Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 18 November 2014 08:22:54(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Hello:

It was snowing in Montreal today and as I don't have my snow tires on today, I spent a little time sorting my collection. I catalogued a number of my rolling stock, including all of my Lima 1/87 FS UIC Z2 coaches, which brings me to my question.

The coaches include several in the so-called "Bandiera" livery, which I call Gran Comfort livery (as they matched the Gran Comfort coaches), a pair with the "Inclinato" (inclined) logo and one with the new XMPR logo. There are a few in the "Bigrigio" (grey) livery, all with the inclined logo and a pair of coaches in the XMPR livery with matching logo.

I took a train from Geneva to Brig in 1998 which included a mix of Bandiera and Bigrigio coaches along with a few Eurofima coaches in the C1 (orange) livery. The train was pulled by a Re 460.

The train had a number of Bandiera 2nd class coaches, a few Bigrigio, including a first class coach and one first class Eurofima in orange.

What I am hoping that one of our Italian savvy members will know is at what point did the logo change from "Inclinato" to XMPR and can I run my assorted Bandiera coaches together (around 1998) or is the XMPR logo too modern for that timeframe? If it is, I will substitute one of the Bigrigio coaches for the one with the XMPR logo. I can then use that coach in a later consist with more of the bigrigio coaches and a few of the newer XMPR coaches.

I have a full consist of Eurofima (Roco) in the original orange including the Baggage coach (ACME) which I run as a Stuttgart to Milano IC. One of the Eurofima coaches also runs in the Geneva-Brig consist described above.

I also have a number of UIC-X coaches from Roco in grey (Era IV) and Rosso-Fegato (Era IV-V) that I can combine with the Lima coaches. What would be appropriate for say 1984-1990 or so? Can I mix those with SBB RIC coaches (LS Models) or are the Roco Eurofimas ("Televisore" logo) a better match?

I also have a number of couchette and sleepers of the FS which can be used to create various night train consists, including a trio of renovated Tipo 59 coaches (think they were called 1985R after the refit) which I saw in a video with SBB EWI and II and other SBB coaches. I presume that the SBB coaches ran from Chiasso to points north and the FS coaches continued on into Germany, maybe Stuttgart or Nuremberg. I think the video in question was from 1998, so if you have any ideas what train this could have been, I would appreciate it. (See screen grab below)

Thanks for any assistance and regards

Mike C
mike c attached the following image(s):
SBB Re 6-6 FS Tipo 59 1998.2.JPG
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#2 Posted : 19 November 2014 02:36:32(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Hi Mike,

Some answers in caps below:

What I am hoping that one of our Italian savvy members will know is at what point did the logo change from "Inclinato" to XMPR and can I run my assorted Bandiera coaches together (around 1998) or is the XMPR logo too modern for that timeframe? If it is, I will substitute one of the Bigrigio coaches for the one with the XMPR logo. I can then use that coach in a later consist with more of the bigrigio coaches and a few of the newer XMPR coaches. I DON'T KNOW WHAT YEAR THE XMPR LOGO SHOWED UP, BUT I THINK IT WAS AROUND THE 2000 MARK

I also have a number of UIC-X coaches from Roco in grey (Era IV) and Rosso-Fegato (Era IV-V) that I can combine with the Lima coaches. What would be appropriate for say 1984-1990 or so? Can I mix those with SBB RIC coaches (LS Models) or are the Roco Eurofimas ("Televisore" logo) a better match? FROM 1984 TO 1990 ALL OF THOSE COACHES COULD BE FOUND MIXED UP, AND OF COURSE AS TIME WENT ON LESS OF THE ALL GREY. NOT SURE ABOUT THE SBB COACHES IN CONSISTS TO MILANO
SBB Era 2-5
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 20 November 2014 06:13:00(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
@5HorizonsRR,

you may find this to be useful. I acquired some videos from a Dutch company called Re-Os (re-os.nl) from Eurolokshop.com. There were videos of the Gotthard from 1998 and from 2004. The 1998 one helped me create my FS IC/EC. The 2004 one was useful in creating my Cisalpino consist (ACME and EYRO) as well as other train consists.

Re-Os posted snippets from the videos on a YouTube channel. You can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/user/REOSRailway/videos

The 1998 video:

The 2004 video:

There are other videos (Luzern, Chiasso, Zurich, etc) that may show additional FS consists

I hope this helps

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c