Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline DV  
#1 Posted : 22 October 2014 09:53:06(UTC)
DV

Australia   
I didn't want to hijack Anders posts about his BR64 (could have gotten into troubleOhMyGod ), but after reading what Dion wrote on that post, I think my BR64 is 'kaput'

Here is a video of what it does

As can be seen, it is in the standard mode, all the sounds work, but when you give it some juice this is the movement and noise it makesCrying Blink Confused Sad Unsure .

When I first received it, it was in the semi mode and being a firm believer in 'instructions, what instructions', I put the loco onto the track, it registered, I tried the sounds, got the loco started for it to finally slow down, then stop. OK, might be a good idea to read the instructions nowBlushing Blushing Blushing , set it on standard mode, and it wouldn't move. Here's an idea I thought, I'll try running it in analogue mode (using a grey transformer)......wouldn't moveCursing Cursing Cursing

I got peed off and packed it up and put it away. Then I started reading about possible problems and tried the loco on our club layout, the video is the outcomeCrying Crying Crying Crying

Will I have to send it back to Göppingen????????????????

Many thanks for your advice.
Dusan V
'I find your lack of faith (in Märklin) disturbing'
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by DV
Offline poulmh  
#2 Posted : 22 October 2014 10:08:29(UTC)
poulmh

Denmark   
When You shift to Standardmodus you have to downloade it to the locomotive (lok. arrow down) and then click OK

Hope You can use it.

/Poul
#3 Posted : 22 October 2014 10:20:41(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Poul, thank you for the quick reply. I will have a go tomorrow......here's hoping it worksSmile
Dusan V
Offline Goofy  
#4 Posted : 22 October 2014 19:14:44(UTC)
Goofy

Did you tried to drive without the sounds on?
My locomotiv did worked normal without the sounds on.
It was the sounds on,which did make locomotiv start hijacked with the speed.
When i did speed up,the locomotiv did slow down in speed.
Sometimes there was bad with the brake sound too.
My complete new loco has not been tested yet,so in this evening i will check after "if" it works...
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Webmaster  
#5 Posted : 22 October 2014 19:27:16(UTC)
Webmaster

As Poul says, you have to send the mode setting to the decoder - How else would it know to change its behaviour...

Have forgotten that myself a lot of times when changing decoder settings.... Blushing BigGrin
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline Ian555  
#6 Posted : 22 October 2014 19:40:34(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Dusan,

You got Sand, Water and Coal in it.

Ian.

Offline sjlauritsen  
#7 Posted : 22 October 2014 20:11:05(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
First try the other suggestions, but I must say, that it looks like my BR 218 when its motor was malfunctioning. It could also be a wrongly tuned decoder. When the loco stops at the end of the video, did you do that or did it stop by itself?

If at all possible, can you take the motor out and run it from a DC transformer without the influence of the decoder and other stuff. If it runs smoothly then the problem is most likely in the decoder, if it still jerks then the problem is the motor. EDIT: On second thought, do not do this, if you are worried about the warranty.
Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
Offline DV  
#8 Posted : 23 October 2014 06:43:43(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Did you tried to drive without the sounds on?

As shown on the original video, I tried all the sounds first, then turned all sound off and tried to get the loco going, and you can see the results.

Originally Posted by: poulmh Go to Quoted Post
When You shift to Standardmodus you have to downloade it to the locomotive (lok. arrow down) and then click OK

Hope You can use it.

/Poul

Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
As Poul says, you have to send the mode setting to the decoder - How else would it know to change its behaviour...

Ok I have tried what Poul suggested and Juhan backed up, I still got the same result, moving slowly and squeeking like crazy.

Then had the brilliant ideaRollEyes of showing in a video (again) what happens and these are the results.

Originally Posted by: Ian555 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Dusan,

You got Sand, Water and Coal in it.

Ian.

As you can see on the video, I went to semi pro and you can see that S, C and W is sufficient, I then tried to move it and you can see the results. This time it stopped totally

I then tried to get back to standard (sorry about the shaky videoBlushing Blushing ), followed Poul's recommendation and it would'n move, so at 1:12 I tried the the old hand shunt, and again you can see the results, moving noisily and jerkily (this time I stopped the loco).Crying Crying Crying Crying

Originally Posted by: sjlauritsen Go to Quoted Post
. EDIT: On second thought, do not do this, if you are worried about the warranty.

Søren I will follow this suggestion to the letterBigGrin LOL Laugh Smile ThumpUp

So can I safely say that the loco is stuffedCursing ????? And heading back to Göppingen????
Dusan V
Offline biedmatt  
#9 Posted : 23 October 2014 11:16:50(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
Did this loko fail straight out of the box, or do you have some hours on it before the problem?
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
Offline NZMarklinist  
#10 Posted : 23 October 2014 11:22:34(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: DV Go to Quoted Post

So can I safely say that the loco is stuffedCursing ????? And heading back to Göppingen????

Sadly it looks that way Dusan, what about sending it to Dion, even if you didn't buy it from him, he may be good enough to repair it for you and the postage will be a lot less !Wink ThumpUp
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline jeehring  
#11 Posted : 23 October 2014 12:00:22(UTC)
jeehring

Recenly, my dealer told me a story : an anxious Customer brought back one MFX+ loco ...this Lok had a bad behaviour, hijacking, creeping slowly, etc....
It tooks some time before realizing that the loco was functioning in MFX+ fashion and that this loco had no more coal, no more water,. no more energy...In short : that tanks were empty, she just needs to be supplied ...And in such a case, this is a normal behaviour, for the fun, to warn the conductor/player.
Then they went back to the station area, filled up with consumables and everything was back in order Smile
Offline leahcim  
#12 Posted : 23 October 2014 13:26:38(UTC)
leahcim

Australia   
Originally Posted by: jeehring Go to Quoted Post
Recenly, my dealer told me a story : an anxious Customer brought back one MFX+ loco ...this Lok had a bad behaviour, hijacking, creeping slowly, etc....
It tooks some time before realizing that the loco was functioning in MFX+ fashion and that this loco had no more coal, no more water,. no more energy...In short : that tanks were empty, she just needs to be supplied ...And in such a case, this is a normal behaviour, for the fun, to warn the conductor/player.
Then they went back to the station area, filled up with consumables and everything was back in order Smile

It would be nice if this is the case for Dusan's sake. Would they really create confusion for the user like this though? I mean wouldn't the station flash a low coal warning or something. You'll have to excuse me I have neither ms or cs 1 or 2.

regards
michael
Offline DV  
#13 Posted : 23 October 2014 13:28:57(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Originally Posted by: biedmatt Go to Quoted Post
Did this loko fail straight out of the box, or do you have some hours on it before the problem?

from memory, it ran for about 300 mm and then went into slow, jerky and noisy mode.
Dusan V
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DV
Offline DV  
#14 Posted : 23 October 2014 13:33:07(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Originally Posted by: jeehring Go to Quoted Post

As can be seen on the latest video I posted the loco was full of sand, coal and water, tried to run it it in that mode and the results speak for themselvesSad
Dusan V
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DV
Offline RayF  
#15 Posted : 23 October 2014 18:57:28(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Looks like a failed loco to me. Warranty repair?
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline Webmaster  
#16 Posted : 23 October 2014 20:06:35(UTC)
Webmaster

Does not sound ok at all... Sad
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline steventrain  
#17 Posted : 23 October 2014 20:43:55(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Send back to Marklin with warranty card.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.