Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline tulit  
#1 Posted : 05 September 2014 21:13:01(UTC)
tulit

Canada   
From the 2014 Fall new Items.

Major addition is complete PC control this Fall.

Quote:
30 Jahre jung: Märklin Digital hat vor drei Jahrzehnten die Modellbahnwelt revolutioniert und bietet weiterhin
viele Entwicklungsmöglichkeiten. Heute sorgen eine Vielzahl an Bedienmöglichkeiten (allein 16 verschiedene
Lokfunktionen), individuell einspielbare Soundfi les oder die Überwachung und Simulation von Betriebsparametern
für eine einzigartige Erlebniswelt.
Mit dem Update 3.8, das ab Herbst 2014 allen Modellbahnern zur Verfügung steht, kommen weitere Möglich-
keiten dazu: Fünf neue virtuelle Führerstände für Lokklassiker wie den Gläsernen Zug, Erzlok Dm, Serie 1200,
Koploper und ölgefeuerte Dampfl oks. Ein Highlight der besonderen Art: Die PC-Version der Central Station. Die
komplette Funktionalität der Central Station kann dann auf dem PC abgerufen werden. Dazu gibt es zusätzliche
Features wie eine Masterfunktion zur Anlagenkonfi guration. Auch mehrere Fahrpult-, Keyboard-, Memory- und
Gleisbildfenster sind am PC gleichzeitig darstellbar, zudem ist die Fenstergröße der Gleisbilder skalierbar und
auch mehrere Spieleweltfahrpulte lassen sich parallel aufrufen

Bad google translation:
Quote:
The update 3.8, which is available to all model railroaders available from autumn 2014, there are further possibilities
opportunities to: Five new virtual cabs for Lokklassiker as the Crystal train, Erzlok Dm, 1200 Series,
Koploper and oil-fired Dampfl oks. A special highlight: The PC version of the Central Station. the
complete functionality of the Central Station can be accessed on the PC. There are additional
Features such as a master function for system configuration Chocolatiers. Several Fahrpult-, keyboard, memory and
Track image window can be displayed simultaneously on the PC, also the window size of the track images is scalable and
also several games world cabs can be called in parallel.
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by tulit
Offline sjlauritsen  
#2 Posted : 05 September 2014 21:51:49(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Quote:
30 Jahre jung: Märklin Digital hat vor drei Jahrzehnten die Modellbahnwelt revolutioniert und bietet weiterhin
viele Entwicklungsmöglichkeiten. Heute sorgen eine Vielzahl an Bedienmöglichkeiten (allein 16 verschiedene
Lokfunktionen), individuell einspielbare Soundfi les oder die Überwachung und Simulation von Betriebsparametern
für eine einzigartige Erlebniswelt.
Mit dem Update 3.8, das ab Herbst 2014 allen Modellbahnern zur Verfügung steht, kommen weitere Möglich-
keiten dazu: Fünf neue virtuelle Führerstände für Lokklassiker wie den Gläsernen Zug, Erzlok Dm, Serie 1200,
Koploper und ölgefeuerte Dampfl oks. Ein Highlight der besonderen Art: Die PC-Version der Central Station. Die
komplette Funktionalität der Central Station kann dann auf dem PC abgerufen werden. Dazu gibt es zusätzliche
Features wie eine Masterfunktion zur Anlagenkonfi guration. Auch mehrere Fahrpult-, Keyboard-, Memory- und
Gleisbildfenster sind am PC gleichzeitig darstellbar, zudem ist die Fenstergröße der Gleisbilder skalierbar und
auch mehrere Spieleweltfahrpulte lassen sich parallel aufrufen

This is my, hopefully not that bad, translation:

"30 years young: Over three decades Märklin Digital has revolutionized the model railroad world and offers a lot of possibilities for expansion and development.
Today, a variety of options for layout control (16 different locomotive functions alone), custom sound files or the monitoring and simulation of
operational parameters provide an unique experience.

Even more possibilities are included with the 3.8 update, available fall 2014 for all model railroaders: Five new driver's cabs for locomotive classics like
the Glass Train, iron ore train, series 1200, Koploper and oil powered steam locomotives.

