Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline alistairiancampbell  
#1 Posted : 18 November 2014 11:16:44(UTC)
alistairiancampbell

Apologies for the length of the post, but I have a few questions I need to get off of my chest:

I have had a small Märklin oval for a couple of years and I am wanting to expand it for the increased number of trains I am getting. I currently have the basic starter oval with the curved turnouts (24671/2) (oh, all C-Track), much like what you get in the train set boxes (I was purchasing a specific train, I'll get to that later). So I have the ability to run 2 trains, however not simultaneously, one must be stationary unless I have one following the other. I would like to expand the layout so it is a double loop that expands to four rails along one side, essentially a station so I can have 4 trains ready to run at any one stage. The Märklin catalogue that I own has diagrams that show how to run it with 2-3 and 3 tracks, however not 4. Ideally I use the curved turnouts for this, and can use as much existing track as possible. I am aware that I currently have the smallest radius of track and would ideally use R2/3/4 for the two corners.

I am happy to be put onto a website, or just get sage advice from here.

The second question I have is to do with digital upgrades for existing trains. I currently own the SBB Wagon set 42164, SBB wagons 42162 and 42178, as well as the ICE set 36711. I would like to light the coaches, but am unsure of which would be the ideal way to do it.

Finally, I am a Liechtenstein tragic, and when I move back to the UK, I will be building a layout that runs from Buchs SG in Switzerland to ÖBB Feldkirch in Austria, or is representative of that part. When I was last visiting Liechtenstein I caught visited both Buchs and Feldkirch and got some pictures of the stock there. Any help with identifying the locomotive and whether Märklin make one, are rumoured to make one, or another company makes one that can be used on a Märklin layout run by either a Mobile Station (60653) or the Central Station (60215).
alistairiancampbell attached the following image(s):
Diesel Shunters at Buchs 3.JPG
Diesel shunters at Buchs 2.JPG
OBB Feldkirch Yard Shunter 1.JPG
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 18 November 2014 13:21:22(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi Alistair,

The first of the three locos is a G1700 in Infra livery. You can get one from Piko in 3 rail AC digital for Marklin.
RayF attached the following image(s):
59201.jpg
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline alistairiancampbell  
#3 Posted : 19 November 2014 02:03:58(UTC)
alistairiancampbell

Thanks, I'll have a look at it now.