Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PMPeter  
#1 Posted : 12 November 2014 02:42:54(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
I recently purchased a Viessmann used double arm semaphore signal and I can't get it to work. I have removed the solenoid case to check if anything appeared burned out or broken, and see nothing obvious.

The model number is unknown and it has 2 black leads as shown in the photo instead of the normal read leads for the track power contacts.

If I connect the brown and yellow, the LEDs light up. If I connect the green and red (broken off in photo) to a control box, I cannot get the solenoid to activate. Manually moving the actuator up and own shows a switching action between the red and green using an ohmmeter. I was able to put voltage on one of the solenoid solder terminals and the solenoid switched. I couldn't get at the second one.

Any ideas or did I make a bad purchase?

Thanks
Peter

Viessmann

Offline PMPeter  
#2 Posted : 12 November 2014 06:58:12(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
I think I found it. It appears that the mechanism is slightly twisted and the sliding contacts are not centered. If I twist it the other way I can get the green working. I'll have to solder the red wire back on to see if I can get it to operate in the other direction with the same twist. Not sure what will happen when I snap the cover back on.

Peter
Offline PMPeter  
#3 Posted : 17 November 2014 17:48:07(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Without the solenoid cover on, the signal works properly in both directions. However, the minute I add the cover it will not work at all. I have checked for any possible shorts or mechanical interference and I see non. I don't even need to snap the cover in place, just attach it to the top positioning pin and the signal stops working.

Any ideas?

Peter
Offline Goofy  
#4 Posted : 30 November 2014 09:54:35(UTC)
Goofy

Viessmanns old semaphore do have an very small hole under the drive mechanism,by use with an needle to adjust the wing arm.
You should try to fix.
But don´t have the power on,when you do it!
If yours semaphore generation of today is new,Viessmann reccomended return semaphore back to repair.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline PMPeter  
#5 Posted : 30 November 2014 17:22:46(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Thanks Goofy.

I found 2 things. When I compared this signal to other Viessmann signals the previous owner reversed the brown and yellow wires. So once I reversed those I can operate the signal in the proper direction from a K83. However, the minute I placed the solenoid covers on I could only operate the green aspect. Once I used your needle suggestion it will operate in both directions but I can only get the arms part way down and up for the red thus showing a red and partial yellow light.

Do I keep pushing with the needle to move something or is this the best I can get?

Cheers
Peter
Offline Goofy  
#6 Posted : 06 December 2014 08:45:53(UTC)
Goofy

I believe yours semaphore is default.
It looks like very old signal when i did look at yours picture of the signal.
It´s first generation of Viessmann signal you got there.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control