Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kweekalot  
#51 Posted : 07 October 2014 21:55:44(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

Then you should also ask the same question of Ford, General Motors, Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Honda et all.
I'm sure they do not make every part that they install in their vehicles.

You are right about that Dave.
Vollmer made many plastic parts for the automotive industry.
and for the record: I have no interest in decoders at all. Bored Sleep
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kweekalot
Offline RayF  
#52 Posted : 07 October 2014 23:24:58(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
That's how modern production is.

Still it's valid to ask who makes it, where is it made, how many hours do the workers work per day and per week and how much do they get paid.
In many cases you won't get official answers.

I work in the satellite industry. Nobody asks how much I get paid, how many hours I work, and where I work from. All people want to know is that when they switch on their TVs they receive the programmes that they want to watch. Does anyone ask where the satellites are controlled from? Does anyone, other than a few in the industry, even wonder where the satellites are made?

I do think there is a small amount of interest in where Marklin's decoders are produced, but I really am not that bothered, and most responders on this thread have agreed with me.

Can we leave it now until someone has any real information?

Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Hax
Offline H0  
#53 Posted : 07 October 2014 23:56:33(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
Can we leave it now until someone has any real information?
If we all agree that the decoders are not assembled on the premises of Märklin and are not assembled by Märklin employees, then we can leave it now.
I think we can also agree that the decoders are made exclusively for Märklin and are not OEM decoders from another brand.

No facts, but 50+ posts. It seems that many do not care where they come from while many want to know.

Those who do not want to know start talking about ESU, Ford, ESA, NASA - but originally this thread was about Märklin's mfx decoders.

Slightly off topic: I don't know where Märklin's fx decoders are made. They are around since about 2005, they are not from ESU, and they could come from the same factories.

I think it was never officially confirmed where the mouse-piano decoders came from, but those were also made exclusively for Märklin.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline kiwiAlan  
#54 Posted : 08 October 2014 00:38:39(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
It´s big difference to know who made mfx decoder.
It´s wrong to write "made of Märklin",if Märklin is not who produce mfx decoder.
To understand what is right,you must answer correct and truth.

Then you should also ask the same question of Ford, General Motors, Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Honda et all.

As Juhan suggests, it doesn't matter who makes the decoders, as long as they are reliable, do the things they are meant to do, and are priced reasonably.

The same is true of Formula 1 cars where there are many sub contractors making parts for the different racing teams.

The same is true of American saloon car racing where almost all the gearboxes are made by a UK company ...

Offline Purellum  
#55 Posted : 08 October 2014 08:28:38(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

I can't help wondering about Captain Morgan Rum.

Is it really made by a Captain called Morgan? Blink

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline xxup  
#56 Posted : 08 October 2014 09:05:02(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post
Cool

I can't help wondering about Captain Morgan Rum.

Is it really made by a Captain called Morgan? Blink

Per.

Cool

Awful stuff.. There are only two decent dark rums in the world.. Bundaberg rum and Pusser's Rum (Nelson's Blood)..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline Goofy  
#57 Posted : 08 October 2014 09:25:59(UTC)
Goofy

It´s big difference to know who made mfx decoder.
It´s wrong to write "made of Märklin",if Märklin is not who produce mfx decoder.
To understand what is right,you must answer correct and truth.

As Juhan suggests, it doesn't matter who makes the decoders, as long as they are reliable, do the things they are meant to do, and are priced reasonably.

What has cars to do with digital decoders as equal!?
It´s difference in small components than bigger.
Digital decoder is made of an electronic company,but the question is who make mfx decoders?
It´s not Märklin anyway,so therefore no rights by write "made of Märklin"!

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Goofy  
#58 Posted : 08 October 2014 09:29:05(UTC)
Goofy

Yeah, that's really old information. Marklin and ESU fell out with each other, their relationship ended in tears. ESU no longer make Marklin controllers or their decoders.......

Which is why Goofy opened this thread - he wants to know who replaced ESU!

