Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#1 Posted : 23 June 2014 11:06:44(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Hello All,

I have bought the following stuff:

-29163 (with infrared control)
-29310 (with infrared control)
-36700 loco

Here are my concerns\queries:
1. With one of the two infrared controls contained in my startups, I should be able to control all the 3 engines listed above right? ( as one remote can control up to 4 locos)
2. If I need to buy a digital central station , what are your recommendations (cost effective options)? CS1, CS2 or any other Marklin compatible stuff? Please highlight the price in euroes or dollars so that I can plan accordingly.
Also if there is an existing thread in the forum, please redirect me there.

Thanks in advance,
Madhu

Edited by user 08 April 2015 04:38:19(UTC)  | Reason: Changed the status to solved

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 23 June 2014 12:16:39(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I don't have an infrared controller, but I should imagine you can control all three of your locos with it. Check the manual for your controller to see what the requirements are.

You can only really buy a CS1 (60212) second hand off ebay, and then it might not be up to the latest standards hardware and software wise. But it will be cheaper than a new controller. A CS1 should be at a minimum of v2.0.3 / 2.0.4 software wise and v2.0 hardware wise before you should consider buying one.

For a new purchase consider

Marklin CS2 (60215) (around 650 euro with 60va power supply)
ESU Ecos (50200) around 600 euro with 90va power supply)

Both support mfx/mm/DCC protocols. Only the CS2 supports the mfx+ protocol, and might be the preferred choice if you intend to purchase Marklin only locos.

As an interim cheaper option, you could consider a Marklin Mobile Station 2 (60653) (around 100 euro with track connection box and 32va power supply). It works with mfx/mm/DCC protocols (but not mfx+) and can switch signals and turnouts. It doesn't have all the advanced capabilities of the CS2, but can be used as a remote throttle with the CS2 when you later purchase a CS2.

Remember, that since you live outside of the European Union, VAT of 19% should be deducted off those new prices by the seller/dealer.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#3 Posted : 23 June 2014 15:36:34(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Originally Posted by: madhu.gn.71 Go to Quoted Post
Hello All,

-36700 loco

1. With one of the two infrared controls contained in my startups, I should be able to control all the 3 engines listed above right? ( as one remote can control up to 4 locos)
2. If I need to buy a digital central station , what are your recommendations (cost effective options)? CS1, CS2 or any other Marklin compatible stuff? Please highlight the price in euroes or dollars so that I can plan accordingly.

Thanks in advance,
Madhu

Hello Madhu,
for the beginning, I would take a Mobil Station 2 (MS2), it is very comfortable and except some special functions, that are not supportd by the MS2, a full featured cost efficient central.

Later, if necessary, You can switch to the CS2 and use the MS2 as additional controller connected to the CS2.

Moritz

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Moritz-BR365
Offline steventrain  
#4 Posted : 23 June 2014 15:51:32(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Take MS2 if you have small layout.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline river6109  
#5 Posted : 23 June 2014 15:55:48(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Madhu,

the above answers say it all, it purely depends on how you going to progress or proceed with more locos, may be a layout, carriages with interior lights, turnouts, signals and so forth and as Moritz explains when you decide to extend your loco collection look at upgrading your command station,

It took me 4 years to decider which controller to get as you will outlay a lot of money and possible other electronic modules and it is very important you get a system which is upgradable or compatible as many members may run a Märklin digital system but use other electronic modules such as Viessmann or other smaller manufacturers much cheaper than Märklin but do the same job,

Also if intend just to use Märklin products and don't buy other locos from different manufacturers I would recommend to stick with Märklin but if you feel you may purchase locos from Roco, Liliput, ESU, Rivarossi, HAG and Brawa, except Roco you will find all decoders are from ESU but this doesn't mean you have to change your digital command station it only helps if you like to change current settings within the decoder.
I for instance know very little or understand very little about computer bites and bits and my only programming tool is an ESU lokprogrammer,

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#6 Posted : 24 June 2014 10:04:11(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Hello all,

Thank you all for the recommendation. To summarize, I'll go for MS2 (60653) as my next upgrade option.
Untill my loco count is within 6, I'll manage with the existing IR control. Also I can set same address for two locos so that I can make then run simultaneously on parallel tracks right?
I believe this 60653 contains all the components to set up the Mobile station like transformer, feeder track wires, track box etc. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Thank you all,
Madhu
madhu.gn.71 attached the following image(s):
cs60653.jpg
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#7 Posted : 24 June 2014 12:49:14(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I believe this 60653 contains all the components to set up the Mobile station like transformer, feeder track wires, track box etc. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Yes that is correct. The only other thing you might need is an adapter to convert the European mains plug on the power supply to your local mains plug type.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#8 Posted : 01 November 2014 17:58:14(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Team, earlier I had asked if the 60653 contains all the components like feeder wire, track box and transformer etc. After a long wait of 5 months I got my MS 60653 today and to my horror the box contained only the MainStation unit Angry . I paid 109 euros and this was annoying as I still could not use it:(
I'm still not "DIGITAL". (Lokshop.de sells this at 79 euros and I'm cursing myself for having paid 109 in Conrad Cursing )

Friends please guide me here as what all I should buy now to connect this 60653?

1 If I order just the Track Box 60113 (H0), should I be able to use my MS?
2 Do I need to buy wires separately to connect 60113 to the track ?
3 Can I reuse the transformer (36VA) which I got with the infrared starter sets?

