Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline danmarklinman  
#1 Posted : 01 August 2014 21:56:21(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Hi. I have an old Marklin SNCF BB26000 sybic which I wish to fit a sound decoder to it.
First of all is the Marklin digital system unique, or do other decoders like DCC recognise the Marklin mobile station and can therefore be used!
Second if there not. What signifies a decoder which can be used with a Marklin loco and one of there retro motor kits!
Third if I can use a DCC decoder, can anyone tell me if this decoder will run, on the mobile station or do I need the central station!!
Please see this link which shows an SNCF bb26000 sound decoder!
http://www.univers-train...comotives%20%E9lectrique
Fourth, if this decoder will not work on the Marklin system, there is I believe a sound decoder for an NS1700 loco, but I'm not sure who makes it. I think it's ESU,but as I say. I don't really now what to get!
I hope someone can point me in the right direction. PleaseCrying LOL
danmarklinman attached the following image(s):
image.jpg
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 01 August 2014 22:04:27(UTC)
H0

Hi!

The decoder description reads "CMS 26000 DÉCODEUR SONORE ESU LOKSOUND V 4, SON C.M.S POUR BB 26000".

It is an ESU decoder, yes it can be used, it supports DCC (for use with MS2 or CS2) or MM (for use with MS1 or CU 6021).

All modern decoders work with DC motors - and all Märklin conversion kits contain DC motors.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline danmarklinman  
#3 Posted : 01 August 2014 22:30:02(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

The decoder description reads "CMS 26000 DÉCODEUR SONORE ESU LOKSOUND V 4, SON C.M.S POUR BB 26000".

It is an ESU decoder, yes it can be used, it supports DCC (for use with MS2 or CS2) or MM (for use with MS1 or CU 6021).

All modern decoders work with DC motors - and all Märklin conversion kits contain DC motors.

Thankyou so much for your helpThumpUp
On the mobile station. Will it show up on all the icons, such as horn ect. Or will they all be blank as it's not MFX!
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 01 August 2014 22:35:22(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: danmarklinman Go to Quoted Post
Or will they all be blank as it's not MFX!
ESU V4 M4 decoders will register automatically.

With ESU V4 (without M4), you will select the symbols you want from the list of available symbols. This is a one-time process until you reset the MS2 (you can save the settings on a loco card so you can easily restore the symbols after an MS2 reset).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0