at my US address. I am still waiting for my SBB models to arrive Stateside.

Regards

Mike C
LSM Bmoz - Roco WRmz.jpg
Offline mike c  
#11 Posted : 05 May 2015 19:10:19(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I added a photo of the Roco 44662 Wrmz coach next to my LSM OBB Eurofimas. The "white" stripe is a little wider, but it is not very noticeable. I think that this coach has found a new home.

Regards

Mike C
Roco WRmz - LSM Amoz.jpg
Offline mike c  
#12 Posted : 14 May 2015 02:00:53(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I finally received my 47300 and 47301 SBB Eurofima coaches. They are very impressive and each coach has slight differences in the interior detail (curtains, etc).
The only negative that I can find is that the stripe is off-white, which is not the same as the bright white colour of the stripe on the restaurant and Bpm coaches (47235) or the Bm coaches (47207/47220) which are supposed to be identical. I'll have to take away 5 points from LSM for this continuity mistake.

Regards

Mike C