Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jamreu1950  
#1 Posted : 02 November 2014 15:50:20(UTC)
jamreu1950

United States   
No longer a new model, but is it still worth adding? Operating quality? Appearance?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jamreu1950
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 02 November 2014 17:07:29(UTC)
H0

The series started with 37705.
Review:
https://www.marklin-user...5--VT-75.aspx#post330609
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Joseph Meiring  
#3 Posted : 02 November 2014 17:36:17(UTC)
Joseph Meiring

South Africa   
Originally Posted by: jamreu1950 Go to Quoted Post
No longer a new model, but is it still worth adding? Operating quality? Appearance?

I simply loved the looks of this railbus - 37707 - got mine from Modellbahnshop-lippe Jan this year. Sadly,the running was quite awful from the start; very jerky, esp at low speeds, and more pronounced in "reverse". There was no sound nor lights-the "plug" in the roof of the motor car had come adrift. Was able to fix that tho. The running got progressively worse, to the point where it would not move and made the most horrendous "grating" sounds Plucked up courage to open the motor, but all looked OK-enough grease....But I know Webmaster has one, and he seemed happy with his....
Eventually sent it back to lippe around June - they very promptly replaced it with a new set.
After not more than 1 week, the same darn bad jerky running started again! I was absolutely devastated: I immediately contacted lippe, who very kindly re-reimbursed me the cost of the unit, and all the postage costs.
The unit looked beautiful, with current conducting couplers, marker lights, and great sounds...was I just unlucky?? I even looked up a vid on you tube where I could see the same jerky running of the owner's unit. Bad design?? I don't know...2 units, both with the same problem....?? From A very sad Marklin fan...Sad
greetings, Joe

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Joseph Meiring
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#4 Posted : 27 November 2014 12:03:09(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
I bought the 37705 (with sound) last year for 159€ only! It is a very nice and well detailed model, metal case (yes, really a very thin metal case!). There were many criticism due to the fact, that it isn't really possible to turn over at the end station, because of the fixed clutch tongue, also there isn't a current leading clutch at the front ends (can be added).

My VT 75.9 is currently in Göppingen by warranty repair, because the motor and/or decoder has a fault, in one direction, there is no power to run with constant speed through curves.

But I would buy this nice model again. The driving performance was good, however, a SDS motor could do it better.

Märklin VT 75.9 (37705) - RTS current-carrying clutch
Pictures of the VT 75.9 (37705) and how to insert a contact spring on the other side of the trailing car

Märklin 37705 - VT 75.9 - coupling with RTS short coupler and decoupling rail

Märklin 37705 - Roco ET 485 vs. VT 75.9, with Märklin mSD Sounddecoder!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Moritz-BR365