Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline artfull dodger  
#1 Posted : 31 August 2014 06:27:48(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
A few years ago I was very active here, under a different screen name, dont even remember what it was. After I moved back to Indiana state, I got into garden railroading and sold all my Marklin stuff. Really kicking myself in the arse now. I was going thru a rough patch with some mental issues and needed $$ for the trains that did interest me. Got thru all that, now know why I have felt like an odd duck or that I am on the wrong planet. I have a high functioning form of autism called Aspergers Syndrome. But I am back now and looking to rebuild my small layout. I still have the benchwork thankfully. I am starting out small, picked up a little 0-6-0 steam engine, auto carrying wagon and a box style wagon from the boxes of used stuff at a shop down in Indianapolis. Now I am needing a small look of M track and a transformer to get it running. I really really kick myself as I had full catenary and a really good start on scenery on that old layout! So goes life, so lets try it again. I appreciate any help I can get to get this up and running again. Thanks and its good to be back. Mike
Silly NT's..I have Asperger's Syndrome!!!!
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by artfull dodger
Offline Tom Jessop  
#2 Posted : 31 August 2014 07:18:59(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

Welcome back Dodger , it's amazing how many change scales some time in their life only to go back to where they started & were happy with what they had & could do without too much pain. .All your questions will be answered here by some one at some stage , there are still a lot of the old gang around . When you feel up to it , do a roll thru of the members names & you may find your original log in still here , I don't think there has been a clean out of non active members to my knowledge .

Welcome back again

Tom in Oz .
Offline artfull dodger  
#3 Posted : 31 August 2014 14:34:01(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
Thanks, I did look as I finaly did remember my old screen name, its gone. I havent been active since 2008 here. I will slowly get things rolling again. Mike
Offline PhillipL  
#4 Posted : 01 September 2014 13:40:07(UTC)
PhillipL

United States   
Welcome back! Since you are starting from scratch, you will so many options and products to choose from. I really got into the hobby when I was in the service during the 80s. I stopped it for about five years after leaving the service due lack of funds. When I started again in 92, I really enjoyed planning an entirely new layout (which is small due to space restrictions) and choosing the era to model. I think you have a great adventure ahead of you!
Offline kweekalot  
#5 Posted : 01 September 2014 18:56:05(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Hi Dodger,
Welcome back to the forum. ThumpUp
I guess quite some members here have disorders, like obsessive collecting Marklin, ADHD, Aspergers Syndrome, narcissism, etc....
Not that these so called disorders are bad things, almost 99% of all people have some degree of these syndromes, some are just un-diagnosed, like me. Smile
Many important and successful people have had these so-called disorders, including Presidents, Dictators ... etc...
So if you have some modern named so-called disorder, you are just normal, like me. Smile
The most dangerous people in the world are those who refuse to admit that they too have a problem and claim they are perfect.

Marco
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kweekalot
Offline steventrain  
#6 Posted : 01 September 2014 19:03:36(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Welcome back Mike.Smile
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline artfull dodger  
#7 Posted : 01 September 2014 20:59:20(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I plan to rebuild my '60s era Marklin layout with some slight changes, mostly in buildings. I am working on selling some of my 2 rail DC stuff so I can buy some M track and a transformer. I got real lucky back then as a member here gave me, for the price of shipping, a whole box of M track, turnouts, 2 signals ect. Mike
Offline pdiamd  
#8 Posted : 23 September 2014 05:38:04(UTC)
pdiamd

United States   
Welcome back Mike. I agree with Tom that this forum is good at answering questions you might have.
Pat
CS2...MS2...Marklin Digital and Analog....Steam and Diesel Era III & IV...Insider Member
Favorites Br01, Br23, German and Swiss Crocodiles
Offline SteamNut  
#9 Posted : 23 September 2014 10:16:21(UTC)
SteamNut

United States   
Mike send me a PM as a friend of my has a used starter set here in Chicago. It has a 3000 Lok with 4 wagons, track and a small blue transformer. He is willing to let it go for $40 to $50.
Offline jvuye  
#10 Posted : 23 September 2014 10:47:59(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: artfull dodger Go to Quoted Post
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I plan to rebuild my '60s era Marklin layout with some slight changes, mostly in buildings. I am working on selling some of my 2 rail DC stuff so I can buy some M track and a transformer. I got real lucky back then as a member here gave me, for the price of shipping, a whole box of M track, turnouts, 2 signals ect. Mike

Welcome back!
I can only agree with Marco (aka Kweekalot) the key is to know who we are, and use our natural tendencies for positive accomplishments...so getting back to Märklin fits the bill definitely.
When I lived in the US, the best move I did to enjoy my hobby was to join ETE ( www.ete.org )
I know Kokomo is not exactly in the Great Lakes region, but there is a chapter there with some really fine fellows.
May I suggest you'd try to contact them ?
Maybe there are a few of them living closer by that could help you find what you are after, and maybe, who knows, help you develop some new friendships.
Once again, happy to see you back and good luck with your re-born passion.

Cheers
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
Offline Alsterstreek  
#11 Posted : 23 September 2014 12:28:55(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Originally Posted by: kweekalot Go to Quoted Post
Hi Dodger,
Welcome back to the forum. ThumpUp
I guess quite some members here have disorders, like obsessive collecting Marklin, ADHD, Aspergers Syndrome, narcissism, etc....
Not that these so called disorders are bad things, almost 99% of all people have some degree of these syndromes, some are just un-diagnosed, like me. Smile
Many important and successful people have had these so-called disorders, including Presidents, Dictators ... etc...
So if you have some modern named so-called disorder, you are just normal, like me. Smile
The most dangerous people in the world are those who refuse to admit that they too have a problem and claim they are perfect.

Marco

Phew, I am not alone: I fit the profile(s), too.

RollEyes

Offline danmarklinman  
#12 Posted : 26 September 2014 22:58:55(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Hi, sorry to hear of your problems in the past. I to have sold Marklin in the past to raise cash for other projects. And then regretted it big timeCrying
Still you live and learn! Marklin holds a special place in most of us on the forum so good luck in your quest!
I have a box of M track which I bought some time ago, I paid £10 plus postal cost for a fairly large amount of a bit rusty trackBlink you are most welcome to have this rusty track. But you will have to pay for your postal cost to youThumpUp once again best of luck cheers Dan
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
Offline michelvr  
#13 Posted : 26 September 2014 23:50:08(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Hello Mike,

Sorry that I can't help with the M track but knowing the forum members you'll be well taken care of!

I am, like you, kicking my backside as I sold most of my Marklin collection a couple of years ago! What a mistake! I'm recovering from a brain injury and I go through really bad mood swings which are very frightening!!!!!!!!

May I say welcome back and enjoy the worlds best model trains!

Michel
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by michelvr