Yahoooo...finally someone get smart by write correct about my topic thread. ThumpUp

H0
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#59 Posted : 08 October 2014 09:31:44(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   

Nothing, but everything! Cars have many components not made by the car's manufacturer, but people don't refuse to buy Fords because not everything in Fords was made by Ford. Same principle with Marklin decoders. Your question is somewhat irrelevant, because knowing who made the decoder is not going to make one scrap of difference as to whether you are going to buy one or not.
Offline Goofy  
#60 Posted : 08 October 2014 09:34:28(UTC)
Goofy

Nothing, but everything! Cars have many components not made by the car's manufacturer, but people don't refuse to buy Fords because not everything in Fords was made by Ford. Same principle with Marklin decoders. Your question is somewhat irrelevant, because knowing who made the decoder is not going to make one scrap of difference as to whether you are going to buy one or not.

Are you telling to me,that there is more electronic company who produce mfx decoder by sending decoder forward and backward all the times by finish same decoder finally???

H0
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#61 Posted : 08 October 2014 10:16:37(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Sorry Goofy, I don't understand the question.
Offline Purellum  
#62 Posted : 08 October 2014 12:49:05(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Quote:
Sorry Goofy, I don't understand the question.

Don't worry BD, I don't even understand the reason for the topic.

Per.

Cool

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Drongo  
#63 Posted : 08 October 2014 13:14:23(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Just to broaden the topic a little - I received an ESU Switchpilot today and guess what ??? It's made in CHINA Crying Crying Crying
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS  
#64 Posted : 08 October 2014 14:47:02(UTC)
Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS

Sweden   
For all we know there could be a number of different manufacturers that produce the decoders according to Märklin's specifications.
It is like most industries today. You can buy two laptops of the same model, make and series. However one might have an LCD built by Toshiba and the other one could be a Samsung. Or the RAM might be Samsung and Hynix in the other. It is virtually impossible to know beforehand as a consumer and it should not matter as in a perfect world the specifications are identical.
SBB Era IV - VI
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS
Offline H0  
#65 Posted : 08 October 2014 15:28:08(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS Go to Quoted Post
However one might have an LCD built by Toshiba and the other one could be a Samsung. [...] It is virtually impossible to know beforehand as a consumer and it should not matter as in a perfect world the specifications are identical.
German computer magazine "c’t" recently wrote about laptops by Lenovo (IIRC) that had the same ref. numbers, but different displays with notable differences.
So if you make your purchase decision after reading a good review in a computer magazine, you may find that the display you get is not as good as the display that was reviewed.
Similar for SSDs: same ref. number, but different speeds because different chips had been used.
Such practices make some reviews in magazines useless.

Back to MRR: similar things have happened with our market leader as some loco models came with different decoders over time (e.g. fx with or without DIP switches or with a transition from fx to mfx).
Or the CS2 60214: either 2.4 A and no galvanic insulation or 5 A with galvanic insulation.

Back to topic: The mfx decoders discussed in this thread have been made with both green and red PCBs. I don't know if that indicates different suppliers.
At least I didn't notice different behaviours.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline steventrain  
#66 Posted : 08 October 2014 16:00:18(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I remember Lutz Hemmerich post topic about Marklin new own decoder as Marklin stopping suppler from ESU about five years ago.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Mark_1602  
#67 Posted : 08 October 2014 17:20:02(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   

Hi,

In principle I agree with you as long as the decoders are really good, though I remember reading on Stummis Forum in 2010 and 2011 that quite a lot of customers were unhappy with the non-ESU mfx decoders that Marklin used during that transition period and announced angrily that they would not buy any more Marklin locomotives. Even after the end of 2011, when Marklin announced new (and better) mfx decoders, there were still a lot of German Marklin users who did not like the quality of the sound and wanted ESU sound decoders back.
At least 70 % of total Marklin sales are made in Germany, and Marklin has lost some customers there because of the decoders.

