Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline sjlauritsen  
#1 Posted : 10 September 2014 10:04:06(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Hey guys!

Is the emergency stop on Märklin Digital confined to a booster area? Meaning if a locomotive is causing an emergency stop in an area monitored by a booster (#60174), will the emergency stop be confined to that area or will it stop the entire layout (across booster borders)?
Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
H0
Offline Drongo  
#2 Posted : 10 September 2014 14:58:39(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
From my experience the emergency stop button on the CS2 stops everything.

Regards
Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline witzlerh  
#3 Posted : 10 September 2014 17:09:55(UTC)
witzlerh

Canada   
With CS2 and booster. The Emergency stop kills power to everything on rails, including those on Booster section...at least with Marklin boosters.
Harald
CS2 DB & Canadian Era 3-6
Offline NZMarklinist  
#4 Posted : 10 September 2014 17:21:40(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Soren didn't mention the button, I think he meant the stop in case of a short circuit in a booster area Blink

Anyway, I too would like to know if a short circuit in CS2 with several 60147 boosted areas, will just cut out the local booster (ahem; as it does with Ecos & Boosters )
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline sjlauritsen  
#5 Posted : 10 September 2014 20:34:05(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post
Soren didn't mention the button, I think he meant the stop in case of a short circuit in a booster area

Yes, that was what I meant. Smile My idea was to operate accessory decoders in a separate booster area, thus still being able to operate them in case something happens.

Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
Offline clapcott  
#6 Posted : 10 September 2014 22:02:58(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Hi Søren

The strict answer to your question is "A short within a booster section will only remove power from that section"

In practical and operational terms however this is a total red herring and the effective answer might just as well be that it affects the whole layout by making it either unusable until a resolution is made or needing to restart (stop/go) the layout to restore power. Workarounds do exist if you want to complicate operational procedures.
Peter
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline NZMarklinist  
#7 Posted : 11 September 2014 18:25:14(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
I believe the correct Control solution with boosters and to have best redundancy, is what I learned from the late Wolfgang Leitenberger ! of Eisenbahn Clinic and ETE fame

That is; that track power should be thru a booster/s, and switches and signals (and their decoders) only, should be connected to the Central Station. This allows redundancy in case of derailment particularly with a multibooster setup and protects your Central Station from spike inducing shorts, caused by the likes of derailments, that have already been know to "mess up" the brain of said CS, particularly CS2.

When he told me, I thought it was thoroughly logical, and will be how my layout is set up and powered. I believe Woolfgang passed away before the CS2 was released, Unsure but he meant any brand of Central Station. Woolfgang was a Marklinist but a great ESU fan and agent in San Francisco thru his "business" Eisenbahn Clinic. He took over as USA West area Marklin repair agent from Jacques, when he left for France nine years ago !

Anyhow, for me, I will have the main layout running areas as one booster area, The BTW and roundhouse etc. as another and the Hidden Station and helix as the third booster area. The function decoders for switches signals and layout features only, connected to the CS.
Hmmm should my Coaling Station be on the BTW section booster power then Confused Blushing probably should ! Wink Smile
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by NZMarklinist