Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Robert Davies  
#1 Posted : 25 June 2014 21:59:47(UTC)
Robert Davies

United Kingdom   
I am not sure whether to put this under Prototype or H0 modelling, but as it more to do with DB practice than Marklin, I have put it here.

I have two separate but related questions about the DB numbering of wagons, which I hope the knowledgeable folk here will be able to help me with.

1. Marklin 4624
This model has appeared for many years in several sets, and individually as Item No. 4624, and is described as DB Type OOtz50. This would subsequently have been reclassified as Type Fa(something) and Marklin shows Fads, although this website http://www.dybas.de/ which looks pretty authoritative suggests that they might have become Fal or Fals. (Type Fads in not mentioned.)

However my particular question relates to the Era IV representation of Item No. 4624 which carries the number 696 0 333-9. The Dybas website apparently shows that no wagons of any type carried numbers 696(anything) (the OOtz50's became 655 x xxxx) so have Marklin just guessed at a number or was the number series starting 696 something special?

2. Marklin 4663
This is a heavy-weight bogie bolster of Type Rs 680 (formerly SSlmas53). I have just acquired 4 more of these beauties so I now have 7 in total, but they all carry the same number 390 3 357-2. This number matches the Dybas database in every respect so there is no issue here but I feel I want to apply individual numbers to these wagons. As my layout is/will be late Era III/early Era IV, I would like to include some un-renumbered wagons in the consist, so does anybody know the former numbers of this type? There were apparently 5500 of them, so there should be plenty of choice! Fleischmann have an Era III version which looks as if it is numbered 081327, so this is a starter but if anyone can come up the full range, I would be grateful.

Thanks as always in anticipation.
Robert
Era III - IV
2 x Central Station 2 v.2 (60214 + 60215)
Hardware versions 3.6 / 4.33
Software version 4.2.1 (0)
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 25 June 2014 22:23:25(UTC)
H0

Hi!

Re 1: The Märklin mould is the OOtz 50, later labelled Fad 167 and finally Fal 167.
They made many variations labelled as Fals or Falns or whatever, but the mould is somewhat incorrect for cars labelled as those types.
I found no information about a 696 0 333-9 yet. Maybe just a fantasy number.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0