My own mfx locomotives all run very well on my MS2, but the Big Boy from 2009 (37993), which was still equipped with an ESU sound decoder at the Marklin factory, has better sound than the two Big Boys I bought in 2012 and 2013 (37994/37995). The difference is undeniable, and that's why some people ask where those decoders come from. The actual problem is not the manufacturer or the country of origin, but the fact that ESU decoders are perceived as being better by many customers, at least in Germany. I don't mind if Marklin uses subcontractors or designs its decoders without ESU, but the sound should be as good as it used to be before 2010. Probably they're working on it; Marklin TV often films the company's technicians while they record the sounds of prototypes for their decoders.
For the Big Boy they'll have to wait until the 4014 has been restored ... BigGrin BigGrin

Regards,
Mark
Best regards, Mark

I like Märklin items produced in the 1960s or early '70s, but also digital locos & current rolling stock.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mark_1602
Offline Mark_1602  
#68 Posted : 08 October 2014 17:44:29(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   
Hello everyone,

I think I've found out which 'company' might have designed the new generation on Marklin mfx and mfx+ decoders.

Maerklin Engineering

It's a subsidiary of the Marklin company and was founded in 2011 to help Marklin design new, innovative products. The engineers of this company are students from German universities that work with Marklin on a number of project. The projects that the students complete are credited by their universities and help Marklin to hire bright people who have new ideas. Probably that's where mfx+ has originated.

So their new decoders were probably designed in Germany. Marklin Engineering is based in Goppingen. Of course the actual products are manufactured elsewhere, as electronic components generally are. The name of the subcontractor might be kept secret to prevent the competition from spying on Marklin. Industrial spying is common practice ...

Regards,
Mark
Best regards, Mark

I like Märklin items produced in the 1960s or early '70s, but also digital locos & current rolling stock.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Mark_1602
Offline H0  
#69 Posted : 08 October 2014 20:01:08(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: MaerklinClassics Go to Quoted Post
In principle I agree with you as long as the decoders are really good, though I remember reading on Stummis Forum in 2010 and 2011 that quite a lot of customers were unhappy with the non-ESU mfx decoders that Marklin used during that transition period and announced angrily that they would not buy any more Marklin locomotives. Even after the end of 2011, when Marklin announced new (and better) mfx decoders, there were still a lot of German Marklin users who did not like the quality of the sound and wanted ESU sound decoders back.
AFAIK the 2009 decoders are the same as the 2011 decoders. All on the same quality level (ThumbDown ).
Since 2009 they use them factory-installed in locos. Since 2011 they also sell them separately.
Over time they fixed a few bugs in the decoder firmware - or at least implemented workarounds.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Mark_1602  
#70 Posted : 08 October 2014 22:15:26(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MaerklinClassics Go to Quoted Post
AFAIK the 2009 decoders are the same as the 2011 decoders. All on the same quality level (ThumbDown ).
Since 2009 they use them factory-installed in locos. Since 2011 they also sell them separately.
Over time they fixed a few bugs in the decoder firmware - or at least implemented workarounds.

Hi,

That's definitely not true of my Big Boy 37993, which still has an ESU decoder, and I bought it (with the grey original box still sealed in plastic) from an official Marklin dealer. Maybe not every 37993 was equipped with an ESU sound decoder; I think I remember reading this somewhere, but at least some 37993 have one, including mine. The sound is really better than that of the 37994 or 37995, as I noticed while testing the three Big Boys, and in Stummis Forum, users say the same thing in a thread I have read before. Even if I hadn't read that thread, I would have heard the difference in sound quality.
(Another thing Marklin changed in Big Boys is the motor, which has been DC since 2012, not bell anchor as it still was in 2009.)

I can't say how much Marklin decoders have changed since 2011, but an official dealer told me in 2011 that Marklin had new decoders. Who or what should I believe about those decoders??? Marklin still makes good products, but they have a bad information policy, and that's why there are discussions like this one. There should be more transparency instead of this exaggerated secrecy, which causes confusion and loss of trust and is bad for sales figures.

Regards,
Mark
Best regards, Mark

Offline H0  
#71 Posted : 08 October 2014 22:41:18(UTC)
H0

Märklin magazine introduced the new decoders, I think around 2009. Headline "Universal genius" or something to that effect.
AFAIK there is basically just one type of non-ESU mfx decoders. 2009, 2011, 2013 - I don't see relevant differences with those non-ESU mfx decoders.

The transition took time. They introduced the first non-ESU mfx decoders in 2009, but I think some locos with ESU mfx decoders were made until around 2011.
The Big Boy 37993 is a 2009 model, but at least the early batches still had the 2005 mfx decoders (ESU), while later batches had the 2009 mfx decoders (named "Insolvenzdecoder" (insolvency decoders) or "Kaufverweigerungsgrund" (purchase preventer) on Stummi's Forum).

You say you heard from your dealer that there were new decoders in 2011. So ask your dealer what he meant.
Was he just talking about 60942 and Co., available since 2011?

IMHO the sound is better with ESU decoders. The current Märklin decoders are no match for the ESU V3 decoders that still sound better. And ESU V4 was a big step forward with respect to sound (there also are many new options that require many more CVs and it's more difficult to get smooth load regulation).

I have the 37993 - and the 37994 with downgraded decoder and downgraded motor. Märklin still make some good products, but their loco production was IMHO over-economized.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Mark_1602  
#72 Posted : 09 October 2014 20:17:23(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   
Hi Tom,

Thanks for these clear explanations that Marklin wouldn't give to its customers. So I was lucky with my 37993! I no longer use that Marklin dealer, but they meant that Marklin generally used 'new' decoders from the end of 2011. One more official or semi-official statement that wasn't true ...

Regards,
Mark
Best regards, Mark

Offline Goofy  
#73 Posted : 10 October 2014 06:59:52(UTC)
Goofy

I´m asking to you again:
Who made mfx decoders of today?
1.Name of company
2.I don´t know

Just choise one of two.
Did you get it?
Very easy to answer!
Good boys!
H0
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#74 Posted : 10 October 2014 08:33:11(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Goofy, the answer is (judging by this thread) that no one knows, and not many care!

I think you're beating a dead horse!

It may be time to lock this thread??
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Purellum  
#75 Posted : 10 October 2014 08:36:11(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

UserPostedImage

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#76 Posted : 10 October 2014 10:14:27(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
LOL
Offline Goofy  
#77 Posted : 10 October 2014 12:25:56(UTC)
Goofy

Goofy, the answer is (judging by this thread) that no one knows, and not many care!

I think you're beating a dead horse!

It may be time to lock this thread??

It´s an dead answer from an moderator. ThumbDown
The first generation mfx decoder was made of ESU.
Märklinist knows about ESU.
So why is there no information of today,who made mfx and mfx+ decoder?

H0
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#78 Posted : 10 October 2014 13:09:58(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Goofy, you've asked that question 10 times in this thread, and yet there is no answer to it.

Anyone who knows isn't telling, and the rest of us don't seem to be all that bothered about it. We aren't really the correct people to be asked that question. You should ask Marklin directly and see if they answer, then come back and tell us the answer.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Purellum  
#79 Posted : 10 October 2014 14:48:16(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

There is tons of information about Märklins mfx and mfx+ in the google by search.

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Bart  
#80 Posted : 10 October 2014 17:47:30(UTC)
Bart

Netherlands   
Cool

There is tons of information about Märklins mfx and mfx+ in the google by search.

Per.

Cool

There is also lots of information to get about Märklins mfx and mfx+ from nice and helpful people on this forum.

Cool
*Bart
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bart
Offline Webmaster  
#81 Posted : 10 October 2014 18:40:54(UTC)
Webmaster

ESU decoders were/are not produced by ESU, but designed by ESU.
The mfx decoders are designed by Märklin and most likely not produced by Märklin.

It's all in the answers in this topic. How hard can it be???
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline Goofy  
#82 Posted : 11 October 2014 15:41:49(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post

ESU decoders were/are not produced by ESU, but designed by ESU.
The mfx decoders are designed by Märklin and most likely not produced by Märklin.

