Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline nevw  
#1 Posted : 07 December 2014 02:30:31(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Having heaps of a problem on changing the language from German to English.

So would like a Button by button, blow by blow process to do this. lost count of getting the English selection surrounded by black, pressed the BIG Round Button ( throttle) and it still stays in German.

HELP Scream

Nev

Edited by user 10 December 2014 22:42:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by nevw
Offline xxup  
#2 Posted : 07 December 2014 03:25:19(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
You need the MS2 for seniors edition.. LOL

If you have a look on the forum you will see that Tom (H0) has already done a guide, complete with pictures, just for you.. Tom tells me that all money will be gratefully accepted by his wallet.. LOL

Here is the link.. https://www.marklin-users.net/forum/yaf_postst17822_Marklin-Mobile-Station-2--60653---TRIX-66950.aspx
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline nevw  
#3 Posted : 07 December 2014 03:31:39(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
ANd here I thought that you had snaffled the lot.
Flapper LOL

Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
You need the MS2 for seniors edition.. LOL

If you have a look on the forum you will see that Tom (H0) has already done a guide, complete with pictures, just for you.. Tom tells me that all money will be gratefully accepted by his wallet.. LOL

Here is the link.. https://www.marklin-users.net/forum/yaf_postst17822_Marklin-Mobile-Station-2--60653---TRIX-66950.aspx

NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline nevw  
#4 Posted : 07 December 2014 03:50:38(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Still no luck, there is a vital step on how to select english and how to save it.

Crying

Nev.

Another Question:
Will the MS2 recognise Selectrix???

I do not think it does.
nn
Offline xxup  
#5 Posted : 07 December 2014 04:21:22(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Is Sprache a clue? See picture #2.. You might have missed the options (Optionen) menu item? RollEyes

Then you select English.. See picture #3..

Perhaps you need the video entitled, "MS2 for Seniors"... It is recorded at high speed and played back at normal speed.. LOL
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 07 December 2014 09:46:34(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: nevw Go to Quoted Post
Will the MS2 recognise Selectrix???
No.
MäTrix make neither controllers nor decoders with support for Selectrix (N gauge decoders with Selectrix still come from third parties).

Re MS2 language setting:
I don't recall which buttons have to be pressed - but since there is no check mark on my screen shots I presume that the big green one (throttle) should be correct.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline nevw  
#7 Posted : 07 December 2014 23:06:51(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Thanks Tom , have tried that , maybe I have a faulty MS2 or rather a stubborn one that will not leave the family Language.

Nev
Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 07 December 2014 23:24:09(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Re MS2 language setting:
I don't recall which buttons have to be pressed
I tried it: you have to press the button on the left side of the screen - the one beside the language you want (one of the two inner buttons on the left). With the buttons on the right you can scroll down to other languages (I presume Nev prefers English, but others may prefer other languages).

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline nevw  
#9 Posted : 07 December 2014 23:29:55(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Thanks Tom,
another one why is stop on the screen, does that mean you have to press Stop to save?
Offline baggio  
#10 Posted : 08 December 2014 01:52:20(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Page 4 of the manual (link is Tom's long step=by-step very helpful post) gives you in English the steps to change the language. You will need to rotate the page, however.

Hope this helps. If not, I will attach it in PDF form.
Offline nevw  
#11 Posted : 08 December 2014 02:17:55(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Originally Posted by: baggio Go to Quoted Post
Page 4 of the manual (link is Tom's long step=by-step very helpful post) gives you in English the steps to change the language. You will need to rotate the page, however.

Hope this helps. If not, I will attach it in PDF form.

Thanks, there is a step missing somewhere, this sucker is staying Strictly German and does not want to leave the homeland. tried all suggestions, even reading the manual, following toms instructions etc. May have to take it back under warranty.
Crying
Nev

Offline franciscohg  
#12 Posted : 08 December 2014 03:50:18(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hi Nev, i am out on a trip, will be back home on Tuesday, if you have not solved it by then, we could connect trough skipe for live step by step. Will have to be looking at the ms2 too
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline nevw  
#13 Posted : 08 December 2014 08:06:45(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
Hi Nev, i am out on a trip, will be back home on Tuesday, if you have not solved it by then, we could connect trough skipe for live step by step. Will have to be looking at the ms2 too
Regards

Thanks will be in that, will have to check I think tat will be a Wednesday here.

I think best time is about 7-8 PM your time or a bit later. then 8-9am here. Just looked at diary maybe 6-30pm-7pm tuesday would be good. have to go out at 9am here which is 8PM tuesday night.
Offline Goofy  
#14 Posted : 08 December 2014 17:28:51(UTC)
Goofy

Delete...

Edited by user 11 December 2014 18:06:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline 3rail4life  
#15 Posted : 09 December 2014 16:54:10(UTC)
3rail4life

United States   
Hi Nev,

Hope you get things sorted out with your MS2. If the language stays German even after changing it to English you may experiencing a similar software bug to what was discussed in this post:

MS2 will not change language

An update from another MS2 fixed it...

Cheers,

Gordon
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 3rail4life
Offline franciscohg  
#16 Posted : 10 December 2014 17:49:11(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
So.....Nev, did you solve the problem?
I will be at home around 1800.
It is now 1342.
Drop me a message trough Facebook if you can
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline nevw  
#17 Posted : 10 December 2014 22:41:38(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
It looks like that my MS2 requires a software update to cure the problem, so into the local provider of out favourite addiction and get the beast upgraded.
When trying to change the language I never got an Auto restart.
SO if that does not cure its stubborn behaviour Out comes the ECOS.

Thanks for all help and suggestions.
The Ecos will also solve a power dilemma that I had in my mind.

nev
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by nevw
Offline Charlie  
#18 Posted : 11 December 2014 13:31:29(UTC)
Charlie

Nev, I had made a video, just for you 2 years ago :-)

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Charlie
Offline nevw  
#19 Posted : 11 December 2014 21:56:29(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Charlie Go to Quoted Post
Nev, I had made a video, just for you 2 years ago :-)

Charlie, what foresight, you knew 2 years ago That I would get a MS2 this year, marvelous. I will give it another go later and report back.

Thanks, Charlie
At least it was not a Pink one LOL