Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline H0  
#1 Posted : 22 September 2014 20:50:39(UTC)
H0

Hi!

Update:
The Cologne regulars’ table will hold a special meeting in co-operation with the regulars’ tables from Siegburg and Bedburg on Friday, November 21st, for visitors of the IMA.
So if you’re in town and have nothing planned for Friday night, you may join the Stammtisch. Admission is free. You can join us that evening without notifying us in advance, but we'd welcome a notification because we have to estimate how many seats we will need. The more seats we need, the less room will be left for the layout.
Those who already visited the IMA can tell us about interesting things at the IMA and they can run the items they may have bought at the IMA. Those who still want to go to the IMA can hear about interesting things to be found there.
And everybody can have a good time with some running trains.

Meeting will be held at "Zum Grinkenschmied". After leaving the IMA, you can take the streetcar line #4 heading to "Schlebusch" - there is a station at the eastern exit of the trade fair area. Leave the train at the station "Am Emberg".
Link to Google Map.
The station "Am Emberg" is on the left of the map. Just follow "Wupperweg" to the rail road crossing and go straight ahead (now a small path for pedestrians only), turn left at the end of the path and after a few steps you're at the "Wupperplatz" where you already see the pub "Zum Grinkenschmied" on the right.
The trade fair closes at 1800, the club meeting begins at 1830, but feel free to come any time later.
Please feel free to ask if you have any questions about the meeting.
(end of update)

Here’s a picture from the last club meeting ("Stammtisch" or regulars’ table) at Siegburg:
http://www.modellbahn-ge...el.de/ansicht/99-thomas/

The theme of the evening was "V 200 & Co."
More pictures will follow.

Feel free to upvote the picture - I need 20 points to enter a draw (sorry for spamming the forum - at least it is MRR related).

There are several Stammtische all over Germany (and a few in the Cologne area) - open for Insiders and Outsiders.
If you’re coming to Germany, maybe you can join a meeting.

A special meeting is planned for November 21st, 2014 at Cologne during the IMA this year. So if you’re in town and have nothing planned for Friday night, you may join the Stammtisch.

Edited by user 06 December 2014 22:14:25(UTC)  | Reason: Updated the title.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Alsterstreek  
#2 Posted : 23 September 2014 12:25:58(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
You just went from 6 to 7 points.
Wink

Is the layout under construction in the following slide yours?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Alsterstreek
H0
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#3 Posted : 23 September 2014 13:06:48(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
And we're up to 8! ThumpUp

Hey, I had to vote, as the V200 is my favourite German diesel locomotive, and there's a Gauge 1 version there as well!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
H0
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 23 September 2014 13:15:36(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Alsterstreek Go to Quoted Post
Is the layout under construction in the following slide yours?
No, I'm just the victim of a very popular name.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Alsterstreek  
#5 Posted : 23 September 2014 14:27:22(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Ah, yes Thomas (for boys) and Sabine (for girls) were the most popular first names in Germany in the 1950s/1960s.

Blink

http://www.beliebte-vorn...de/3772-1960er-jahre.htm
H0
Offline Webmaster  
#6 Posted : 25 September 2014 22:05:39(UTC)
Webmaster

I think I made it 10 now... Smile
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Webmaster
H0
Offline Webmaster  
#7 Posted : 25 September 2014 22:38:32(UTC)
Webmaster

A bit difficult initially to understand how to vote, but just press the Facebook button with "Gefällt mir" ("Like") and then press "Schliessen" in the FB dialog that comes up...

So, come on and let's vote Thomas into the finals, guys!!! Smile
It is after all a great V200 model collection shot...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
DVH0
Offline waorb  
#8 Posted : 26 September 2014 14:45:11(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   

ThumpUp

Cheers,

Walter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by waorb
H0
Offline Mark5  
#9 Posted : 10 October 2014 01:41:53(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
18! ... too late for your draw?

- M5
DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mark5
H0
Offline H0  
#10 Posted : 10 October 2014 08:55:21(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Mark5 Go to Quoted Post
too late for your draw?
Thanks everybody!
Deadline is November 7.

