Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline NS1200  
#101 Posted : 11 January 2015 12:44:48(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
Well everybody else has had a go at some wildly hopeful entrants for Marklins new year development tasks, so here is my entry.

UserPostedImage]

This is a Swedish (SJ) class 1200 built around 1915 by... wait for it ..... yes NOHAB.. There were 11 of them.
They sold them to the Danish State Railways in 1937, where they were exceedingly successful with large 1.9m driving wheels.
(Picture their ground, the flat terrain of Denmark).

At DSB they were known as Litra E, and they built an extra 25 of them in 1942-1950.
So Marklin could do it in Swedish grey, Swedish black, and DSB black.

regards
Kimball

Dear Kimball,

A Dutch steamclub called ZLSM in the South-East of Holland has a couple of nice running Swedish steamers,including one in color lightblue(!),looking at the boilerdomes it must be a class 1200.
The driverscabin reminds me of the one so typical for the Bavarian S3/6.
I was on visit a couple of years back and can testify their steamers are very well kept.

Cheers,
Paul.
Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline kimballthurlow  
#102 Posted : 11 January 2015 21:37:26(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: NS1200 Go to Quoted Post

Dear Kimball,

A Dutch steamclub called ZLSM in the South-East of Holland has a couple of nice running Swedish steamers,including one in color lightblue(!),looking at the boilerdomes it must be a class 1200.
The driverscabin reminds me of the one so typical for the Bavarian S3/6.
I was on visit a couple of years back and can testify their steamers are very well kept.

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi Paul,
Thanks for giving me the link - that is really interesting.

The Dutch example is #1220, and was also built by Nohab.
Yes I would say it is Swedish, but it is a 4-6-0 (the one I mentioned is a 4-6-2).

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline kimballthurlow  
#103 Posted : 11 January 2015 22:16:41(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi,
From the same Dutch museum to which Paul linked, this 2-8-0 is in operation.
It is Swedish #1040, built by NOHAB in 1910.

Notice it has inside cylinders - no outside complex motion. Very simple to build a model.

UserPostedImage
regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline kimballthurlow  
#104 Posted : 17 January 2015 02:25:00(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi,
I notice in the New Items 2015 catalogue (PDF) they show a few items as "Reissued"
Example the era III banana car 49759.
I guess this means it will have the same number as the earlier issue.
Otherwise Marklin would promote "Different number".

Anyway, I would like to see a re-issue of the 46274 in different numbers and versions.
It is a really nicely modelled typical closed goods van.
I believe (but have no proof) that these were purchased and used by large numbers of railways throughout Europe.

regards
Kimball
Offline foumaro  
#105 Posted : 17 January 2015 03:34:50(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
A good idea is three pakets of cars including two or three cars each with different raod numbers.With low cost you can have a nice train.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by foumaro
Offline NZMarklinist  
#106 Posted : 18 January 2015 05:30:26(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
I'd be surprised to see M make either of those nice Danish, made in Sweden steamers .Sad

Thanks for the video link Paul. ThumpUp

However as those brown boxcars in the Insider Set from last year M47321 include some that are new tooling, with doors on the ends, (I have the set) I would expect M to come out with a multiple set of these as they did with the dump car Set 46353 which IIANM are taken from the same " New Tooling" mould as they appeared in the Insider Sets 46350/46351.

Kimball and Payanotis' wish is the one most likely to come true, and I may buy a set of them myself Wink

Ian will have to order a "case" of 49759 to add to his bunch. (are banana jokes allowed here Blushing )
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by NZMarklinist