A special feature worth noticing is the PC version of the Central Station. With it, the complete functionality of the Central Station can be brought to the PC. Including special options like a "Master mode" for configuring layouts.
More than one Driver's cab-, Keyboard-, Memory- and Track Plan windows can be shown simultaneously on the PC. The size of the Track Plan window is scaleable and more track plans
can be shown side by side."
Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
thanks 12 users liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
Offline franciscohg  
#3 Posted : 05 September 2014 22:42:07(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Looking at the pictures in the brochure, it will be nice to have loco control, keyboard, layout and memory in the same screen.
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline Hackcell  
#4 Posted : 06 September 2014 02:24:49(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
Looking forward for the layout designing tool via PC. Maybe this will include rocrail-style functions :-))
Danilo Jiménez
Union Pacific and DB Cargo H0 models.
Märklin, Brawa, MTH and some Walthers cars (nobody is perfect!)
Pinball machines, jukeboxes and Horses.
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#5 Posted : 06 September 2014 10:14:28(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
I have always wished that you could hook up with remote desktop against CS2. The last response I received to the question was that there is no need to connect the PC when we have apps for iPhone and Android Confused

UserPostedImage
So it will now be standalone apps software for Win computer that must be purchased to enables connect Mad

For me, driving the cab is a ridiculous idea, because I try to minimize the time of ending up in front of CS2, and instead involving me what’s happens on the layout.

Free as a bird and lets TrainController take control of CS2 LOL

Edited by user 06 September 2014 14:34:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm
Offline Renato  
#6 Posted : 06 September 2014 10:24:14(UTC)
Renato

Italy   
Hi,

I think an additional box with Hardware to be connected to the PC (Ethernet connection?) will be needed too.

And I bet the total cost Hardware + Software will be comparable to the CS2 cost...Cursing

Cheers

Renato
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 06 September 2014 10:40:44(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Renato Go to Quoted Post
I think an additional box with Hardware to be connected to the PC (Ethernet connection?) will be needed too.
I think it's as Jonas wrote: the "Central Station" app was ported from iOS to PC (whatever PC means here: Windows, Linux, OS X, whatever).

I didn't read anywhere that this PC app would be free. So let's wait how much they ask for it.

So you need a CS2, a PC, and the "Central Station" app. Connect PC and CS2 via Ethernet and you can take advantage of the big PC screen.

I heard from people who hardly use the CS2 because they drive their trains from an iPad. This way you can control 8 locos at the same time - or four locos and two keyboards - or other combinations.

A Windows tablet with touchscreen may be more comfortable than a mouse-operated PC. We will see when it's there.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Renato  
#8 Posted : 06 September 2014 12:06:03(UTC)
Renato

Italy   
Hi Tom,

You are right ! ThumpUp

Thank you for your clarification, I was thinking something else...

If my thoughts were true, the CS2 would no longer be necessary.

Cheers

Renato
Offline AshleyH  
#9 Posted : 06 September 2014 18:48:09(UTC)
AshleyH

United Kingdom   
I think there is potential for a new CS3 box, which is just that a box, that sits between the PC and/or tablets and martphones, and has all the connections that the CS2 has, but no screen.

Rather like a Roco Z21 then........

Hmm. maybe
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by AshleyH
Offline sjlauritsen  
#10 Posted : 06 September 2014 21:52:43(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: AshleyH Go to Quoted Post
I think there is potential for a new CS3 box, which is just that a box, that sits between the PC and/or tablets and martphones, and has all the connections that the CS2 has, but no screen.

Eventually it will go there. I am sure of it. The hardware is faster and more powerfull on the current tablet/phone lineup than the CS2. Not that it matters much if you optimize what ever software you put in there, but I guess it is still cheaper developing for tablets than for your own hardware-setup.

To me the problem is the supported platforms. It can quickly become a mess if you decide to go for platform A and B, but not C. I for one have a Windows setup at home (phone, tablet, pc). I cannot use any of Märklin's apps or Roco's apps for that matter. I can of course use the CS2 and MS2, but I have no way of enjoying the full potential of the Z21, simply because it does not have a suitable mobile controller or Windows Phone app. I think the Z21 is a bit ahead of its time. It is a bold move to require the purchasers of digital start sets to have either an Android- or iPhone. At least Märklin/Trix throws in a Mobile Station in their digital sets.

