Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Tex  
#1 Posted : 16 September 2014 00:00:23(UTC)
Tex

United States   
Confused Confused something has just happened and i need advice on how to proceed. I have 14 digital 76XXX marklin signals on my layout. They are controled by a keyboard with a memory unit attached. I was doing some revisios to the layout some weeks ago when i pulled the attachment plug out of a 76383 distance signal which went dark. Just got around to repairing it today. i pluged it in the wrong outlet and it caused the lights to flash on the 6021 control unit when power was restored. I turned everything off and corrected the connection. This time the signal went on correctly as did all the other signals. The problem was that the keyboard lights went dead as did the memory unit. train operation and track switches are antalog and not were not affected

this is a serious situation as a number of signals are frozen in the stop position and the engines cannot pass through. I have used these signals for years and have been pleased with there operation. I have a replacement keyboard if that is where the problem lies. Confused

Tex
Offline Tex  
#2 Posted : 16 September 2014 06:34:38(UTC)
Tex

United States   
Well I found the problem and it was me. The bus connection had damaged pins and the 6021 controler and the keyboard could not connect. Straightened out the pins enough to make the connection and all is fine. I pnic when the problem is digital, however, a mechanical repair took care of it.

Tex