Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 07 August 2014 05:24:37(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I just got my 37347 back from Germany. They added the missing wire between the decoder and the LED panel. I tried to test the lok on my test track with my MS2. The MS2 would not detect the loco. I then tried manually adding a loco with mfx address 44 but it would not respond. Then, after pressing "Stop" twice, the loco started running off on it's own, at times at top speed, at times slower. It also reversed mysteriously.
I disconnected the MS2 and tested it using my Lokprogrammer (Driver's Cab) in Motorola mode and using my trusty old 6021.
All functions that could be tested using those two methods worked.
Why is the MS2 not recognizing the loco and why is the loco responding the way it did?

Regards

Mike C
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 07 August 2014 08:01:47(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
I then tried manually adding a loco with mfx address 44 but it would not respond.
You cannot add mfx locos manually. With the MS2 there is no way to set or determine the mfx address of a loco.

You can disable mfx in the MS2 and run the loco using MM protocol and address 44.

Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Why is the MS2 not recognizing the loco and why is the loco responding the way it did?
I disabled mfx in my Central Station because I want reliable and predictable behaviour.

There are hundreds of threads like "my mfx loco won't register" on the web.

Have you tried "Detect loco" on the MS2? It should give mfx locos that fail to register a kick.
Any other mfx controller you can try (MS1, any CS, other MS2)?

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage