Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Janne75  
#1 Posted : 03 October 2014 14:53:21(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi all,

I have done many kinds of maintenance jobs to many of my locos before (light bulb changes, replacing motors or motor parts, reversing units, traction tyres, digitalising locos and installing ball bearings into DCM and C-Sinus type motors etc.). Many not as easy jobs as a basic light bulb change to 3083 sounds like RollEyes ...

But I'm unable to get this done. It should be installed by pressing it down lightly and turn the light bulb to get those tabs to hold it with loco frame.

Firstly there is not enough room to do it as there is that clear plastic light diffusor in the way. When I tried to use a tool on top of the light bulb and press it lightly and to be able to turn it when it is pressed down I broke the last spare light bulb I have. Cursing

I would be glad if someone of you tells me how to do this basic light bulb change without being a magician? Confused It really feels like you should be one to do it really.

Regards,
Janne

Edited by user 21 October 2014 10:44:30(UTC)  | Reason: Solved

Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 03 October 2014 15:03:14(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi Janne,

In similar situations I have used a length of rubber tubing to grip the bulb and twist it into position. You might be able to find something of the right size in hardware stores.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Janne75  
#3 Posted : 03 October 2014 15:23:09(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
Hi Janne,

In similar situations I have used a length of rubber tubing to grip the bulb and twist it into position. You might be able to find something of the right size in hardware stores.

Thanks Ray,

This is just a good way to get it done! ThumpUp I think I even have correct size of rubber hose at home. But I have to buy a new light bulb first or take one from another loco to get it replaced. As I bought led lights and light sockels some time ago I can maybe take a light bulb from one of the digitalising candidates...

Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.