Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline klafleur3  
#1 Posted : 24 August 2014 19:08:56(UTC)
klafleur3

United States   
Looking at purchasing a Marklin Digital 7686 Turntable. However, all six of the interlocking track edge sections are missing.

Also, do you know where I can order replacement ones? What is the part number?

I would appreciate your input.

Thank you very much,

Ken

Edited by user 25 August 2014 18:48:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline PMPeter  
#2 Posted : 25 August 2014 02:34:59(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
You will need all of the edge sections in order for the turntable to rotate the full 360 degrees. There are 3 types: the lead pieces that are longer and have the third rail power section in the middle; the short ones with small sections of rail and a centre stop for locating 180 degrees opposite from an entrance track; and the plain small pieces with no rail on top.

You can usually find single pieces of each type on eBay or you can buy an expansion set 7287 which has 3 of the entrance tracks and 3 of the opposite stop tracks. The Fleischmann ones for the 6652 turntable are identical. Actually the Maerklin ones that I have in the 7287 set have Fleischmann numbers on the pieces themselves.

Cheers
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PMPeter
Offline klafleur3  
#3 Posted : 25 August 2014 19:02:23(UTC)
klafleur3

United States   
Ops, my original email said it was a Marklin 7286 turntable. It is actually a Marklin 7686 turntable. So, I'm not sure a 7287 extension kit will work with a Marklin 7686 turntable.

Please advise what extension kits I need for the turntable since all 6 track pieces are missing. Also, do I need to get another special track like a 2291 to onnect it to my M tracks.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ken
Offline PMPeter  
#4 Posted : 25 August 2014 20:27:38(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
The 7686 is the same turntable but has the digital interface. Therefore, the extension sets are the same. These turntables are designed for K track so you would require the K to C or K to M adapter tracks to join up to the turntable lead tracks from the 7287 sets.

Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PMPeter
Offline BrianM  
#5 Posted : 26 August 2014 21:18:57(UTC)
BrianM

United States   
Originally Posted by: PMPeter Go to Quoted Post
The 7686 is the same turntable but has the digital interface. Therefore, the extension sets are the same. These turntables are designed for K track so you would require the K to C or K to M adapter tracks to join up to the turntable lead tracks from the 7287 sets.

Peter

I am using my 7686 turn table with C Track. Works well and yes you the adapter track. there are in the marklin book. if you have a CS2 it works very well with it.