BTW: I got a second picture in the contest:
http://www.modellbahn-ge...thomas/sortiere/neueste/
And I consider adding a third (which still has to be taken or be found).
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Alsterstreek  
#11 Posted : 10 October 2014 10:38:41(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Yeah, a "Schlumpf" scene.
Are you competing with Ian of Scotland?
https://www.marklin-user...te-photo.aspx#post468556
H0
Offline H0  
#12 Posted : 10 October 2014 11:25:34(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Alsterstreek Go to Quoted Post
Are you competing with Ian of Scotland?
I ain't no competition for Ian - I only have one banana car.
It's an old picture I took years ago ...

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#13 Posted : 19 November 2014 08:12:31(UTC)
H0

Hi all!

The Cologne regulars’ table will hold a special meeting in co-operation with the regulars’ tables from Siegburg and Bedburg on Friday, November 21st, for visitors of the IMA.
So if you’re in town and have nothing planned for Friday night, you may join the Stammtisch. Admission is free. You can join us that evening without notifying us in advance, but we'd welcome a notification because we have to estimate how many seats we will need. The more seats we need, the less room will be left for the layout.
Those who already visited the IMA can tell us about interesting things at the IMA and they can run the items they may have bought at the IMA. Those who still want to go to the IMA can hear about interesting things to be found there.
And everybody can have a good time with some running trains.

Meeting will be held at "Zum Grinkenschmied". After leaving the IMA, you can take the streetcar line #4 heading to "Schlebusch" - there is a station at the eastern exit of the trade fair area. Leave the train at the station "Am Emberg".
Link to Google Map.
The station "Am Emberg" is on the left of the map. Just follow "Wupperweg" to the rail road crossing and go straight ahead (now a small path for pedestrians only), turn left at the end of the path and after a few steps you're at the "Wupperplatz" where you already see the pub "Zum Grinkenschmied" on the right.
The trade fair closes at 1800, the club meeting begins at 1830, but feel free to come any time later.
Please feel free to ask if you have any questions about the meeting.

A picture from an earlier Cologne meeting:
Meeting picture.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline kiwiAlan  
#14 Posted : 19 November 2014 10:54:53(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
I'm tempted. My wife and I are staying in Hilden, and I think she plans to go to Aachen Christmas Market on the Friday, so don't know if we will be back in time.

What time does the meeting finish?

Alan
Offline H0  
#15 Posted : 19 November 2014 15:26:17(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
What time does the meeting finish?
I'm pretty sure the meeting will go at least until 2200. It's Friday night and it may even last until 2300.
I think some participants will arrive after 1930.

Starting time is 1830 to allow people to go there directly from the IMA (which closes at 1800).
Regular meetings start at 1900 with some folks coming after 1930.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline kiwiAlan  
#16 Posted : 21 November 2014 23:19:01(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Thanks to Tom for the invite, my wife and I had an enjoyable evening meeting with the group in Cologne. Watched a few trains run around, and discussed various things with the members and visitors.

When I get some time to download some photos from my phone I'll pick one or two and post them.

For now its bed time, and away early to the IMA at Cologne Messe in the morning. BigGrin
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
H0NewMB
Offline H0  
#17 Posted : 06 December 2014 22:17:43(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Here’s a picture from the last club meeting ("Stammtisch" or regulars’ table) at Siegburg:
http://www.modellbahn-ge...el.de/ansicht/99-thomas/

The theme of the evening was "V 200 & Co."
More pictures will follow.

Feel free to upvote the picture - I need 20 points to enter a draw (sorry for spamming the forum - at least it is MRR related).
My photo got 24 points, enough to enter the draw. A few points came from this forum - thank you very much, highly appreciated.

In the draw I won the third price - a very colourful Faller building.
I didn't open the box yet - the photo shows the Faller building displayed at the IMA Cologne.
H0 attached the following image(s):
imafaller.jpg
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline H0  
#18 Posted : 06 December 2014 22:23:51(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Thanks to Tom for the invite, my wife and I had an enjoyable evening meeting with the group in Cologne.
Thanks for joining us.

There are plans to make another special meeting during the IMA 2016 - but probably Saturday night, not Friday night.

And anybody coming to town can also join the regular meetings (next meeting December 30, 2014 - and beginning 2015 meetings will be held on the second Tuesday each month beginning January 13, 2015).
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0