Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Tex  
#1 Posted : 26 November 2014 20:35:31(UTC)
Tex

United States   
Hello everybody.

Information on new marklin items is hard to obtain out my way. I plan to add a light signal to my layout which ha 763XX signals which are controlled by a marklin keyboard attached to a 6021 control unit. I note that the 763XX signals have been replaced with a new 764XX \series of digital light series. Are these new signals coded and operated the same ? Can I insert a 76491 signal into my system and, also, will a 76491 signal plug into a 763XX distance signal ?

Tex
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 29 November 2014 23:16:25(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Tex Go to Quoted Post
Hello everybody.
Information on new marklin items is hard to obtain out my way.
Are these new signals coded and operated the same ?
Can I insert a 76491 signal into my system ....
and, also, will a 76491 signal plug into a 763XX distance signal ?
Tex

Tex,

Marklin are not in the habit of providing information about product operation until the product actually ships. In this case of the 764xx signals this is tomorrow (Dec2014). ref ... latest delivery schedule

It is unlikely that they would be coded the same.
They are , however, described as MFX signals. No-one has been able to ascertain what this means but it implies some added capability.

<speculation on>
It is not common for Marklin to introduce a product that is not capable of operating with prior generation controllers.
Therefore I would expect them to be usable with a 6021 - whether this limits any newer functionality is not known yet, but one limitation would obviously be to an address range of 1-255.
<speculation off>

The reference to distance signal interoperability is a little clearer with the specific reference in the marketing documentation to use of the 764xx and without a reference to 763xx.
<speculation on>
this usually is just a stake in the ground and may simply mean a different connector requiring a bit of rewiring
<speculation off>
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Tex  
#3 Posted : 13 December 2014 02:41:46(UTC)
Tex

United States   
Thank you Peter for the information.

I have found a 76395 signal to replace the one I messed up. ( Like me at 82, It looks like my signals as well as my m track and 6021 control system are all out of date and nun-replaceable. )

I was worried about the new 7649X signals because the price was reduced suggesting that something has been removed.

On the subject of " a little bit of re-wiring " I have tried to repair broken "permanent" solder connections on the marklin circuit boards with no success.

Despite the high cost and my problems I still love the marklin 7639X signals. I am installing the new 76395 signal at the exit from my main terminal and reprograming the 76391 signal that previously occupied this location to replace the one that was damaged,

Tex