I know that Roco have the MultiMouse, but it was there before the Z21 and thus does not really give me any additional features that it did not already have. They removed it from a lot of start sets and replaced it with the white z21 (small z) and this also kinds of ruin the joy of buying a start set for me. Before I would get an additional controller, some track and a train. Now I get an additional z21 (no use for it). I know, you may say that I am not the target group for start sets, but I do find it nice to buy a start set once in a while. I mean, who in here does not like to bring home a big box of trains... Wink

Søren from Denmark
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
Offline jeehring  
#11 Posted : 07 September 2014 15:25:26(UTC)
jeehring

Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
Looking at the pictures in the brochure, it will be nice to have loco control, keyboard, layout and memory in the same screen.
...to have them on a single screen, excepted MFX+ CAB-Control.was possible on I-Pad already, don't you think so ? ( probably not in the same way..I don't have Apple tabs...not yet)

I Wonder which OS will be compatible....Window 7, window 8....or older window OS ?
It could work with mouse or/and recent PC touch screen may be...?
Offline jeehring  
#12 Posted : 07 September 2014 15:39:49(UTC)
jeehring

Originally Posted by: Renato Go to Quoted Post
Hi Tom,

You are right ! ThumpUp

Thank you for your clarification, I was thinking something else...

If my thoughts were true, the CS2 would no longer be necessary.

Cheers

Renato

I find a CS2 really necessary, I need those nice control knobs....and CS2 offers a more compact complementary screen , 2 screens = means more comfort...
Marklin Digital offers you so many options, so many ways of control.....Marklin Digital is now the most accomplished system in a very original way (just for trains, ....the most "train minded)
With this system they can still go further in their developments...
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by jeehring
Offline FrankF  
#13 Posted : 11 September 2014 13:00:10(UTC)
FrankF

Denmark   
Hello to all of you

I Think that Marklin will be putting a VNC-Server into the Marklin CS2, just like ESU just have made with the ESU ECOS from Firmware-version 4.0.0, where they have a builtin
VNC-Server in ECOS and a VNC-Client written in JAVA, which can be used on a Computer to communicate with the CS2.
With this you can have one or more Computers that can communicate with CS2 at the same time.

The CS2 Supports Java-Applications and there is already one JAVA-Program on the Marklin CS2 :
http://192.168.1.100/betatest/CS2analyse.jnlp (replace the IP-Address with the one you are using).

We will have to wait and see, what solution Marklin decides to put into the CS2 with the V3.8.x Software when it can be downloaded from the Marklin-Server.

CS3+ 60216 ( SW:2.5.2 ) - MASTER / CS2 60215 ( SW:4.3.0 ) - SLAVE
MS2 60653/57 ( SW:4.13 ) / MS1 60652 ( SW:1.8AP ) / 60883 S88 LINK ( SW:1.1 )
MDT 3 (SW 3.6.0) - HW: 60970 / 60971 / 60801
ESU LOKPROGRAMMER ( SW 5.2.6 ) / ESU HW: 53451 / 53900 / 53901
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by FrankF
Offline franciscohg  
#14 Posted : 11 September 2014 16:17:21(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Originally Posted by: jeehring Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
...to have them on a single screen, excepted MFX+ CAB-Control.was possible on I-Pad already, don't you think so ? ( probably not in the same way..I don't have Apple tabs...not yet)

I Wonder which OS will be compatible....Window 7, window 8....or older window OS ?
It could work with mouse or/and recent PC touch screen may be...?

Hi, dont have any i-thingie, dont plan to have one neither, but i am using RemoteCS2 for android, and you can have many controls on the screen, but always a little one.
I think that a big touchscreen, with all your controls viewable at a good size, is a very nice thing. if it works on a PC, it will work with the touchscreen since that is a capablity of your PC, not of the software you are using.
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline Hackcell  
#15 Posted : 11 September 2014 18:28:46(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
I would use the PC screen only to control a big layout. If I wanted to see the cab on a screen, I wouldn't be buying model locomotives and I'd be buying a loco simulator instead.

That's my two cents about it :-)
Danilo Jiménez
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Hackcell
Offline steventrain  
#16 Posted : 25 September 2014 14:29:46(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I have email from Marklin the next update to 3.8 due end of November or early December.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline sjlauritsen  
#17 Posted : 26 September 2014 07:26:03(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: FrankF Go to Quoted Post
I Think that Marklin will be putting a VNC-Server into the Marklin CS2, just like ESU just have made with the ESU ECOS from Firmware-version 4.0.0, where they have a builtin
VNC-Server in ECOS and a VNC-Client written in JAVA, which can be used on a Computer to communicate with the CS2.

I really hope not. I think a solution like a VNC server is a gimmick, all it really does is letting you have the screen of the CS2 on the computer. IMO needing Java feels like going back to the 90'es.

The text in the catalogue gives the impression that the CS2 software on the pc will be able to do more than just show whatever is on the CS2 screen. I hope it will be some stand alone software that I can install and connect to the CS2 - because I bet I will need a CS2 no matter what the outcome will be. Smile

We will just have to wait and see. Smile
Søren from Denmark
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
Offline Hackcell  
#18 Posted : 26 September 2014 20:00:14(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
Who knows? Perhaps M will come out with a rocrail - style software.
Danilo Jiménez
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
Offline H0  
#19 Posted : 27 September 2014 08:09:33(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Hackcell Go to Quoted Post
Who knows? Perhaps M will come out with a rocrail - style software.
We don't know.
But we know what they did for iThingies and Android - and the newly announced PC software seems to be pretty the same.

Maybe they even used a cross-platform development environment that allows them to share code between iOS, Android, and Windows.

They didn't announce any sort of automatic layout control, did they?
So IMHO there is no reason to expect functionality of WinDigipet or RocRail or similar tools in the Märklin program announced so far.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#20 Posted : 27 September 2014 08:17:20(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: sjlauritsen Go to Quoted Post
IMO needing Java feels like going back to the 90'es.
You don't need Java - any VNC client will do.
But the screenshot does not look like it is using VNC.

VNC is an open standard. You can use Linux or Windows Phone and many other operating systems to access the ECoS via VNC. Limited functionality, but with support for many platforms (because it's an "industrial standard").
But a certain dearly beloved toy maker prefers to re-invent the wheel instead of implementing industrial standards ...
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline sjlauritsen  
#21 Posted : 27 September 2014 15:28:07(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
You don't need Java - any VNC client will do.

That is of course true. I just do not think your average model railroader will know about that. They will go to the Ecos internal website and run it from there. That way, you will need Java (and all the malware it brings to your computer *I'm looking at you Ask.com toolbar*. Personally, I think that sucks, but that is my opinion.

But a certain dearly beloved toy maker prefers to re-invent the wheel instead of implementing industrial standards ...

LOL. Sounds like you really dislike them. Wink Using a VNC client (or any remote desktop for that matter) IMO is not the comparable to using stand-alone software (if that is what Märklin is doing, we do not know of course). With stand-alone software you can do much more native stuff quicker and smoother than a remote desktop will ever be able to do. Just responding to a touch interface can be a pain if the data needs to be transferred over the network and handled by the Central Station. I can understand if they would choose a different approach.
Søren from Denmark
Offline sjlauritsen  
#22 Posted : 27 September 2014 15:36:25(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
They didn't announce any sort of automatic layout control, did they?
So IMHO there is no reason to expect functionality of WinDigipet or RocRail or similar tools in the Märklin program announced so far.

They announced "the Central Station software on your pc". At best, it is some sort of emulator-thingy that will run the Central Station software on a pc, but with the option to do more on larger screens. Second best, a port of the iOS software. I have seen screenshots of the Central Station in a Windows XP chrome, so they do have something going and have had for years. Perhaps they just dusted it off it for public release.

My personal prediction: Emulator-thingy. I would expect it to be just as having two Central Stations. I would also expect it not to work without at least one real Central Station connected to the tracks.

We will just have to wait and see. Cool

I would also expect this to be the baby-steps in releasing a Central Station without a screen at all some time in the future.
Søren from Denmark
Offline H0  
#23 Posted : 27 September 2014 17:16:21(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: sjlauritsen Go to Quoted Post
Using a VNC client (or any remote desktop for that matter) IMO is not the comparable to using stand-alone software
Both ECoS and CS2 can be controlled via Ethernet (TCP/IP). I guess this is what Märklin will be using for the new application, this is what WinDigipet and other programs are using. Märklin offer apps for iOS and Android that use this interface to use the CS2.

Besides that ECoS can be controlled via VNC.

