Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Hackcell  
#1 Posted : 04 December 2014 04:46:56(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
Hi,

I'm trying to update the sound files on a 60946 decoder and when I click on Upd the CS2 returns the following message:

The transfer is not possible at the moment. CV access is obvioulsy running. Please try again later.

If I try to check the loco CVs it says Locomotive "V 200 060 DB" gave no feedback. Try again?

I can't even change the loco address as the address appears grayed out. I can't even configure the loco as a DCC loco because it doesn't recognizes the default DCC address.

After several tryes, the CV returns to me as hardware version 0.0.0.0.0

Any ideas if this is something that I can fix or shall I change the decoder?

Thanks.

Danilo Jiménez
Union Pacific and DB Cargo H0 models.
Märklin, Brawa, MTH and some Walthers cars (nobody is perfect!)
Pinball machines, jukeboxes and Horses.
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
Offline sjlauritsen  
#2 Posted : 04 December 2014 05:17:58(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
What I would do:

Make sure the decoder talks DCC and not MFX? It it talks MFX it will not react to DCC commands - not even if you create it as a DCC locomotive. The address will be grayed out if it is an MFX locmotive.

If it is an MFX locomotive, create it again as DCC and go to settings to turn MFX off.

If the above did not work:
Then, I would check if I could read another locomotive. Just to get an idea on how big the problem is.

Either case: I would then restart the CS2, just to make sure any cached values will be cleared out.

If the problem is only with one particular locomotive:
I would probably delete the locomotive and create it again with the settings that I wanted.
If that did not work, I would contact Märklin about the problem regarding the locomotive.

If the problem is with all my locomotives:
I would contact Märklin, because I would suspect my CS2 to be weird.

I would most likely also restore the latest working backup. Just in case the problem is database related. A restore would most likely fix the problem.
Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
H0
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 04 December 2014 08:13:07(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Hackcell Go to Quoted Post
I can't even change the loco address as the address appears grayed out.
You never could change the mfx address coz mfx addresses are assigned by the CS2 and cannot be changed.

Make sure the CS2 is not on STOP and that mfx feedback works fine. As Søren wrote, the loco will not respond to DCC if mfx is activated in the decoder.
A re-boot may solve the issue.

You can put the loco alone on the programming track. You may have to remove the radio interference suppressor thingie between CS2 and track - some of them also filter the mfx feedback.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage