Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline baggio  
#1 Posted : 10 January 2015 21:17:18(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Hello Everyone:

My MS1 appears to allow on occasion one or two locos to get going without my doing anything while other trains are running.

Also, should the lights of any locos go on at start up without mu doing anything? I would think not, but it does happen.

Are these problems I should expect with the Ms1 and/or the MS2?

Thank you.
Offline Joseph Meiring  
#2 Posted : 10 January 2015 21:42:19(UTC)
Joseph Meiring

South Africa   
loco lights do come on at start up on my MS2....however, as soon as the loco moves the lights go off...it depends whether lights were left "on" at shut down.
I've never experienced other locos to "get going" on their own tho....strange....
Joe
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Joseph Meiring
Offline Dimi194  
#3 Posted : 11 January 2015 08:52:10(UTC)
Dimi194

Australia   
Originally Posted by: baggio Go to Quoted Post
Hello Everyone:

My MS1 appears to allow on occasion one or two locos to get going without my doing anything while other trains are running.

Also, should the lights of any locos go on at start up without mu doing anything? I would think not, but it does happen.

Are these problems I should expect with the Ms1 and/or the MS2?

Thank you.

Never had them start moving once the other locos are in use, but if I switch off the power without stopping the loks they sometimes resumed their setting before I switched off the power immediately after the power returned until I took active control of them, and then they stop.
Author of the gritty sci-fi novel 'Stories of Earth: WWIII' (featuring an awesome train chase)
Avid YouTuber (XtremeTrainz and TrainzXtreme) and train person!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Dimi194
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 11 January 2015 10:01:28(UTC)
H0

Hi!

Some the of the programmable fx decoders are defective: if the loco was without power for a long time, it will start moving as soon as it gets power until it gets a stop command from the controller.
Workaround: select the loco on the controller before activating track power.
Cure: send the loco to repair.

The loco should remember the last speed step setting. If you take it off the track or turn power off while it is still running, it should run again with the same setting if the power comes back - even days later.
This is not a bug, this is a feature.

Stop all locos and wait a few seconds before shutting down. Stop a loco and wait a few seconds before taking a loco off the track.
Defective decoders are very rare. Incorrect treatment is more likely.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline RayF  
#5 Posted : 11 January 2015 10:20:40(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I find some locos always come back to life with their lights on, irrespective of whether I had switched them off or not when I last shut down the MS2. When I power up my layout I always check the locos for this, and if any locos have the lights on I select it and switch the lights off manually. This usually entails swithing them to "on" and then back to "off".

I have only ever had one loco start moving on power up, and this was a brand new loco straight out of the box. My guess is that the dealer tested it before sending it to me but never set the speed to zero before taking it off the layout.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline baggio  
#6 Posted : 11 January 2015 15:17:04(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Thank you all for your suggestions. I will definitely make sure that all loco speed is back at ZERO before I end a session.

This is a real concern for me because once out of the blue I found the 30000 running on my "highway" and was able to stop it in time. Another time the loco did hit a passing train.

Perhaps it is time to take it back to the dealer. I bought it a little over one month ago and it has given me lots of problems since then ...Mad

Have a good Sunday everybody.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by baggio
Offline Mark5  
#7 Posted : 12 January 2015 07:24:46(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
Let us know what develops, Baggio. Lights come on even with the 6021. Never heard of trains moving, unless I didn't notice a that I fat-fingered a number on the keypad.
- Mark

Originally Posted by: baggio Go to Quoted Post

[...] Another time the loco did hit a passing train.

Perhaps it is time to take it back to the dealer. I bought it a little over one month ago and it has given me lots of problems since then ...Mad

DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mark5
Offline Angus  
#8 Posted : 12 January 2015 08:17:02(UTC)
Angus

South Africa   
With the loco's randomly moving, I had this problem the other day when I was fiddling with loco addresses. I was changing the address of my Delta BR24 (36240), 78 to 24 and happened to have another loco Br01.2 (3310 - converted to digital - address 78) on the same track, yes silly I know. After this the BR01.2 did not run but when selecting the BR24 on the MS2 the BR01.2 ran but not the BR24.

Fixed by putting the individual loco's on separate track & resetting their addresses.

Not sure if you have any loco's with the same addresses that this could be happening with.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Angus
Offline NZMarklinist  
#9 Posted : 13 January 2015 15:48:57(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
I used an MS1, a lot before getting my CS1, and never had those problems , but also obtained a 6021, Except for MFX, is it not a rule of programming, that only the Lok to be programmed (EG FX decoder) should be on the track whilst programming is taking place and yes, as Tom mentioned, most FX decoder Loks will continue to do what they were doing before a power cut (removal from track)

MFX ones occasionally do too, it is not uncommon to get a new MFX lok that after registering, seemimgly was obviously powered when removed from the track prior to packing; in reverse, tail lights on, throttle on a little bit and a few functions. Usually a press of a function button (eg FO, lights) will cancel all this. (eg my 37870 E93)
Only MFX Loks can be programmed on the track with other loks, a feature I really like about MFX ThumpUp (And we're talking Marklin here don't bore me with what can and can't be done with DCC)

I've also had new MFX race off at speed after registering, a few hits of the stop button usually fixes this scenario caused I guess by being removed from the track still powered on after the analogue test which all new Loks are "supposed" to get, haven't struck this one for a few years Huh
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by NZMarklinist