The former approach requires special client software for every operating system. VNC clients exist for many operating systems.
Thus the latter approach instantly brings support for many operating systems, but somewhat limited.
The former approach can do more - provided you get a client program for your "device".
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline sjlauritsen  
#24 Posted : 27 September 2014 20:16:37(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
operating system. VNC clients exist for many operating systems.
Thus the latter approach instantly brings support for many operating systems, but somewhat limited.
The former approach can do more - provided you get a client program for your "device".

Yes? I am perfectly aware of that, I don't know why you are telling me this. Cool

Anyway, it will be fun to see what they come up with. Smile
Søren from Denmark
Offline steventrain  
#25 Posted : 12 November 2014 22:13:27(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Google Translate.

Update of the central station 60213 60215 on software version 3.8.

Soon, the update will be on the software version 3.8 for the central station 60213 60215 available. While initially only will be making the update via the Internet. A short time later but then again is the download version for an update via a USB stick available.

With this update are 5 new cabs for the mfx + ® *-operation made available. Thus the buyer of a glass train, the locomotive of the ore may be DM, 1200 Series, the Koploper or offers of oil-fired steam locomotives on suitable operating environments in the mfx + ® * game mode. The number of different cabs in the mfx + ® * mode has thus quadrupled compared to last year.

Note: Model Railroaders who want to use the new s88 - family (E.G. link s88 No. 60883) decoder on your system, must play to be sure at least this software version 3.8 on the central station for a trouble-free operation.

In a small number of Central station it happened when the update via the USB-stick unfortunately, that serial number in the memory has been deleted. A tool in the current update checks this and will, if necessary, correct this entry. This intermediate step is active only when the affected devices.

Follow these steps when updating:

1. the Central Station via a LAN cable directly to a router that is connected to the Internet.

Now only 2.Schalten the central station one.

3.Bei of current software version 3.6 or 3.7 on the device switch in the menu "Setup" and press the "Power" button there. The system automatically determines which new data are available. Once this information is available, the "Start" button can be selected at the beginning of the data transfer.

4.Die the following data transfer may take longer depending on the amount of data (up to 45 minutes). When this step is completed, then necessarily press the button 'continue' on the screen. So, the update is implemented and completed. Also this operation with automatic restart of the unit can take again some minutes.

Who owns a software version prior to 3.6 on his device to update twice this. In the first pass, he receives the new interface for the update as described above.

Whether an update was successful can easily be checked in Setup version. A new version number is in the second line you may be sure that all necessary steps have been successfully completed.

Central Station now on the PC

Also the software appears parallel to the update of the central station, to accommodate a computer as an additional control unit into the overall system. In Windows, Linux, or MAC computers are supported. The computer takes over the functionality of a central station, but without a power unit to supply the plant. The following points are worth noting in practice:

1.Das layout in Central station is optimally matched to the size of the screen of this unit. A but a still larger display area available on a corresponding computer screen, the layout is scalable. More items at the same time appear on a screen at the central station as it therefore may wish.

2.bei you can open multiple Windows PC. It can at the appropriate screen size also several layouts, driving, or consoles are displayed at the same time.

3.Dieses program can be used also without connected system for training purposes. This is a good help, get to know the different ways of operation of the central station.

4.Tipp: to establish certain elements (E.g. label the solenoid accessory in the keyboard), the PC can be a comfortable input alternative to the central station.

The LAN connection is used to connect the PC to the central station, which belongs to the standard connections for today's computer. Is the PC directly via a cable connected to the central station, this cable must be a cross-over cable. The two devices are, however, integrated into an existing network, then normal LAN cable between the CS and the HUB, or between the PC and the HUB are used. These LAN cables are available in computer stores in standard. Therefore, these are not offered by Märklin.

Locomotive pictures on the central station play Two different ways are possible since the update to version 3.7.

1.Das update was conducted via a USB stick.

In this case, a file cs2\import\icons on the USB-stick was applied from the central station at the update. In this file, the new images to a PC are now copied. Please note that these may have a maximum size of about 8 KB and must be in png format.

This USB stick now insert into the USB socket of the central station. In the "Setup" menu you now restart the update via the button "USB flash drive". First, the system checks in which new information is available. By pressing the button "Start", then starts the update process. It transmitted then the new locomotive images from a USB stick in the central station. Important: at the end necessarily "Next" press the button. Then please shut down the central station and these new images start again, so then also active are.

2.Das update was conducted over the Internet

In this case the folder cs2\import\icons on a USB-stick please refer to a PC (maximum capacity 8 GB!) a. It is important to note the case of the individual letters. Now please copy the new image data in this folder.

Insert the USB flash drive now in the central station. Make the connection to a router with a LAN cable is connected to Internet. Now turn the central station.

Now, invoke the update via the "network" in "Setup". The update works now analog described under case 1. The procedure runs off through the network, accesses but at the decisive moment (step 14) image data, are located on the USB-stick. Here too it is necessary to stop the process with the button "Next" and a subsequent reboot like at each update.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 10 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Hackcell  
#26 Posted : 30 November 2014 20:57:53(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
November (and almost the autumn) is gone and no update in sight.

:-(
Danilo Jiménez
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
Offline steventrain  
#27 Posted : 30 November 2014 22:22:00(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   

It will be go ahead early December if test successful at Marklin but I will check with M tomorrow!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#28 Posted : 30 November 2014 22:40:01(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   

Patience young Padawan, Patience!
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline GDJTrain65  
#29 Posted : 01 December 2014 14:25:32(UTC)
GDJTrain65

Sweden   
Just updated my CS60215 . As far I can tell for the moment ( havent got time to test more in depth right now ) , everything seems to be in order.

http://www.maerklin.de/d...ds/software_updates.html
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by GDJTrain65
Offline steventrain  
#30 Posted : 01 December 2014 16:53:49(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Update successful.

But some 60174 booster(s) not turn on after update and reboot but shutdown the CS2/Boosters and unplug for a minute then plug in and the CS2 is on and open window message show on CS2 screen update to booster(s) and then all boosters working OK.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline steventrain  
#31 Posted : 01 December 2014 17:10:59(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
How can I get to PC after update 3.8??
Offline franciscohg  
#32 Posted : 01 December 2014 17:23:06(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
updating in progress now, but cant find where to donwload the PC software..
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline steventrain  
#33 Posted : 01 December 2014 19:36:45(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Nothing on PC but I will contact Marklin again.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Hackcell  
#34 Posted : 01 December 2014 19:46:02(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
Nothing on PC but I will contact Marklin again.

Since the computer software seems to be cross-platform I would suppose it is Java based. Having said that, I guess it is accesible via web browser. The 64K question is what's the URL?

http://cs2-ip-address/the-software

Danilo Jiménez
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
Offline Nigel Packer  
#35 Posted : 02 December 2014 15:28:10(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   

But some 60174 booster(s) not turn on after update and reboot but shutdown the CS2/Boosters and unplug for a minute then plug in and the CS2 is on and open window message show on CS2 screen update to booster(s) and then all boosters working OK.

Yes, it seems that only one TFP will be updated at a time. After the TFP update, the boot process does not continue, so the CS2 must be shut down and restarted. Effectively, this means you have to power off and reboot once per booster you have, in my case quite a few times (though some of my boosters are up-level even compared with this new update)!

I think this new mini-bug has been introduced with this update, because multiple boosters could always be updated together with previous versions.

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline steventrain  
#36 Posted : 02 December 2014 17:53:41(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
CS2 on PC not ready until M send more software next months.

https://www.marklin-user...S2-on-PC.aspx#post475002
Offline betania  
#37 Posted : 02 December 2014 19:10:53(UTC)
betania

Has two CS 2 after 3.8.1 (11), no contact with other equipment. Shifted master / slave, then got in touch again started with booster, slave, transformer etc!
Central Station 60214, 60215, Booster 60174, TrainController 8.0 Guld, m / rail slightly off c-rails, Marklin from the 50's and 60's. Tried to create Marklin-story combined with Swedish locomotives and wagons from 1900 to the present.
Offline steventrain  
#38 Posted : 02 December 2014 21:38:16(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I have a PC in bedroom and did not fit in train room.Confused
Offline lglarsson  
#39 Posted : 02 December 2014 21:49:05(UTC)
lglarsson

Sweden   
Hi
Just updated my CS2 to 3.8.1. Works fine so far...
//LG
Märklin collector/K-track, permanent layout since 1985/60214 CS2, CS3+, 60174 Boosters/WinDigipet, WinTrack, Collection/
Offline clapcott  
#40 Posted : 03 December 2014 11:43:52(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
FYI, some of the new Function Icons ....