It's all in the answers in this topic. How hard can it be???

I was in the ESU forum and did stand question about decoders.
It was ESU who did made first generation mfx decoders.
ESU do make own decoders,but in bigscale decoders they don´t do it.
But mfx and mfx+ decoders didn´t any one know about who make them.
Did you get it Juhan?

H0
Offline kweekalot  
#83 Posted : 11 October 2014 15:50:11(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
... Did you get it Juhan?

The one who does not get it is you Anders !! Cursing
This thread is now really starting to become boring and unpleasant !
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kweekalot
H0
Offline Goofy  
#84 Posted : 11 October 2014 16:06:43(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: kweekalot Go to Quoted Post
... Did you get it Juhan?

The one who does not get it is you Anders !! Cursing
This thread is now really starting to become boring and unpleasant !

It´s not right by confuse and abuse truth about decoders!
And besides...didn´t you wrote:"I´m not interested in decoders"...?
See at post 51.

Blink
Angry
H0
Offline Purellum  
#85 Posted : 11 October 2014 17:18:26(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Quote:
It´s not right by confuse and abuse truth about decoders!

I think it is you who confuse and abuse the whole forum at the moment.

Quote:
ESU do make own decoders,but in bigscale decoders they don´t do it.

If ESU don't make large scale decoders, what would you then call the Loksound XL ??

http://www.esu.eu/en/pro...oksound/loksound-xl-v40/

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
Offline Webmaster  
#86 Posted : 11 October 2014 18:57:42(UTC)
Webmaster

Once again, I must ask - How hard can it be?... BigGrin

ESU decoders are assembled (=made) in the US, according to a link in a post earlier in the topic, get it?
Oh, yes - forgot this -> Flapper ... Ehhh, better add some more... Flapper Flapper Flapper

He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline Renato  
#87 Posted : 11 October 2014 19:46:39(UTC)
Renato

Italy   
Hi,

As this thread is in a deadlock situation, why not lock it?

Only a suggestion...

Cheers

Renato
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Renato
Offline Mark_1602  
#88 Posted : 11 October 2014 19:52:57(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   
Originally Posted by: Renato Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

Only a suggestion...

Cheers

Renato

Good idea. I think most people would agree with you ... We have found out as much as we can.

Mark
Best regards, Mark

Offline Purellum  
#89 Posted : 11 October 2014 20:01:38(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Quote:

Good idea. ThumpUp

But before it is being locked, I have a question:

I have a Märklin MFX decoder, and in one of the corners close to the connection plug, there is a SMD resistor marked "R10"

Do you know who manufactures this resistor?? And where can I buy a new one if the original is made veryfried produced by me?

Per.

P.S: To understand what is right, you must answer correct and truth. It´s not right by confuse and abuse truth about decoders!

Cool

UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Renato  
#90 Posted : 11 October 2014 20:11:15(UTC)
Renato

Italy   
Hi Per,

I found this: LINK

I think various manufacturers produce them, most of them located in China or other Far-east countries.

Maybe RS Components, Conrad and other companies sell them (but in large quantities I am afraid...).

Cheers

Renato
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Renato
Offline steventrain  
#91 Posted : 11 October 2014 20:12:15(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Topic need lock.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Purellum  
#92 Posted : 11 October 2014 20:23:04(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Sorry Renato, it was meant as a joke, and to show that even if we find out who makes the decoders,
we still don't know who makes the parts, and thus, in the end, we still know nothing.

Danish humour:

UserPostedImage

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Webmaster  
#93 Posted : 11 October 2014 20:26:39(UTC)
Webmaster

Well, topic is now locked.

But since there is a certain interest in who makes the x brand, I started a new similar topic in NMR...

Who makes Vauxhall and Chevrolet cars... ?

And of course this has to be added... -> Flapper
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#94 Posted : 11 October 2014 21:58:56(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Sorry, it was meant as a joke......

Hey, I got it!

Danish humour must be similar to Kiwi humour! ThumpUp