Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Janne75  
#1 Posted : 22 September 2014 20:22:17(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi all,

I have two Märklin sound wagons. Märklin 49962 with many steam locomotive sounds and Märklin 49964 with many diesel locomotive sounds. I really like both as they have more space inside for a good size loudspeaker and there are more space for producing good sound. However I would like to ask how could I synchronize steam locomotive running sound with a steam loco without sound or a few sounds? And diesel locomotive running sound with a diesel loco without sound or just a few sounds?

Both wagons are mfx and could be used with mfx locos without sound from the factory. I have used these earlier so that the loco has been operated with another control knob and the wagon with another in CS2. But I had to adjust the sound wagons "operating sounds speed" to suit the loco speed. This is not very easy and I would get much more enjoyment of these if this adjustment would happen with only one control knob. If I have understood right it should be possible to somehow set them as "pairs" and be operated so that only loco speed or sound wagon speed knob could be adjusted and the other one would synchronize with it.

How is this possible if it is possible? What CV´s have to be changed or something else? All help is appreciated ThumpUp .

I will get maybe tomorrow that Märklin 39015 DB BR 01 mfx with only whistle sound and it would be a good candidate to go with the 49962 steam loco sound wagon. Then it could have 13 sounds ThumpUp . Most of my diesels are not with mfx decoders as they are fx. If this sound synchronizing is possible with locos without mfx it is then even better. I think I have only Märklin 29820 DB BR V160 026 with sounds of it´s own and mfx.

Many thanks in advance! Smile

Best regards,
Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 22 September 2014 20:28:53(UTC)
H0

Hi, Janne,

The sound cars have ordinary loco decoders.

What you need is IIRC called "multiple unit" in the CS2. Make a double-heading of loco and sound car and control both with one speed knob.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Janne75  
#3 Posted : 22 September 2014 20:34:02(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, Janne,

The sound cars have ordinary loco decoders.

What you need is IIRC called "multiple unit" in the CS2. Make a double-heading of loco and sound car and control both with one speed knob.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your fast reply. I know that the decoders are normal, maybe ESU LokSound mfx decoders for Märklin? My problem is I don´t know how to do that double-heading of loco and sound car as I have never done it even with two locos. It should be simple, but I don´t know how to do it. I will try to search some info, but if it is easy to explain I would be very glad Smile . When I know how to do it I will go to my train room and test this immediately.

Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 22 September 2014 20:54:15(UTC)
H0

Press "+", select "Create M. U. set".
H0 attached the following image(s):
cs2_new_loco_en.png
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Janne75  
#5 Posted : 22 September 2014 20:58:39(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Thanks Tom! I have seen that "Create M.U. Set" but now I know what it really means. Now it´s time for some testing in my train room RollEyes .

Janne
Offline Janne75  
#6 Posted : 22 September 2014 22:01:08(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi again,

It works perfectly and I´m really excited Cool . I created M.U. set of 39103 DB BR 01.10 and 49962 as I don´t like this locos running sound. Märklin made first this 49962 steam loco sound wagon and they have the first function buttons F1-F4 assigned for steam loco sound wagon. Not a big problem and it depends of the loco used in the M.U. set, but in this case when steam loco running sound is on from 49962 then at the same time smoke unit is on in 39103. Another function of the 49962 puts on and off 39103´s running gear lights. I think this can be modified by adjusting the function icons behaviour from the 49962 with CS2. As the horn sound sets the running gear lights off when the sound ends I can maybe adjust this function to "stay on" even when the actual sound ends.

In the 49964 diesel sound wagon the first function buttons F1-F4 have no sounds or functions. This is good as then some locos first function buttons can be used + all these extra sounds from the 49964. I created another M.U. set of 29811 DB BR 221 and 49964. Now this "loco" has many new sounds!

I´m surprised I had not "discovered" this M.U. set thing before, but I´m really glad I asked and Tom helped me. I think I will do many M.U. sets as they can be on a separate page in the loco list when all of them starts with letter M. All my diesel locos names starts with letter D (diesel), all my electric locos names starts with letter E (electric) and steam locos names starts with letter S (steam). This way they are easy to find as there are over 100 locos in the list.

Cheers,
Janne Smile
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 22 September 2014 22:10:51(UTC)
H0

I am not sure, but I think you can still switch functions with the individual locos. Turn on sound for the coach, then select the M. U. set for driving.

The coach 49962 should have an unlocked ESU mfx decoder (you can even upload new sounds) while 49964 has a locked decoder.
With the CS2 you can move functions to different keys with both of them.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Janne75  
#8 Posted : 25 September 2014 21:41:17(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi all,

This evening I made a M.U. set from 39015 DB BR 01 147 (mfx, SDS motor and only powerful steam whistle sound) and 49962 steam locomotive sound wagon. I measured this M.U. sets speed and adjusted locomotive and sound wagons speedo to show the correct speed in 1:87 scale. I had to adjust also the speed curves to get the speedo to show correct scale speed from around 30 km/h to 140 km/h. It is difficult to get this right. Then I adjusted also steam locomotive sound wagons scuffs so it looks correct. I'm now more than happy with these Smile . In my opinion these sound wagons need a silent motor loco to get great results. This one with SDS is very silent. I paid only 156 euros for this 39015 and now it has many sounds to play with in this. M.U. set. All well synchronised and speedos show correct scale speeds.

This is my favorite combo now. It only needs a smoke unit to be perfect. Wub

RollEyes

Regards,
Janne