Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline timvenn20183  
#1 Posted : 09 October 2014 18:42:20(UTC)
timvenn20183

South Africa   
I am hoping that someone on the forum can assist. A few months back I purchased some second hand turnouts with motors and decoders and am now wanting to change the addresses of the decoders. They are set to numbers in the upper 30 - 40 so it makes controlling them on my MS2 a bit tricky.

If anyone has any idea what make these are it would be most appreciated. Once I know who made them I can try to figure out how to change their addresses. There are no obvious markings to indicate a manufacturer and they may even be a home grown decoder. There is a small button on the underside of the decoder and the reverse side of the decoder has no markings or components attached.

Thanks in advance.

Unknown decoder

Offline timvenn20183  
#2 Posted : 09 October 2014 19:11:37(UTC)
timvenn20183

South Africa   
Ok just a quick update. I decided to try and see if the button would allow me to re-program the turnout decoder and it does. Basically I removed the turnout form the layout and simply held in the button whilst powering on the a short piece of track connected to the MS2 and the turnout. I then released the button and so far it appears that the decoder will set itself to the first request that I send from the MS2. If my first request is ID 2 then that is what the turnout will set to. I would still like to know who made them :-)
Offline Renato  
#3 Posted : 09 October 2014 19:12:44(UTC)
Renato

Italy   
Hi,

Unfortunately I am not able to help you.

However I could suppose the pushbutton is intended for the address programming (I do not know how, as I have all decoders with dip switches).

I hope other members with more knowledge will help you.

Cheers

Renato
Offline timvenn20183  
#4 Posted : 09 October 2014 19:26:50(UTC)
timvenn20183

South Africa   
Thanks for the reply. Indeed the push button is for the programming and luckily I have now managed to re-program all my turnouts.