Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline David Shawki  
#1 Posted : 14 January 2015 11:41:35(UTC)
David Shawki

United Kingdom   
Dear All
First time on this site, so hello to everyone.
I have recently purchased the above TEE Electric Powered Rail Car but it is not in the database of my mobile station (60653).
Is there any way of updating the database without adding memory cards ?
Kind Regards
David
Offline hennabm  
#2 Posted : 14 January 2015 13:16:58(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Hi David

As digital is beyond me I can't help with your query but welcome to the web site anywayThumpUp ThumpUp

Please take a look at the Marklin Club UK threads and hopefully you may be able to join us at some point for one of our meetings in the UK.BigGrin BigGrin

regards
Mike
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
Offline RayF  
#3 Posted : 14 January 2015 14:04:48(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi David,

What is the Marklin catalogue number for your TEE railcar train? Is it a recent model?

If the model is more recent than the software version of your Mobile station the only way to include it is to have your software updated. This can only be done by connecting it to a Central station which itself can be updated via the internet. It can also be update from another Mobile station if it is connected as a slave.

Most recent high end models are MFX, so should not need to be registered from the MS database
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 14 January 2015 14:05:27(UTC)
H0

Hi, David,
Welcome to the forum.
Originally Posted by: David Shawki Go to Quoted Post
I have recently purchased the above TEE Electric Powered Rail Car but it is not in the database of my mobile station (60653).
A ref. number would help. Which TEE have you bought?
Locos with mfx are never in the database as they register automatically.

Knowing the address you can register the loco manually (if it is not mfx).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 14 January 2015 21:32:19(UTC)
H0

I assume the train is from Märklin. My guess is the RAe. And AFAIR the RAe all had mfx.
For non-mfx locos, there also is a Detect Loco function in the Mobile Station (make sure there is only the rail car on the track if you try this).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline mike c  
#6 Posted : 28 January 2015 05:06:53(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Can you please provide the model number of the model in question? Check the manual for the train. It should give you the MM (Motorola) address and the mfx address for the trainset. The Motorola address was 51 and the mfx address for the MS/MS2/CS/CS2 was "RAE 1051 SBB". Even if it is not physically in the database, the MS2 should still be able to detect, read and register the train. Make sure that you have one of the 11 available slots open, preferably one of the 10 spots on the handset screen. Then select "new locomotive" and "Erkennen" or recognize.
This is one of my least preferred features of the MS2. I miss the direct access that the 6021 used to offer.

Regards

Mike C

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c