Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline AlekseyV  
#1 Posted : 14 December 2014 16:43:38(UTC)
AlekseyV

Russian Federation   
Good day, dear Members of the forum.

My son and I very much hope for Your help. We having problems with the Central station 2 - station does not start.

Central Station 60215
Serial Number: 25877
Hardware Version: 5.1
Software Version: 3.7.0(7)
Version: 2.43
(GPL) U-Boot 1.2.0-CST2-1.0(Aug 20 2010 - 07:59:10)
(GPL) Linux 2.6.23.8-maerklin Wd May 13:38:local time zone must

The station I bought with the set 29640 in January 2013. Later, I have successfully updated the software to version 3.7
After the update I checked the work station with models: 37870, 37166, 39008. Everything worked perfectly.
After the regular times of use of the CS2 as I always turned off the station using the menu: Shutdown.
Three months later, I saw on the Maerklin-site announcing the release of an updated software version to 3.8 and decided to update the software.
I connected the station to the computer network, the Internet, turned ON and began to expect, when the station loaded, watching the screen.
But the station was never loaded. The boot process started as always with the slowly flashing of a large STOP-button.
Further, the flashing continued with acceleration, and further, the flashing stopped,
and on the background of the splash screen in the upper left corner of the screen appeared the sign of the cursor (like on the computer screen in console mode).
Then, after some time, the cycle of flashing the STOP-button was repeated and the cursor down one row. And so on.
I am attaching the screenshot: ScreenShot_w_cursor.png, which shows the cursor position after some time.
I decided to leave the station in this condition for a few hours, but the situation has not changed. And I tried to analyze what was happening.
I was convinced that the station receives an IP address via DHCP, and the built-in WEB-server (Maerklin CS2 Tools) successfully starts.
It means the operating system is still started and the problem may be in the starting settings of the application or in the application itself.
I looked at the tab - Change-log - into CS2-WebTools and saw the notice:
... momentan nur im Betatest: GUI Version 3.8.x (ab August 2014 im Betatest) ... screenshot: Change-log.png
Question 1: does the same message on the firmware 3.7? (Previously I did not use service CS2-Web-Tools)
Since the station has not loaded I couldn't to start the standard procedure update of software.
Now I don't understand the reasons by which the station can't loaded. I spoke to her gently.
Failure evidently software.

Please tell me how do I repair station? What should I do? Confused
Is it possible to connect to the station via SSH?

Send station in the service center is very difficult and will take a lot of time.
Besides, soon the NewYear-holidays and my son is very upset that we will not be able in the NewYear-holidays to re-build our railway.

I have uploaded the files with a description of the problem:
- screenshots of the screens Web-Tools
- list of files Maerklin_CS2_60215_Fail_to_start.txt,

Also, I have prepared a video that I filmed the boot process.
The videos are available at:
https://yadi.sk/i/JEn4Y2VCdMgji (156MB) - size 640x480pxl
https://yadi.sk/i/VN31GSjadMgjk (639MB) - the same video but in Full HD

Archive with all photos are available here:
https://yadi.sk/d/p7KVsSCwdMgmA (1.4MB)

If someone faced the same problem tell me how to solve the problem?
I would be very grateful for any help...

Best regards,
Aleksey V.
AlekseyV attached the following image(s):
ScreenShot_w_cursor.png
Change-log.png
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by AlekseyV
Offline Webmaster  
#2 Posted : 14 December 2014 19:14:08(UTC)
Webmaster

Does it start if it is not connected to the tracks?
I ask this in case there is a shortcircuit somewhere on the tracks.
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline AlekseyV  
#3 Posted : 14 December 2014 20:03:28(UTC)
AlekseyV

Russian Federation   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
Does it start if it is not connected to the tracks?
I ask this in case there is a shortcircuit somewhere on the tracks.

The station does not start when not connected to the tracks.
Offline AlekseyV  
#4 Posted : 21 March 2015 22:35:31(UTC)
AlekseyV

Russian Federation   
Cool

Good day, dear Members of the forum.
I want to report a how ended my story with the repair of the Central Station 2 (station doesn't boot).
I hope my positive experience will help You make the right decision and save time on solving the problem with Your Marklin-equipment.
Highlights and details...
On the 14th of December 2014 I wrote a letter on official address of the Maerklin-service (an address I got from the site maerklin.de).
After a week without a response from Maerklin-service, I sent another letter from another mail server (gmail.com).
In parallel with these events, I attempted to contact representatives of Marklin in Russia. Since I made the purchase on ebay local representatives said that they would not be able to help me (and the issue of cost was not even discussed).
Also I started looking for a way to solve the problem on the forums: and in Russia and in this forum. To my regret, I came to the conclusion that there is only one possible solution - repair is possible only in Germany.
And on the 30th of January I received a response from the service center Marklin with possible options to solve the problem:
- will go to the local representatives of the company Marklin in Russia
- to send the item for repair in one of the service centers, including in Goppingen.
I wrote a lookup about the required documents for the repair and cost of repair.
2 January 2015-the year I was told about the required documents, which confirm the date and place of purchase and confirmed the warranty (cost free if warranty seal are able).
The 3rd of January I sent a parcel (from Moscow-region) to Germany and the 9th of January it was received in the service center.
29th January I sent a letter with a request to clarify the status of the repair and the 4th of February, I received a reply with incoming registration number for my request on repair.
On March 10, I decided to clarify the status of the repair and 12th of March I received the reply that the repair is completed and my station is ready for sending. I noticed that in the document which was sent to me from the service, my address is written with a small error and hastened to clarify my address again.
18th March 2015 I decided to check the shipment status and has requested a postal tracking number. The next day I got answer from Service with the tracking number from which it followed that my station was sent on 25 February and now the parcel is already in Russia and most likely at our local post office. March 20th I went to the local post office, where i found my parcel. A receipt of my parcel the postman could not deliver to my post-box, because the address was written with a small error - without number of my flat - just as it was written in the documents service center :-)
As a result:
- for all emails (with a few exceptions), which I sent to the service center, I got answers from Service;
- all my requests for repair were fulfilled (there was a separate requests: for replacing the buttons with the incorrect picture + updated software);
- the repair was carried cost free.

I am sincerely grateful to everyone who responded to my problem and to all the staff of the service center Maerklin in Goeppingen.

In turn then plan to add to my collection novelties from catalog of Maerklin 2015.
Particularly attracted to the models "Orient-Express", BR18.5 and "Lessing" BigGrin
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by AlekseyV