Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#1 Posted : 01 July 2014 09:53:08(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Hello all,

I recently purchased a diesel loco: 36700 and I'm currently controlling this with an infrared remote control. I'm unable to set breaking delay using the function key 4.

Here is what I'm doing:
-Switch on the power supply
-Press function 4
-Start the loco and hit stop button.
-The loco halts with out any delay

When I followed the similar steps on my other two locos, it works. But not on 36700.

Regards,
Madhu
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 01 July 2014 10:33:48(UTC)
H0

Hi!

Acceleration and braking delay is on by default. With F4 you turn it off. Thus it is normal that the loco halts without any delay when F4 is on.
With F4 off, the acceleration and braking delay will be used to start and stop the loco. The factory default value is often very low, so ABV may hardly be noticeable.

The delay of the loco can be set with register 3 in programming mode, but not with the IR controller. If you have access to a different controller, then you will be able to increase the ABV for this loco.

AFAIK the locos will stop without any ABV when you press the stop button (which triggers an emergency stop).
When pressing stop, the braking distance will depend mainly on the motor and flywheel, but not the ABV.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#3 Posted : 02 July 2014 05:52:26(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post

AFAIK the locos will stop without any ABV when you press the stop button (which triggers an emergency stop).
When pressing stop, the braking distance will depend mainly on the motor and flywheel, but not the ABV.

While using the remote control, even when I hit "STOP" button, the other two locos stop with a delay.

I understand that the delay time is also programmable and for the other two locos, the factory had set a noticeable delay. On 36700, I'll have to increase the delay time with a CS or MS.

Thank you Tom!