Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ice 1  
#1 Posted : 07 January 2015 11:01:20(UTC)
ice 1

Hi
I would just like to know is it possible to run Fleischmann D/C Double deck Coaches on A/C Track they dont have interior lighting or anything one end tail Car may have directional lighting but i can live without that or may put in an A/C lighting unit at some stage the problem would be running power between the coaches dont want to leave coaches on the shelf Ebay may be a solution thats hassle to.
Was going to include a D/C Track on my planned layout but feel D/C track gets dirty to easy for me and then comes all the problems with that.
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 07 January 2015 11:30:26(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Most DC stock will run on AC track, but be aware that the wheels are slightly different shape and you might or might not get derailments on turnouts. Most manufacturers make alternative AC wheels for their wagons and coaches and you can get these for a couple of euros per axle.

Look on the Fleischmann website or consult a dealer if there's one in your area.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 07 January 2015 11:37:23(UTC)
H0

Hi!
In my experience Fleischmann DC wheel sets run well on Märklin C track (all my Fleischmann rolling stock still has the original wheel sets).
I'm not sure if Märklin close couplers will work with them. At least they work with some Fleischmann coaches. Just remember to look for the couplers if the first coach behind the loco derails in curves.
See also:
Close couplers for H0 models
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline ice 1  
#4 Posted : 07 January 2015 11:41:52(UTC)
ice 1

Thanks
Ive got 3 red double deck coaches and 3 SBB Blue that includes one end car in each colour.
Offline ice 1  
#5 Posted : 07 January 2015 12:20:07(UTC)
ice 1

I have the Hag RE450 Set 31-011-31 i want to keep that unused well the loco that comes with it and the coaches but i might swap the body on the end drive car with one of my D/C sbb blue end cars and use that HAG Set end car on my layout so lights and all will work then.The A/C wheels appear a small bit wider on the Fleischmann HAG set than my D/C coaches
Offline eduard71  
#6 Posted : 07 January 2015 14:47:35(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Hi,
I have a lot of Fleischmann coaches in my collection, they run perfectly well in K and C tracks. I also have a lot of double Decker coaches including the control cab ones. From the DB I have them in red and blue control cabs cars. I also have the HAG Re 450 which uses Fleischmann coaches. All of them come with a led board to control the lights in DC, the control car of the Re 450 has a different system that works in AC DC or digital.
Fleischmann used to produce pick up shoes for AC usage part #1457, some dealers still have them. With this pick up shoe I have been able to fit a small DCC decoder inside the control car, in this way I can control the lights in a push pull consist, and with the help of current conductor couplers and led strips all cars are control from the cab one.
Wheels are not a problem, but if you what a better ground connection you can exchange the wheels of the Control cab ones for AC ones.

Regards

Eduardo

Offline ice 1  
#7 Posted : 07 January 2015 15:12:33(UTC)
ice 1

Thanks
I have 3 red D/C double deck coaches in a start set the end car has directional lights in D/C format and 3 SBB Blue Double deck coaches end Car has lights to and i have a driving end car ref 5620 that has directional lights i thought all i would need to do was stick on a pick up shoe on them end cars and away i go in A/C Didnt think decoders were needed.