The feeder track from my infrared starter set is of no use in MS connection I guess.

Please guide me and I would appreciate if you are as descriptive as possible. I've attached the images of my infrared starter set's transformer and feedertrack
60653 with infrared transformer and feeder track.jpg
60653.jpg
Offline kiwiAlan  
#9 Posted : 01 November 2014 18:46:20(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Hello All,

-36700 loco

Thanks in advance,
Madhu

I am not familiar with the IR control unit, but I suspect you may need to change the address of two of the locos to operate on the control, rather like the Delta controller will only control a fixed set of locomotive addresses.

Check the instructions for the control, and it should tell you what addresses it will control.

Offline madhu.gn.71  
#10 Posted : 01 November 2014 18:57:53(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
@kiwiAlan, thank you for the reply. That query is resolved and now. I'm able to run 5 locos with one infrared controller where in two locos are set with the same address.
Now my query is that of my misunderstanding of 60653 which I bought after the recommendations by the community.
Offline Purellum  
#11 Posted : 01 November 2014 19:00:03(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Hello Madhu ??

Quote:
Team, earlier I had asked if the 60653 contains all the components like feeder wire, track box and transformer etc.

Yes; but I think the photo you showed mislead Bigdaddy to think that you would order what was on the photo, not just a 60653.

You need a 60113, and I THINK you can use the transformer / power supply you have from the infrared set.
Can you give us the number written on the transformer? If it is 66361 it's the same as you get for a mobile station.

A much better deal for you now would be to buy a 60653 + a 60113 from a starter set, on Ebay or similar.

This way you will have two 60653s, and thus will be able to control two trains at the same time.

Buying just a 60113 from Conrad will probably be just as expensive.

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline H0  
#12 Posted : 01 November 2014 19:03:31(UTC)
H0

Hi!
You're picture posted 24/06/2014 shows all you need: MS2 60653, power supply, track box 60113. These three items from starter sets typically come together for about 70 Euro - without original boxes.

You only bought the MS2 - not from a starter set, but the retail version with original box. It does not include the track box.

The 36 VA power supply is perfect for the MS2.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Purellum  
#13 Posted : 01 November 2014 19:09:21(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

At the moment just 1 ( !! ) set on ebay:

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i...kw=60653&_sacat=9035

89,99 Euro, versus 49,xx for just the 60113.

If you need help to buy from Europe, tell me.

Per.

Cool

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#14 Posted : 01 November 2014 19:22:23(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
My bad! @Tom, Bigdaddynz and others my apologies as the picture I got from Google search mislead us all.

@Purellum, currently I would just consider buying the track box 60113 as I've already spent enough. I just checked my Forestry starter set and I do have the transformer 66361 (relieved). As the set is not handy I referred to the PDF manual from the website.
Thank you for the quick reply.

3. Contents
1 no. 194548 Basistation C Track 188 mm
7 no. 24172 sections straight C Track 172 mm
1 no. 24611 tournout left C Track
1 no. 24612 tournout right C Track
1 no. 66361 switched power pack
1 IR Controller

Should I buy the track feeder wires separately?

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by madhu.gn.71
Offline Purellum  
#15 Posted : 01 November 2014 21:11:17(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Quote:
Should I buy the track feeder wires separately?

No, they come with the 60113, they are permanently mounted in the box.

Per.

P.S: The search I did in my previous post was wrong, I searched in the wrong part of Ebay. There are more options regarding 60113 alone, or 60653+60113-sets.

Cool

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#16 Posted : 18 November 2014 17:09:22(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
I'm digital!!

Dear all,

With the arrival of 60113, now I've officially gone digital:) I test ran 36501 with the new set up. Thank you all for your suggestions.
I used the power supply from one of my start ups. I think it will take some more time for me to get used to this control unit.
I had to google to connect the wires (O-Brown wire, B-Red wire) from 60113 to C track.
Just out of curiocity, will it blow up the system if I interchange the connectors (I assume it should not as its an AC system or am I wrong?)

Regards,
Madhu
DSCN0371.JPG
DSCN0374.JPG
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by madhu.gn.71
Offline kiwiAlan  
#17 Posted : 18 November 2014 17:37:29(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
I'm digital!!

Dear all,

With the arrival of 60113, now I've officially gone digital:) I test ran 36501 with the new set up. Thank you all for your suggestions.
I used the power supply from one of my start ups. I think it will take some more time for me to get used to this control unit.
I had to google to connect the wires (O-Brown wire, B-Red wire) from 60113 to C track.
Just out of curiocity, will it blow up the system if I interchange the connectors (I assume it should not as its an AC system or am I wrong?)

Regards,
Madhu

Congratulations on achieving this milestone, a whole new world awaits you.

You will be able to run most locomotives with the wires either way around, but old locomotives and various accessories will require the red wire to be the studs and the brown wire to be the rails. It is a good habit to get into to always put them the right way around as it helps eliminate frustrating problems later.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Jay  
#18 Posted : 18 November 2014 18:59:59(UTC)
Jay

South Africa   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
I'm digital!!

Dear all,

Regards,
Madhu

Congratulations on achieving this milestone, a whole new world awaits you.

Hi Madhu,I can only agree with Alan.Do it right from the beginning and you can't go wrong.
Congratulations on your milestone.
Jay
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Jay