Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline tnelson  
#1 Posted : 03 October 2014 19:24:19(UTC)
tnelson

United States   

Hi All,
I have been thrown into the world of model railroading by way of my job, but I have quickly found a passion for it. As soon as I'm done with this project I plan on starting my own personal set up. To make a long story short, I've been tasked to find a way to make the train horn activate as the locomotive passes by a micro switch. I'm working with a Marklin 60652 remote and want to know if there is info on the electrical schematics for the remote or if anyone has an idea of where to "tap into" the circuit board to activate the horn. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom
Offline waorb  
#2 Posted : 06 October 2014 15:22:23(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   
Originally Posted by: tnelson Go to Quoted Post
I've been tasked to find a way to make the train horn activate as the locomotive passes by a micro switch. I'm working with a Marklin 60652 remote and want to know if there is info on the electrical schematics for the remote or if anyone has an idea of where to "tap into" the circuit board to activate the horn.

Hello Tom.

Welcome to this wonderful hobby!

AFAIK, the mobile station 60652 (AKA MS1), doesn't have any way to program what you want.

What miss to you is a way to program this. I made exactly what do you want, but with contact tracks, decoders S88 and a Central Station 2.

Cheers,

Walter
Offline Purellum  
#3 Posted : 06 October 2014 21:58:18(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

If you only run one train, and don't mind "destroying" your 60652, it should be possible to short the relevant "horn" pushbuttons directly on the PCB via a relay, instead of pushing the button.

UserPostedImage

More pictures, some resized and some not: http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=169880

I hope you can figure out what I mean Blink

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Purellum