Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jkoellmer  
#1 Posted : 01 October 2014 18:26:47(UTC)
jkoellmer

I have installed and operated a great little Brawa Standseilbahn "Cable Railway" on my layout. Recently, the flexible cable that moves the cars up and down the hill has frayed and broken. This cable is electrically conductive (for car lighting) as well as providing the force to move the two cars. My problem now is that I cannot find a replacement cable through any of my known suppliers. I'm not sure what gauge the wire is, but it is tiny, stranded and made of copper. The Brawa set is OLD and I can't get the factory in Germany to return my email. Is anyone aware of any source for a replacement? Thanks in advance for your help!
Jeff
Offline Robert Davies  
#2 Posted : 01 October 2014 19:05:04(UTC)
Robert Davies

United Kingdom   
Did you get a funny error message from Brawa's e-mail host? I did when I tried to contact them about my little 0565 lok so I finished up writing to them and asking them to reply by e-mail, and I got an almost immediate reply.

However, that was just the start of the fun, but I will not trouble you with that.
Robert
Era III - IV
2 x Central Station 2 v.2 (60214 + 60215)
Hardware versions 3.6 / 4.33
Software version 4.2.1 (0)
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 01 October 2014 19:12:15(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
You can try contacting Eurorailhobbies in BC, Reynauld's in IL or other dealers who carry Brawa. Many of the Cable Car models are still in production. You could also try dealers like Lokshop, Schweickhardt or Kramm in Europe.

I seem to remember at one point using fine plastic wire to replace the one from a Brawa chairlift. I somehow recall that the cable came from a music shop.

Regards

Mike C
Offline mike187  
#4 Posted : 01 October 2014 19:16:31(UTC)
mike187

United States   
Brawa product #6241 cable..You can purchase from Modellbahn Kramm or Lok Shop..Etc

Regards, Paul
Offline jkoellmer  
#5 Posted : 02 October 2014 14:32:43(UTC)
jkoellmer

Thanks for the input, everyone. I did manage to order one from Lokshop, but noticed that it is on backorder. I hope they can restock. Time will tell!
Offline nevw  
#6 Posted : 02 October 2014 23:43:15(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
I had the same problem. and it is caused by the tension pulley on the lower station being too tight in its mounting not allowing it to move freely and tension the wire.
I have some coming from Brawa Wire size is .3mm Diameter.
As a stopgap I am using Stainless Steel Fishing Line leader of the same diameter but it is too stiff
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around