UserPostedImage

These are (currently) ONLY used for MFX+ definition of Cab Images.

For a graphic showing which components the icons ref to on the MFX+ Cab Images - refer to

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 14 December 2014 05:30:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline kiwiAlan  
#41 Posted : 03 December 2014 13:00:04(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
FYI, some of the new Function Icons ....

UserPostedImage

A couple appear to be duplicates, others are understandable (oil can) - but what do they mean in the context of a function button?

Well, I guess the fire one (171) is used to activate the appropriate message in the TEE Dining Car. Some of the others like the cell phone (172) probably have similar uses.
Offline H0  
#42 Posted : 03 December 2014 13:18:24(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Some of the others like the cell phone (172) probably have similar uses.
Might be used for the shaking grate as well.
A ringing cell phone would be nice for era V/VI trains.

I read somewhere that they unified their icons. Maybe some of them are not intended for use with functions keys.
Would be nice to switch display between km/h, MPH, and speed steps. 165 and 166 could be for that.

Maybe CS2 will soon be able to tell you that 20 or 40 hours of use are over and maintenance is due.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline clapcott  
#43 Posted : 05 December 2014 02:17:23(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
FYI ChangeLog for 3.8
note: zipped up because it has images that are called by the ChangeLog.html

Source = CS2 if you are network connected = http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/hilfe/ChangeLog.html

Zipped ChangeLog for 3.8
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Steamer01  
#44 Posted : 05 December 2014 15:44:36(UTC)
Steamer01

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: Nigel Packer Go to Quoted Post

Yes, it seems that only one TFP will be updated at a time. After the TFP update, the boot process does not continue, so the CS2 must be shut down and restarted. Effectively, this means you have to power off and reboot once per booster you have, in my case quite a few times (though some of my boosters are up-level even compared with this new update)!

I think this new mini-bug has been introduced with this update, because multiple boosters could always be updated together with previous versions.

Nigel

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Indeed, I have 10 Boosters and I had to reboot 10 times for each GFP 2.93 and than all works fine

Steamer 01
CS3 60216 + 8 x 60174 + 1 x 60175
www.rensenmodelbaanwereld.com
Offline NewMB  
#45 Posted : 05 December 2014 22:53:54(UTC)
NewMB

Germany   
Mine works perfectly after 3.8 update. As for the boosters, the CS2 needed a reboot/restart for every single one to work perfectly. Now all great :)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NewMB
Offline PMPeter  
#46 Posted : 07 December 2014 17:37:24(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Is anyone having problems with the IP DNS Server address changing after this update? I updated to 3.8 on Friday and everything appeared fine. Yesterday while testing out some operations on Rocrail I noticed that the S88 feedbacks acted strangely and remained on even after the train departed, and would not reset.

Checking the CS2 layout plan showed correct S88 functions. So since this happened once before I knew I had a network problem. After that experience I changed the DHCP setting to Manual and everything has been fine until now. Checking the IP addresses confirmed that after the 3.8 update the DNS Server setting had changed. I changed it back to what it should be, rebooted, saved it, rebooted again, and everything worked like it should for about 1/2 an hour when the same sensor action started again. Sure enough the DNS Server address had changed again without shutting down the CS2.

Any idea what could be causing this address to change during operation? It makes automatic Rocrail control impossible if I cannot maintain proper sensor communication.

Cheers
Peter
Offline 65kombi  
#47 Posted : 09 December 2014 17:11:47(UTC)
65kombi

Canada   
Just updated my Central Station with 3.8; as usual, any new features are a total mystery as Marklin doesn't readily supply any info; I'll keep an interested eye on these pages as I'm sure the more tech-savvy amongst my fellow enthusiasts will find the usual treasure-trove of improvements..cheers!

Edited by user 10 December 2014 07:05:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 65kombi
Offline Webmaster  
#48 Posted : 11 December 2014 20:08:28(UTC)
Webmaster

The PC software available for download....

See here...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline Station_Dooiland  
#49 Posted : 12 December 2014 23:28:10(UTC)
Station_Dooiland

Netherlands   
Hi,

Have installed it yesterday. Tested it and worked with it all evening.

Works great, nice features (like clicking on the 'door' icon when in Console-mode).

Of course some little issue's, but for the first release, not bad.

Greetings,

Jan