Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Karl  
#1 Posted : 13 November 2014 07:16:39(UTC)
Karl

United States   
I was wondering if anyone would happen to know what the part number that pulls the tender (coal car) on a GN800? I am not sure how long it has been missing since I haven’t run this engine in quite some time and I don't seem to have anything on hand that would fit. I tried to see if the one from my RM800 would fit, but the screw is wider on the GN800. I checked a bunch of websites, but I am not able to get any information on this. I would like to get the original part, but in the worse case I would have to find out what the thread size is and try to make something that would work out of an actual screw. Any thoughts?
Offline Markus Schild  
#2 Posted : 13 November 2014 10:43:16(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi Karl,

The original number is 753520. It is a M2.6 screw, but I don't have the exact dimensions. The screw is no longer available from Märklin. I would suggest you to ask at www.ritter-nuertingen.de .

Regards

Markus
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Markus Schild
Offline Karl  
#3 Posted : 13 November 2014 12:26:42(UTC)
Karl

United States   
Thanks so much for the information.
I heard of Ritter, but never used them before.
I was always able to somehow come across parts on eBay, but this one I doubt very much.
I will try them out and see if they can get one.
Offline ROBMODEL  
#4 Posted : 13 November 2014 21:08:37(UTC)
ROBMODEL

Netherlands   
Hi Karl, an other possibility is: http://www.schnug-modellbahn.de . Regards, Rob

Originally Posted by: Karl Go to Quoted Post
I was wondering if anyone would happen to know what the part number that pulls the tender (coal car) on a GN800? I am not sure how long it has been missing since I haven’t run this engine in quite some time and I don't seem to have anything on hand that would fit. I tried to see if the one from my RM800 would fit, but the screw is wider on the GN800. I checked a bunch of websites, but I am not able to get any information on this. I would like to get the original part, but in the worse case I would have to find out what the thread size is and try to make something that would work out of an actual screw. Any thoughts?

Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 14 November 2014 10:41:04(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
I will try and look at the old service manuals I have from the early 1950s, over the weekend, and see if that loco is in there. I should be able to organise a picture of the screw as there is a table of the screws used throughout the range of models, with their dimensions and other info.