Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline JanThyregod  
#1 Posted : 14 October 2014 09:17:19(UTC)
JanThyregod

Denmark   
Hi Guys

I have a Marklin 37901 where I believe the motor control board to be dead as everything on the train seems to work except motor control.

I have been searching for the part "marklin 611625" but not been able to locate it, and it seems not to be an available spare part. MArklin 37901 spare parts

Have heard that a lot of C-sine motors have had a similar problem so here goes :

1. Anybody know where to get the part ?
2. Is it possible to rebuild the loco to use a different motor ?

I will really prefer not having any C-sine trains. A life span of 3 years is just not acceptable as it has been driven extremely little.

Thanks for any help

Jan
Offline Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS  
#2 Posted : 14 October 2014 09:28:50(UTC)
Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS

Sweden   
Hi!

As I can only answer you second question I will jump straight to that.

I have once converted a 39560 green croc from a sinus engine to a normal high efficiency propulsion enginge + 60947 decoder. This was because the driver board/decoder was dead.
So it is possible.

Hope it helps,

Oliver
SBB Era IV - VI
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS
Offline JanThyregod  
#3 Posted : 14 October 2014 09:33:02(UTC)
JanThyregod

Denmark   
Just checked the later model but with a motor pice of EUR 180 that is a drop dead conversion.

I will rather buy a new Brawa model instead...

Tried to search C-sine on ebay.de just now.... A LOT of Marklin for sale !!!

Marklin should review and act on what people think of their products, I am certainly not impressed any longer.
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#4 Posted : 14 October 2014 11:15:37(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Originally Posted by: Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS Go to Quoted Post
I have once converted a 39560 green croc from a sinus engine to a normal high efficiency propulsion enginge + 60947 decoder. This was because the driver board/decoder was dead.

The 37901 has a C-Sinus in compact format (similar to SDS), so it isn't possible to install the 5-pole HLA DCM motor. But it should be possible to find a replacement, either a bell shaped amature motor or a standard DC motor.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Moritz-BR365
Offline JanThyregod  
#5 Posted : 14 October 2014 11:34:29(UTC)
JanThyregod

Denmark   
Thanks for your reply, any idea where I can look for a replacement motor ?

I am busy building my track and prefer not to "waste" to much time at this stage looking for alternative.

If someone has a "turn-key" rebuild solution I would be most grateful, and I don't mind changing to a non-Marklin decoder. Don't dislike Marklin, but I find their parts supply quite odd Confused and would prefer easily available parts. BigGrin

Thanks again for leading me on the right track ahead as I really like this Loco BigGrin

/Jan

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 14 October 2014 12:02:10(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Don't SB Modellbau make replacement motors for C-Sine motors?

http://www.sb-modellbau.com/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#7 Posted : 14 October 2014 12:11:34(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Motor kits for Br212 / V100 here...

http://www.sb-modellbau....498&cPath=256_27_139

I'd email them and ask for details on what you need for your specific locomotive.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#8 Posted : 14 October 2014 12:15:41(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
OK, my bad - your loco is the BR290.

As I say, email SB Modellbau with your loco specifics.
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#9 Posted : 14 October 2014 12:53:55(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Originally Posted by: JanThyregod Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for your reply, any idea where I can look for a replacement motor ?

The problem is, that on the mtc21-Board, there is a special driver electronic to supply the C-Sinus motor. For a standard DC motor, You need a standard mtc21-board. But this is a good thing, because an mtc21 board costs only ~10€ and You can continue using the original mfx decoder of Your loco.

Now, to find an replacement for Your motor, You need to know the dimensions (lengt, Diameter, diameter of the axle). Probably, You could aks the Märklin service if there is a standard DC motor, that fits into this loco.
Offline JanThyregod  
#10 Posted : 14 October 2014 13:27:11(UTC)
JanThyregod

Denmark   
Thanks BigGrin

In the meantime I have found that the decoder is manufactured by ESU and when you perform a RESET, the decoder forgets it has a C-Sinus motor.

Next step this evening is to connect my lok programmer and set the right CVs according to ESU manual for C-Sine.

I gave the train a reset as I had problems connecting to the engine. Hate that I followed the manual but should not have done so !!!

I will go for the DC motor change and have written to the company above, but throwing more than EUR 110 after a loco that cost less used a year ago is really a little silly Blushing ... think I will try to sell it as faulty and buy a new one from Brawa or Roco as a replacement.
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#11 Posted : 14 October 2014 14:23:34(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Originally Posted by: JanThyregod Go to Quoted Post
In the meantime I have found that the decoder is manufactured by ESU and when you perform a RESET, the decoder forgets it has a C-Sinus motor.

Next step this evening is to connect my lok programmer and set the right CVs according to ESU manual for C-Sine.

Maybe, You had reset the decoder and now, You only have to set AUX4 to always on? I remember thet AUX4 must be activated to provide power to the C-Sinus driver board.

Offline JanThyregod  
#12 Posted : 15 October 2014 11:03:03(UTC)
JanThyregod

Denmark   
It seemed to do the trick, now the train moves like a bullit !!! need to adjust something I believe.... problem is you have no access to CV programming from an ECoS. Programming this on an ECoS is little tricky and I needed to do several tests, but it works :-)

Thanks for all your help BigGrin
Offline supermoee  
#13 Posted : 15 October 2014 12:06:09(UTC)
supermoee

Switzerland   
Hello,

the C-sine compact/SDS driver boards are still available at Märklin as spare parts. you cannot order them as spare parts, but you can send in the loc to Märklin for repair.

I had some problem on a 39501 Br150 because I built in a wrong decoder and the driver circuit died. I sent the loco in approx 8 month ago an get it repaired for approx 38 Euro included shipment costs.

A second hand 39803 loco had still the wrong working board from 2006. I sent it in for replacement one approx one year ago an got it replaced for free.

I have 25 locos with C-sine, from the Br103 Insider on (so nearly to 10 years old), and never had a problem with this engine. The only death I had was caused by myself. a fantastic motor.

rgds

Stephan
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by supermoee