Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rocca  
#1 Posted : 15 December 2014 20:23:03(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Hi, my dear Märklin friend,

I need some advices for a Z turnout motor which isn't swithing properly. If I switch it by hand when it stops working properly, it starts switching again, but it kept too being very hot because I pressed the button of the control box. I wouldn't like to take off all the tracks, because they are fixed on the table. Have you any suggestion for the fixing it on its place?
Thanks in advance

Stefano Rocca
Offline hgk  
#2 Posted : 16 December 2014 05:18:43(UTC)
hgk

Hi Stefano,
There are two solenoids for each turnout one moves it one way and the other moves it opposite.
The solenoids for the turnout should only be powered momentarily, not continuous. When you say that it tries to move back when you move it manually indicates that one of the solenoids is being power continuously.
The turnout pushbutton switches made by marklin are designed to provide a momentary connection to the turnout as the button is being pushed. The buttons should be pushed firmly so it doesn't stop halfway. It sounds like you have a bad pushbutton switch or incorrect wiring to the turnout. You can try another marklin pushbutton switch to see if it's in the switch or the wiring.
Also the reason it gets hot is because the solenoid is always energized, which is bad for the life of the solenoid so you should not leave it connected beyond testing.
Best wishes,
George
Offline Rocca  
#3 Posted : 20 December 2014 10:21:34(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Hello, George,

Thanks a lot for the advices...!! I've changed to sockcets of the control Box and it works much better, even if sometimes it still crashes, but it is really much better. Anyway with different turnouts the same sockets not working properly with this one in troubles switch them perfectly.

Have a nice day
Stefano Rocca

Originally Posted by: hgk Go to Quoted Post
Hi Stefano,
There are two solenoids for each turnout one moves it one way and the other moves it opposite.
The solenoids for the turnout should only be powered momentarily, not continuous. When you say that it tries to move back when you move it manually indicates that one of the solenoids is being power continuously.
The turnout pushbutton switches made by marklin are designed to provide a momentary connection to the turnout as the button is being pushed. The buttons should be pushed firmly so it doesn't stop halfway. It sounds like you have a bad pushbutton switch or incorrect wiring to the turnout. You can try another marklin pushbutton switch to see if it's in the switch or the wiring.
Also the reason it gets hot is because the solenoid is always energized, which is bad for the life of the solenoid so you should not leave it connected beyond testing.
Best wishes,
George